HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Markov signs for Vityaz Chekhov (KHL)

Old
10-27-2012, 02:09 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
I hope Markov retires as a Hab. One of my all time favorite and he loves the city. I hope I'm not the only one.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:12 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No way, we're keeping that prospect!

Just let him fly with the LTIR club. He seems to got a taste for it.
I was being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585
I hope Markov retires as a Hab. One of my all time favorite and he loves the city. I hope I'm not the only one.
Agreed 100%++

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:16 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I don't hate Markov at all but I'm not inclined to put him on a pedestal given he's done nothing the last couple of years but tie the GM's hands in a knot.

And I look for more injuries frankly simply because he's played little hockey the last few years.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:21 PM
domdo345

It really bothers me to see that much hate on a guy that gave so many good years of service to our organization and when it's not even his fault that he's injured. The guy was always a class act, called out Price when he was younger (that really put him on track) and lastly but nonetheless, was our best Dmen for so many years and still has the potential to comeback strong. I would be strongly pissed if he's ever questioned about his effort and dedication and furious if he ever gets booed at the Bell Center.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:25 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I don't hate Markov at all but I'm not inclined to put him on a pedestal given he's done nothing the last couple of years but tie the GM's hands in a knot.

And I look for more injuries frankly simply because he's played little hockey the last few years.
Hahaha only in Montreal will supposed fans **** on a guy who gets non preventable injuries.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:31 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Hahaha only in Montreal will supposed fans **** on a guy who gets non preventable injuries.
How did I crap on the guy? By saying he'll get injured again? By not putting him on a pedestal? The fact is he HAS forced GMs' to make numerous moves.

And this notion that Markov gets non preventable injuries is debatable. To be honest I think he's pretty lousy at protecting himself. Okay, maybe that's crapping on Markov.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:33 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
How did I crap on the guy? By saying he'll get injured again? By not putting him on a pedestal? The fact is he HAS forced GMs' to make numerous moves.

And this notion that Markov gets non preventable injuries is debatable. To be honest I think he's pretty lousy at protecting himself. Okay, maybe that's crapping on Markov.
You have lost it son !

Old
10-27-2012, 03:39 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
You have lost it son !
It's all good. I heard how great Markov was going to be for the Habs last season and took a lot of heat. We all know how that worked out.

When's he's back leading the Habs to victory and doing Markov-like things I'll certainly throw the accolades his way. No doubt he' been through a lot.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:40 PM
capebretoncanadien

This news is a relief!

Anyone watching him play in the KHL? How's he look?

capebretoncanadien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:03 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
It's complete BS, you don't get out of a game for a rib bruised. Him and Mister Ovechkin can stay in Russia after the lockout is done, it won't make any difference as I won't cheer for these 2 anymore.
1/ Ever had a bruised rib... very painful

2/ Leaving game was the responsible thing to do for his contract here as a precaution and to mitigate doing extra damage.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Do you think he set out trying to miss most of the last 2 years? Sounds like a true couch potato quote. "...athlete X is just happy being home collecting a paycheque with his bum knee..."

I'm pretty sure that being out hurts markov more than it hurts the team, the Gm, the players or the fans...the guy is one of the top 1% of pro hockey players but he spent 23 prime years on the sidelines, that's something no amount of money can replace.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I'm not sure how someone can be so hateful towards one of our best players over the past 10+ years just because his career has had a terrible string of bad luck. Makes no sense to me how people can hate HIM for his injuries. Even Bruins fans aren't low enough to hate Marc Savard for his concussions.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Andy

This thread continues to confirm my belief that the habs have some of the worst fans in the league.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
This thread continues to confirm my belief that the habs have some of the worst fans in the league.
And that's the ugly truth.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:20 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
On the bright side he is very well protected.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm not sure how someone can be so hateful towards one of our best players over the past 10+ years just because his career has had a terrible string of bad luck. Makes no sense to me how people can hate HIM for his injuries. Even Bruins fans aren't low enough to hate Marc Savard for his concussions.
Even Flyers, you'd never see them talk about Pronger like this, and Pronger is likely finished with or without the concussion.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Makes me wonder if some of our fans would hate on Max if he got launched into another stanchion and ate up some cap for a few years.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

