HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brett Hull: The Ultimate Troll

Old
10-25-2012, 07:44 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

vCash: 500
Brett Hull: The Ultimate Troll

Quote:
Brett hull ‏@2ndBestHull
Happy halloween to all my friends in Buffalo!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...9384--nhl.html

lol he is hilarious.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Kunitziwa

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Ha nice. He said something to the extent of "Hey Buffalo, get over it" live on Versus 2 or 3 seasons ago. He must really have it in for Buffalo.

Kunitziwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:52 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Nicely carved.

Saw this on the main board the other day.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Hahahaha that's great

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Burgs

I too would be totally proud of the league ignoring their own rules to give a Southern relocation team a Stanley Cup. Guess Hull needs the attention.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Funny, NHLN is showing game 6 right now.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
give a Southern relocation team a Stanley Cup. .
You really believe in this conspiracy crap? It was just a bad mistake and i`m sure the call would have been the same even if it was the Sabres scoring on the Stars.I believe the league has that much integrity left thet dont just "give" the cup to a team they like the most. People say Penguins get preferential treatment all the time cause Penguins have Crosby and Malkin, you believe in that too?.

Saku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
You really believe in this conspiracy crap? It was just a bad mistake and i`m sure the call would have been the same even if it was the Sabres scoring on the Stars.I believe the league has that much integrity left thet dont just "give" the cup to a team they like the most. People say Penguins get preferential treatment all the time cause Penguins have Crosby and Malkin, you believe in that too?.
No, because there is no evidence for that at all. AFAIK nobody has ever been suspended for cheapshotting and/or injuring Sid and Geno.

However in 1999 the league was going on and on and on about "foot in the crease" but suddenly in the finals Dallas wins on a goal the type of which had been disallowed all season long. I don't think there was a concerted effort by the league and the refs to hand the Stars a Cup, maybe I worded that too harshly. But the situation was fishy enough that IMO it's a bit of a black mark on the league and Hull's career. And to gloat about it even over a decade later is just facepalm-worthy to me.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
No, because there is no evidence for that at all. AFAIK nobody has ever been suspended for cheapshotting and/or injuring Sid and Geno.

However in 1999 the league was going on and on and on about "foot in the crease" but suddenly in the finals Dallas wins on a goal the type of which had been disallowed all season long. I don't think there was a concerted effort by the league and the refs to hand the Stars a Cup, maybe I worded that too harshly. But the situation was fishy enough that IMO it's a bit of a black mark on the league and Hull's career. And to gloat about it even over a decade later is just facepalm-worthy to me.
Hull is definitely a jagoff. As a jagoff myself, I think its hilarious. Obviously its going to annoy people. That's pretty clearly his intent when posting something like that.

And ya, I don't buy for a second that it was anything beyond a horrible call. No intent or anything like that. Just a plain bad call at a really really bad time.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 07:12 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:

I don't see how a bad call can stain his career. It's not his fault the refs muffed the call. And he only continues to gloat about it because now that twitter lets fans directly contact people, Sabre fans try to troll him about it. So what's he do - trolls them back, and does an awesome job at it. He knows himself it was a horrible call, but what should he have done? What that "I touched the ball coach" commercial says we should do? lol (Videos not on youtube, but you have to know what I'm talking about, I hope.)

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 08:57 PM
clefty
What?

Never had a problem with the goal because it was an idiotic rule, especially since the size of the crease had been enlarged 6-7 years prior.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 06:54 AM
gopens66
Bart 4 Crosby's RW!

The rule was that you could go into the crease if the puck was there first. I never had a problem with the goal because the puck was in the crease before Hull played it. When he did, his skate was in the crease. As he controlled the puck and brought it to his forehand, he brought the puck out of the crease and shot it. According to the rules, it was a good goal.

gopens66 is offline   Reply With Quote