HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alfie/Iggy or Smid/Regher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 08:01 PM
  #1
Noah23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Alfie/Iggy or Smid/Regher

The Penguins must add one responsible D man or a two-way veteran winger in order to succeed in the playoffs.

Not Available - the obvious core of the team

Kennedy + 1st Round Pick in 2013 + Brian Doumlin for Jarome Iginla

Bortouzzo + 1st Round Pick in 2013 for Ladislav Smid

Noah23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:28 PM
  #2
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,182
vCash: 500
You're gonna have to make a much better offer than that for Smid. We have no interest in a random defenseman and a late 1st round pick for a legitimate top 4 shutdown defenseman.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:36 PM
  #3
Altimus
Probably drunk
 
Altimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
In Alfie's case, he gets to pick where he wants to go, Ottawa would never trade him to the highest bidder.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:41 PM
  #4
Noah23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
You're gonna have to make a much better offer than that for Smid. We have no interest in a random defenseman and a late 1st round pick for a legitimate top 4 shutdown defenseman.
I figured but I honestly don't even know where to begin

Noah23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:46 PM
  #5
s7ark
Moderator
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah23 View Post
I figured but I honestly don't even know where to begin
The Oilers aren't in a position to be moving any of the top 4 D they have.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:47 PM
  #6
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah23 View Post
The Penguins must add one responsible D man or a two-way veteran winger in order to succeed in the playoffs.

Not Available - the obvious core of the team

Kennedy + 1st Round Pick in 2013 + Brian Doumlin for Jarome Iginla

Bortouzzo + 1st Round Pick in 2013 for Ladislav Smid
I'd guess Iginla isn't going anywhere after Calgary signed ROR today. Looks like the Flames may try and make a run at getting Bouwmeester his first ever playoff game.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:29 PM
  #7
Kaen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
It's highly unlikely that Smid is available. Even more so without a solid player coming back.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:56 PM
  #8
Clamshells
Registered User
 
Clamshells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
nobody wants rat face kennedy

Clamshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:25 PM
  #9
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I'd guess Iginla isn't going anywhere after Calgary signed ROR today. Looks like the Flames may try and make a run at getting Bouwmeester his first ever playoff game.
Calgary didn't sign RoR today

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:33 PM
  #10
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frea_K View Post
In Alfie's case, he gets to pick where he wants to go, Ottawa would never trade him to the highest bidder.
Correct. I'd be happy getting future considerations for him if he wants to go.

I imagine it will be Boston if he does request a chance at the cup (Chara, Kelly)

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:03 PM
  #11
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Correct. I'd be happy getting future considerations for him if he wants to go.

I imagine it will be Boston if he does request a chance at the cup (Chara, Kelly)
I want him here for sure. More than I want Iginla, Briere, Morrow, or anyone else that has been rumored.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:59 PM
  #12
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Correct. I'd be happy getting future considerations for him if he wants to go.

I imagine it will be Boston if he does request a chance at the cup (Chara, Kelly)
What about Alfie to St. Louis? Gives him a chance to win a Cup with his old buddy Wade.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:14 AM
  #13
Eisen
Registered User
 
Eisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eugene
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I'd guess Iginla isn't going anywhere after Calgary signed ROR today. Looks like the Flames may try and make a run at getting Bouwmeester his first ever playoff game.
edit

Eisen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:18 AM
  #14
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,909
vCash: 57
We have done this a million times in the end the deal most fans agree on is 1st + Maatta + and a roster player such as Kennedy for Iginla

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:19 AM
  #15
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Smid won't be traded for a low level prospect. If for some reason EDM can't resign him they will get a better deal than that for him. Smid is the type of player that any team that has a legit shot at the cup he can really help. He does all the dirty things.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:25 AM
  #16
RespectYourEdlers
Registered User
 
RespectYourEdlers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surrey, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus View Post
In Alfie's case, he gets to pick where he wants to go, Ottawa would never trade him to the highest bidder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Correct. I'd be happy getting future considerations for him if he wants to go.

I imagine it will be Boston if he does request a chance at the cup (Chara, Kelly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I want him here for sure. More than I want Iginla, Briere, Morrow, or anyone else that has been rumored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
What about Alfie to St. Louis? Gives him a chance to win a Cup with his old buddy Wade.


He would pick Vancouver

RespectYourEdlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:28 AM
  #17
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Im sure EDM GM would want local product J.Morrow+ if EDM becomes sellers and look to trade Smid to PIT.

Morrow + conditional 1st if Smid extends if EDM is selling.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:39 AM
  #18
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,296
vCash: 500
A 1st rounder is good value for Smid imo. I just don't think the Oilers can be in a position to be trading established players for picks/prospects (who aren't ready to contribute ASAP).

The team needs to be at the point where they are trying to get better. Adding more picks that wont be turning into contributing NHLers for a few years at least just doesn't work any more. I would hope the organization is past that.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:48 AM
  #19
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Edmonton is not going to be trading for D prospects with with what they have in the system. Pittsburgh doesn't have anything they would trade that the Oilers would want, and that is including picks.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:52 AM
  #20
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
A 1st rounder is good value for Smid imo. I just don't think the Oilers can be in a position to be trading established players for picks/prospects (who aren't ready to contribute ASAP).

The team needs to be at the point where they are trying to get better. Adding more picks that wont be turning into contributing NHLers for a few years at least just doesn't work any more. I would hope the organization is past that.
Smid should get at least a 1st plus a A/B prospect, no less. He's the type of D that could turn a team into a cup contender.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:03 AM
  #21
sjci
Registered User
 
sjci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah23 View Post
The Penguins must add one responsible D man or a two-way veteran winger in order to succeed in the playoffs.

Not Available - the obvious core of the team

Kennedy + 1st Round Pick in 2013 + Brian Doumlin for Jarome Iginla

Bortouzzo + 1st Round Pick in 2013 for Ladislav Smid
Buffalo would love to send Regehr to Pitt for their (late) 1st. But would settle for a 2nd if a hard line was drawn.

sjci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:13 AM
  #22
WarriorScholar
Registered User
 
WarriorScholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
We have done this a million times in the end the deal most fans agree on is 1st + Maatta + and a roster player such as Kennedy for Iginla
Yup. Now only if you can convince feaster that it would be ridiculous to be a buyer considering the lack of sellers in a shortened season. Flames chance to capitalize .

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:15 AM
  #23
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,909
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Yup. Now only if you can convince feaster that it would be ridiculous to be a buyer considering the lack of sellers in a shortened season. Flames chance to capitalize .
I think he will be a seller I don't think ROR would have changed that but merely was a chance to get a potential first line center long term other cheap depending on the pick.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:46 AM
  #24
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,794
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Smid should get at least a 1st plus a A/B prospect, no less. He's the type of D that could turn a team into a cup contender.
For a rental? A 1st in the deepest draft in years and an A prospect? No chance... This is Smid, not Perry.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:53 AM
  #25
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,300
vCash: 500
It's not that deep of a draft just Really front loaded with top end talent.

Also oilers have enough prospects that are working out the need NHL players now.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.