What the heck are you talking about man?
Injuries are not wanted. He didn't force the GM to do anything. Guy got screwed by injuried these past few years, how is that Markov's fault exactly? If someone gets shot, you're going to blame the victim?
He's lousy at protecting himself? Seriously? Do you even know anything about that?
Injuries are not preventable. If you are a professional athlete, you will get injured, period. Some get more unlucky than others, that's it. Blaming a player for his injuries is just wrong.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

He tried to hit a guy but missed and lost his breath. Big deal.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:22 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What the heck are you talking about man?
Injuries are not wanted. He didn't force the GM to do anything. Guy got screwed by injuried these past few years, how is that Markov's fault exactly? If someone gets shot, you're going to blame the victim?
He's lousy at protecting himself? Seriously? Do you even know anything about that?
Injuries are not preventable. If you are a professional athlete, you will get injured, period. Some get more unlucky than others, that's it. Blaming a player for his injuries is just wrong.
I think what people are really mad about is the fact that Markov and his agent (Meehan) misrepresented the extent of his injury when he resigned for 3 years. Personally I blame PG for resigning him at that term and price when Markov should have been signed for 1-2 yrs max to prove he was ready.

Markov has had bad luck with injuries but I think it also has a lot to do with his inability to take or absorb a hit. On every play where he's been injured he turns in some awkward fashion to avoid a hit and somehow makes it worse. So although there is an element of luck, or lack thereof, he's also responsible for how he absorbs or avoids a hit. Unfortunately, it's probably too late in his career to teach him how to do so properly so at this point it is inevitable that he will reinjure himself again and again until he's forced to retire (but not before recouping the monies owed on his contract).

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
He probably won't be touching any career highs, but you can bet that while he's on the ice, he will be a force and our BEST defenseman. It's no coincidence that PK turned into a different player once Markov came back to practice.
Markov won't be a force, what are you talking about? Oh wait practice lol

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:44 PM
MarkyMarkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
I think what people are really mad about is the fact that Markov and his agent (Meehan) misrepresented the extent of his injury when he resigned for 3 years. Personally I blame PG for resigning him at that term and price when Markov should have been signed for 1-2 yrs max to prove he was ready.
Andrei Markov and Don Meehan misrepresented the extent of his injury? Seriously? Because the Canadiens medical staff doesn't have physicians that are capable of making their own assessment... Dr. Markov and Dr. Meehan had to trick that Habs into signing him. PG knew exactly what he was getting into, there were unforeseen complications (cartilage and tissue remnants) and it ended up being worst case scenario. That's it that's all.

MarkyMarkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:50 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

Markov has had bad luck with injuries but I think it also has a lot to do with his inability to take or absorb a hit. On every play where he's been injured he turns in some awkward fashion to avoid a hit and somehow makes it worse. So although there is an element of luck, or lack thereof, he's also responsible for how he absorbs or avoids a hit. Unfortunately, it's probably too late in his career to teach him how to do so properly so at this point it is inevitable that he will reinjure himself again and again until he's forced to retire (but not before recouping the monies owed on his contract).
Oh, this keeps getting better and better....Are you guys serious ? You are saying that Markov doesn't know how to take a hit...un friggin real.

Old
10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Nope, just more. Go to the Leafs board, they seem just as bad, but that's because there is 10's of thousands of them.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Why would Markov want to sign for 1 year? Why would he not go test the open market instead where he'd likely get a better deal? And he didn't hide any injuries, the Habs medical staff have been treating and following him for all his career, they know exactly the extent of his injury. He suffered set backs, which are unpredictable.
You can argue that the habs should have went in another direction, that's debatable, but blaming Markov for his injuries is just wrong.

If Markov didn't know how to take in a hit, he'd get killed in the NHL. You start learning how to absorb hits in like Pee-wee or Bantam. Markov knows how to take one. His first big injury was an achille heal tear, nothing to do with how to take a hit.
The knee injury from Cook seemed like an awkward fall, the one from Staal was a knee on knee which happens often in the NHL.
If he didn't know how to protect himself he'd have a lot more upper body injuries, including concussions, and even then, that wouldn't necessarily mean whatever player don't know how to protect himself. Makes no sense at all.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote