Old
07-30-2013, 03:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutqc View Post
This is some good stuff. So the bar will not be set low for AAA
You had to be good to get invited. Simple as that.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Hockey RUS

Emails did go out late. There also is a waiting,list for hose who say no.

Right now, no one knows who or how many got emails.

The fun starts now for those who expected an invite but did not get one.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:49 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey RUS View Post
Emails did go out late. There also is a waiting,list for hose who say no.

Right now, no one knows who or how many got emails.

The fun starts now for those who expected an invite but did not get one.
They only really need about 40 kind at camp.

Lets be honest every parent thinks their kid should be there.

Old
07-31-2013, 07:50 AM
white57

As long as the top 40 show up or else it will be a long year. The AA team will have allot of first year players that is why some second year players will be left off the list.

Old
07-31-2013, 09:40 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslnorth View Post
As long as the top 40 show up or else it will be a long year. The AA team will have allot of first year players that is why some second year players will be left off the list.
LSL North and LSL South, nice team names eh ?

The kids can be left off the list, or not show up.

Good coaches have winning teams, Isabella and Naek have won where they've been. I don't think they're worried.

The Atom BB talent on our side is very good, just as good as lakeshore actually, but the coaching wasn't there.

Peewee BB DR went to the Finals, and VO was Lions Div finalists, there's talent here.

Old
07-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Popsicle*

Tech camp will decide which level players will try out for during the Training Camp AAA/AA

Old
07-31-2013, 10:52 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Sandler View Post
Tech camp will decide which level players will try out for during the Training Camp AAA/AA
Yup, pretty simple.

Old
07-31-2013, 11:13 AM
white57

Don't be fooled the first year kids from atom bb will have a hard time in AAA if they make it. The league will be very strong and will have mostly top 2001 players in Quebec playing in this league. They will have a huge advantage already having them played one year of pee wee hockey.

Our best first year wont be successful as you think as he will be facing top 2001 defencemen and coachs will assign roles to certain players.

Old
07-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Popsicle*

Quote:
Don't be fooled the first year kids from atom bb will have a hard time in AAA if they make it. The league will be very strong and will have mostly top 2001 players in Quebec playing in this league. They will have a huge advantage already having them played one year of pee wee hockey.

Our best first year wont be successful as you think as he will be facing top 2001 defencemen and coachs will assign roles to certain players.
Agreed, although WestLake will have at least one first year that will be successful

Old
07-31-2013, 12:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

I'm now certain of who you are...

It's basically major-minor.. Which honestly is great, the best 1st years will make AAA.

Peewee is still a little young to "assign" roles but whatever.

Westlake won't be that good, but the wonder kid will be fine. He's a big kid for a first year, he's not only skilled but smart too.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Stamingia
Rookie User

Hockey is not a one man game. He will be shut down.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:36 PM
stuggatz42

There might be some surprises for sure but from atom bb im skeptical im sure the west lake kid might make it,but don't forget a lot of the 2nd year kids when they played atom some of them also scored 60 goals and yes they were wonder kids who ate wonder bread for breakfast,but when you get to peewee and play with 2nd year kids it's a different beast on the ice...they are bigger,taller, stronger,and faster,so it won't be a walk in the park,you won't go through everybody like in atom.I've seen him shut down in metropolitain hockey of all places.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I love this.... It's funny.

He scored 100 goals in Atom BB, I doubt most of you have seen him...

He's big, like most 2nd years. 30 goals isn't a stretch. He strong and skilled.

He will be in AAA.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:47 PM
stuggatz42

You must be his uncle,i know the kid will make it, don't get me wrong,but he won't be a stand out for sure and yes we know the kid so let's move on to other things.
I've heard some kids that were invited are still undecided so might open up some doors

Old
07-31-2013, 03:19 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuggatz42 View Post
You must be his uncle,i know the kid will make it, don't get me wrong,but he won't be a stand out for sure and yes we know the kid so let's move on to other things.
I've heard some kids that were invited are still undecided so might open up some doors
Hahah that's a funny one... I've said it before, I can coach these teams, for the next 12 years atleast...

I have no relation to anyone in the DL system.

I know he's going to make it because I've seen him during his AA callups.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:31 PM
Mrknowitall

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuggatz42 View Post

For sure some good kids aren't going to go to the try outs. Many of them are planning to play school hockey and many of the private schools have already advised the parents that they could not play both AAA and school hockey. Other schools are waiting for GMAA to make it official that they will not allow kids who play AAA to compete in their organization. I can see this being a problem especially for those kids who are relying on a scholarship.

Old
07-31-2013, 03:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Not many peewee kids play high school hockey.

AAA and AA won't be threatened by these schools. They'll lose 3-4 players in peewee and same for bantam.

For BB and lower its a threat.

