HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVII

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

vCash: 500

Old
10-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Hopper15

2010 Doc Halladay Cliff Lee

2012 Chris Carpenter Justin Verlander

Giants love being the underdog. Keeping doubting us ESPN!

Old
10-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Hopper15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Lincecum is such a weapon out of the pen.

Managers would kill for that in a WS.
I couldn't agree more.

On the other end the Tigers pen is hot trash. They don't scare me at all.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Mafoofoo
Hockey

I for one, look forward to all the Panda related photoshops that are going to come up by tomorrow morning.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Franchise13

1 down, 3 to go! Yay for not so hellish traffic (dry weather helps I suppose) also yay uber for seemingly hiring more drivers!

Couple of observations from the park, in TL : DR form since I actually have some catch up work to do...

-Delmon Young, as stated earlier, is probably the worst outfielder in the majors. The difference between him and Blanco is night and day. His throws on the singles from Scoots and Zito were the worst throws I've ever seen. The one on Z's hit landed about 30 ft in front of him and skipped towards home. Which brings me to point 2... (If you didn't see this, seriously google it or something, it's HILARIOUS)

-Zito's Single should've never left the infield if Cabby had any sort of range at all. Anytime there's a runner in scoring position and ball lands in left, they'll be waved home. No question.

-Mrs. made a great point about Verlander during the game. Verlander probably could've eaten more innings for Detroit had this been in an AL city, but no DH forced Leyland's hand, and thus the Giants got to chew up the bullpen a little.

-Detroit, sans Cabrera and Fielder, are every bit the dirt swingers as advertised. Coworker nailed this on the head.

-Valverde's mound antics is really ****ing annoying. It was annoying when he was a Dback, and it's still annoying now. Also noticed he checks the stadium gun after every pitch. Could potentially be a reason he's struggling.

-Loved how Prince Fielder flipped his bat like he hit a 500ft oppo HR, only to have it caught by Blanco... 100 ft short of the fence.

-Giants OF's get some of the worst jumps on flyballs ever, their closing speed makes up for it though. This is not just in this game but something I've noticed throughout the whole year, really evident live.

-Lincecum, filthy. Whatever is in his head that keeps him from starting, fix it please. Because that's the Timmy I know and love. Perfect 2 1/3rd, 5ks.

Some non game related flavor stuff around the park:

-Got dropped off at the park around 245-3, and while I was getting dropped off I literally watched someone raise the price of parking from 80 bucks to 90. Straight up sticker over old price.

-They showed Joe Montana on the Jumbotron in the suites, and guess who he was with... Dunno if their friends, or maybe he was just dropping by to say hello but MC Hammer was in there with him. I thought that was hilarious.

-Seeing Willy Mays and co. throw out the first pitch still gives me chills. Wish I had been around to see that guy play.

-Video/Music guy at AT&T definitely played more Eminem than I was used to. Not sure if I'm just reading too much into it or what... But it definitely seemed on purpose. To the point where I was half expecting a mocking "Cat Daddy" on the big board when Verlander was chased.

-I wanted to post this this morning but didn't get a chance, but a few colleagues were talking about how hilarious it was that Pepsi spent so much for World Series branding and At&t has a Giant coke bottle out in CF. Evidently Pepsi has instructed Fox to limit shots and mentions of the Coke bottle. Did any of you guys notice anything out of the ordinary? Maybe announcers calling it "soda bottle" instead? or differences in how stadium shots were done?

-There was a very audible "AJ sucks" chant near the Fox studio on the way to getting Cha Cha bowls. Yes, Mr. Pierzinski, you are still hated in SF. So are you Eric Karros the Dodger. Now that I think about it... Fox employs every Giant hater known to man.

I'm not as buzzed as I was after game 7, so I'm pretty sure I'm remembering mostly everything that stood out...

Oh and KM, my son wasn't upset there was no rainbow today He actually stayed awake the whole time! Covered his faux hawk with a Panda hat

Old
10-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Franchise13

Oh ... almost forgot:

If there's anyway the Giants can have Kirk Reuter start in this series too that'd be swell... Evidently mid 80's fastballs are the thing now! Kirk Reuter always had that horseshoe where the Giants would score 5-6 runs for him every time.

Maybe Estes is down to 80-85 now too, let's pull him from CSN desk!

Another note: Benito Santiago has aged... considerably. My god he looks twice as old as before and he looked pretty old to start.

