HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fall Colour Viewing

Old
10-08-2012, 09:45 AM
supermann_98

vCash: 500
Belfountain is where my family usually goes as my parents live in the area but a word of advice, it is like Younge street at rush hour this time of year. Strangely over 50% of which are oriental people. Also there is not a lot of places to park and there are police giving parking tickets away like candy at Halloween.

supermann_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM
nsleaf

Not in Ont but if your ever out to the maritimes this time of year check out Celtic Colours. Combination of breathtaking fall scenery and the finest Celtic music in the world if you are into that sort of music of course.

http://www.celtic-colours.com/

nsleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 09:39 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

Just last sunday, me and the family went for a drive a little north of Toronto. Around Keswick, about an hour north of Toronto. Then a bit north of that. Really nice ride. It was pretty quite also, not so much cars/traffic which was relaxing by itself.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:02 PM
tooproforyou

Thanks for all the suggestions, we had a drive up north to Belfountain Conservation Area and also to the Cheltenham Badlands this past weekend. It was a great trip and the colour were nice (albeit lacking a little red).

The Badlands were my favourite as I had never seen something like it before. However, there were LOTS of people and cars were parked dangerously on the road; I'm surprised there aren't more traffic accidents in that area. It's nice because it's just a quick stop (only really need ~30 minutes) with excellent opportunities for photos. There are no trails directly from it.

The Belfountain Conservation Area was a nice little place that I think is more suitable for a younger family. Great place for kids to play around and lots of picnic area for the adults to relax. The suspension bridge and waterfall makes for nice photo-ops, but felt the colours hadn't reached its peak yet. The trails range from a simple stroll to the semi-challenging Trimble Trail. My complain though is that there weren't any real lookout spots during the Trimble Trail so it was a little lacking. Note, if you go on a weekend, I suggest you arrive before 12 as there are only around 70 spots for parking. Apparently, we were the last spot and we got there at 11:50 (but of course cars will leave; you'd just have to wait awhile...)

All in all great trip and would recommend others to check it out

tooproforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:35 PM
paulster2626

Was at Kelso the other day and it's absolutely rockin'. They're running a lift to take you up top for $3.50, or you can just walk. Forest is amazing right now, and has that awesome fall smell to it. Lots going on - hot apple cider, stuff for kids, etc. Also your admission fee ($5) gets you access to all Halton parks for the day. That's Kelso, Hilton Falls, Mountsberg, Mt. Nemo, and Rattlesnake Point. Check out conservationhalton.ca for more info. There's a link somewhere to the fall events. Fall in to nature it's called or something.

Definitely the place to be.

paulster2626 is offline   Reply With Quote