Old
07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Stamingia
Rookie User

FYI..Look up John Rennie, Kuper, LCC, Loyola....etc...

Are you for real?

Old
07-31-2013, 04:48 PM
stuggatz42

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 10 peewee kids that are playing school hockey....you should do your homework before posting!!!

Old
07-31-2013, 04:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

And all these kids are AAA caliber.... Yeah right.

School hockey won't touch AA or AAA. The caliber is BB at best, as you get older maybe and I mean maybe it's BB+.

John Rennie has Bantam AAA and AA at their school, along with Midget Espoir, kids will go there to play those levels.

GMAA isn't close to what AA/AAA will offer.

Old
07-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Mrknowitall

True about JR.

A good percentage of the kids who have been invited are going to private school. I will go as far as saying that a good percentage of the top kids invited are going to private school. While some may have a choice to play school hockey others were accepted and given scholarships based on the fact that they will play school hockey.

As for the caliber of GMAA many kids who played pee wee AA and BB last year did not make their school team!

Old
07-31-2013, 06:35 PM
bigstarr

Peewee CC and Peewee BB second year kids are much stronger then all of the atom bb players coming up. (size, speed etc... we can all agree that there are maybe a handful of at bb players that can keep up with them.)

However, when it comes down to making AAA and AA teams; the second year players will get priority in AAA and the first year players will have priority in AA. In the end, there might be some seondyear players that are not strong enough to make AAA but are strong enough to make AA and will not make either team.

As for the budget: Bantam AAA/AA community will be 4,000-4,250$. Peewee AAA/AA will be 3,500- 3,750$. This does not include hotels for families but does include everything else including all the apparel each team is required to have. (practice jerseys, socks, track suits, t-shirts for off ice, shells etc) That is why all the teams have the same logo so it is easier to print out the apparel.

Also, all Peewee AAA,AA and Bantam AAA/AA Community teams will have to train at the same off ice center. (John Rennie teams I assume have their own trainers since they train at the school) If I had to guess, Athletic Republic will be taking care of that since they helped out with the testing and also work with the Lions in the summer.

Remember, coaches are getting paid this year (staff gets around 7,000 or 8,000$ to split amongst themselves) which makes the team budget more expensive. The ice will be reasonable price (DDO, Ray Bourque, Kirkland, Beaconsfield, TMR etc city rate) but teams also have to pay for the developers going on the ice with each team every so often (Gerry Gomez, Jon Goyens, Raz etc and also the off ice trainers and the facility.

Old
07-31-2013, 07:31 PM
stuggatz42

Staminchia!!! What happen big star did you steal the template that's too much info you're gonna stone everybody,try to hold back a little next time lol!! but that sounds just about right.

Old
07-31-2013, 08:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrknowitall View Post
True about JR.

A good percentage of the kids who have been invited are going to private school. I will go as far as saying that a good percentage of the top kids invited are going to private school. While some may have a choice to play school hockey others were accepted and given scholarships based on the fact that they will play school hockey.

As for the caliber of GMAA many kids who played pee wee AA and BB last year did not make their school team!
Not many parents who can afford the AAA/AA will chose GMAA over AAA/AA.

These scholarships only go to top players.

The caliber isn't close, the GMAA limit for AA's was 7 I believe, not everyone tries out.

School hockey isn't a better caliber then AA.

Old
07-31-2013, 08:40 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstarr View Post
Peewee CC and Peewee BB second year kids are much stronger then all of the atom bb players coming up. (size, speed etc... we can all agree that there are maybe a handful of at bb players that can keep up with them.)

However, when it comes down to making AAA and AA teams; the second year players will get priority in AAA and the first year players will have priority in AA. In the end, there might be some seondyear players that are not strong enough to make AAA but are strong enough to make AA and will not make either team.

As for the budget: Bantam AAA/AA community will be 4,000-4,250$. Peewee AAA/AA will be 3,500- 3,750$. This does not include hotels for families but does include everything else including all the apparel each team is required to have. (practice jerseys, socks, track suits, t-shirts for off ice, shells etc) That is why all the teams have the same logo so it is easier to print out the apparel.

Also, all Peewee AAA,AA and Bantam AAA/AA Community teams will have to train at the same off ice center. (John Rennie teams I assume have their own trainers since they train at the school) If I had to guess, Athletic Republic will be taking care of that since they helped out with the testing and also work with the Lions in the summer.

Remember, coaches are getting paid this year (staff gets around 7,000 or 8,000$ to split amongst themselves) which makes the team budget more expensive. The ice will be reasonable price (DDO, Ray Bourque, Kirkland, Beaconsfield, TMR etc city rate) but teams also have to pay for the developers going on the ice with each team every so often (Gerry Gomez, Jon Goyens, Raz etc and also the off ice trainers and the facility.
This is all pretty accurate.

Closed Thread