To add to Timmy's awesomeness... He definitely gave Cabby a look back and "brush shoulder off" gesture after K'ng him. It was small, but it was definitely there. LOVE IT.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:45 AM
Franchise13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Bum hasn't pitched in a week and a half. Maybe his arm is rejuvenated a bit if it's a dead arm like Franchise speculated.
Not sure how much you are care or whatnot, but just in case...

Look up a YT of Game 4 Start WS last year (figured this would be easy to find) and compare it to his recent starts.

In that WS start and most of his starts this year, his shoulder roll on his delivery is completely "rolling" over and finishing, allowing him to stay on top of the ball and "finish" his pitches.

In his more recent starts he's flattening out a bit, almost "lunging/leaning" with his arm dragging out in his delivery and it's causing his back foot slider to RH's (and other pitches) to hang a bit.

This type of behavior (breakdown of mechanics) is usually caused by fatigue. Bum is a slinging type pitcher and really needs make it a point to stay on top of the ball. This is something 3/4 release type guys do by habit in the first place, they don't typically tend to sit lower in release point (start to submarine) when they get tired because it's a point of emphasis in teaching for the more traditional windups.

I'm probably explaining this really poorly, since it's rushed, but if you watch it closely enough you'll pick up on it. One decent thing about this lockout is the Giants picking up some fans who might just become hardcore for the sport!

Bum is a top 5 lefty in the game IMO, and other than Kershaw there's no one I'd rather have locked up long term. I'm looking forward to seeing that MadBum tomorrow!

Old
10-25-2012, 09:15 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
I'll take that win! Guess my key points on winning the game was on point!

"Score 1st and often and don't let them score or on base as much as you can! Also hit to left field!"

Franchise on the Coke bottle thing yeah shots are non existent on it and I don't recall idiot one or idiot 2 saying anything about the coke bottle! (McCraver and Buck).

Now boys get win number 2 tonight! And make me a happy camper!

A little nervous with Madbaum (and yes I said the same thing about Zito too!), so here is hoping I am wrong again!

GO GIANTS!

Old
10-25-2012, 09:59 AM
68 Z-28

After the game lastnight the wife and I went up to coit tower to get a few pictures of it lit up in orange. It was awesome because from up there you could hear people through the city yelling and cheering "Go Giants woooo" then a firetruck honking it's horn and a crowd went nuts. It was amazing to be up there where it was quiet and hear the exhilaration from the people in the city below. It is amazing how an event like this can bring a city together(for the most part).

Lots of buildings lit up in orange.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Franchise13

^ Absolutely man, it's amazing. City Hall looks great too. Don't worry we won't tell your parents you and your wife stopped by Twin Peaks "parked" also j/k!... I think...

Giants fans, is there a more beautiful throw in the world than this?

...well maybe the "throw" Delmon Young threw on the scoots hit... What did you think Mr. Verlander?

GOOOOOO GIANTS! Go get 'em MadBum! Hit it to Left!

EDIT:

Great read, great links within the article too...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-pandas-attack

Last edited by Franchise13: 10-25-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Franchise13

Nice shirt Mr Verlander!

If anyone has a moment can they make that avatar size for me? Already at work etc... Not that I'd know what size to make it anyway.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Kitten Mittons

Old
10-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Franchise13

Wooot! Thanks KM!

Old
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
Nice shirt Mr Verlander!

If anyone has a moment can they make that avatar size for me? Already at work etc... Not that I'd know what size to make it anyway.
when was this?

Old
10-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

Haha. He's such a good sport if that isn't a shop.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Kitten Mittons

Old
10-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

damn you reality. You're no fun. Really good shop though.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Trl3789

vCash: 219
Go Giants

Old
10-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

vCash: 50
haha gotcha!

Old
10-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Fister hanging breaking balls.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Mafoofoo
Hockey

A bit late but my favorite photoshop from last night

Old
10-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

vCash: 50
the D is saving Bum's butt

Old
10-25-2012, 08:25 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Ben Dayho

6 K's ain't on the D, though.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
10-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Kitten Mittons

The D was saving Zito's ass in both games too. I don't think Madbum will go 8 innings though.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:31 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Ben Dayho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
The D was saving Zito's ass in both games too. I don't think Madbum will go 8 innings though.
Zito should give Blanco his parking space for a month next season

Closed Thread