Notices

2013 NHL Draft Prospects I

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2013, 11:29 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

vCash: 500
since the hits keep on coming, I did a post on Burnsville's Teemu Kivihalme today.

Old
05-27-2013, 03:57 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Defense, defense and more defense.

Old
05-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

We're doing a mock draft at HW and we got a few spots that still need to be filled, if anyone's interested.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:01 AM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

What spots and how does that work?

Im interested, i have free time now.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
What spots and how does that work?

Im interested, i have free time now.
We got Anaheim, Carolina, Dallas, Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, St.Louis, Vancouver and Washington still open.

Easy, mock draft, we mock until the 28th, so it could be just 1 round, we could finish with all 7 rounds.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstroundbust View Post
Does this kid have an older brother that played Lax and hockey for Holy Angels? I def. played him. He was incredible at Lax, good enough to play D1 east.

Old
05-30-2013, 09:56 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

With the second round over and San Jose eliminated, the 3rd rounder Minnesota received for our boy Shep is 81st overall.

Here's what the Wild have draft-pick wise:
Minnesota Wild 2013 Draft Picks
1- No Selection
2- 46th overall
3- 70th overall*
3- 81st overall**
4- 107th overall
5- 137th overall
6- 167th overall
7- 197th overall
7-200th overall***

Notes:
1) Minnesota's first round selection (16th overall) was traded April 3, 2013 to Buffalo along with a 2014 second, Matthew Hackett and Johan Larsson for Jason Pominville and a 4th round pick in 2014.

3) Minnesota's third round selection (76th overall) was traded June 27, 2011 to Philadelphia for Darroll Powe.

*Minnesota conditionally acquired this pick from New Jersey on February 25, 2012 along with Kurtis Foster, Stephane Veilleux and Washington's 2012 2nd round selection (46th overall) for Marek Zidlicky. The conditions, that New Jersey makes it to the Eastern Conference Finals and Zidlicky plays in 75% of the Devils' games, were met May 8, 2012.

**Minnesota acquired this pick from San Jose on August 6, 2011 for James Sheppard.

***Minnesota conditionally acquired this pick from New York Rangers on February 3, 2012 along with Erik Christensen for Casey Wellman. The condition, that Christensen not re-sign with the Wild, was met June 5, 2012 when he signed with HC Lev.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
05-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Nsjohnson

So do we trade some draft pieces or a player to acquire another 2nd rounder or do we say screw the 2nd, and possibly third, or a 2nd + player, to get a first rounder and have nothing in 2nd?

Old
05-30-2013, 12:57 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
With the second round over and San Jose eliminated, the 3rd rounder Minnesota received for our boy Shep is 81st overall.

Here's what the Wild have draft-pick wise:
Minnesota Wild 2013 Draft Picks
1- No Selection
2- 46th overall: Tommy Vannelli
3- 70th overall* Lucas Wallmark
3- 81st overall**
4- 107th overall
5- 137th overall Taylor Cammarata
6- 167th overall
7- 197th overall
7-200th overall*** someone related to Nanne

Notes:
1) Minnesota's first round selection (16th overall) was traded April 3, 2013 to Buffalo along with a 2014 second, Matthew Hackett and Johan Larsson for Jason Pominville and a 4th round pick in 2014.

3) Minnesota's third round selection (76th overall) was traded June 27, 2011 to Philadelphia for Darroll Powe.

*Minnesota conditionally acquired this pick from New Jersey on February 25, 2012 along with Kurtis Foster, Stephane Veilleux and Washington's 2012 2nd round selection (46th overall) for Marek Zidlicky. The conditions, that New Jersey makes it to the Eastern Conference Finals and Zidlicky plays in 75% of the Devils' games, were met May 8, 2012.

**Minnesota acquired this pick from San Jose on August 6, 2011 for James Sheppard.

***Minnesota conditionally acquired this pick from New York Rangers on February 3, 2012 along with Erik Christensen for Casey Wellman. The condition, that Christensen not re-sign with the Wild, was met June 5, 2012 when he signed with HC Lev.
This should be a good draft

Old
05-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
16th overall...

Should be interesting to see what players are available at that point.

Odds we pick Jablonski with the 200th pick?

Old
05-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
16th overall...

With our luck he's going to be available by some miracle : http://instagram.com/p/Z8dqMmKHzZ/#

Hey, if we can have not one, but TWO goalies get injured within 4 playoff games, he can be available at the pick we gave up.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:49 PM
forthewild

Quote:
16th overall...

I think we should pick him with that pick.

I can't wait till the draft tho love that time of year

Old
05-31-2013, 10:41 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
This should be a good draft
The "someone related to Nanne" is Vinni Lettieri.

Quote:
16th overall...

Don't believe he's draft-eligible.

Old
05-31-2013, 10:52 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
The "someone related to Nanne" is Vinni Lettieri.

Don't believe he's draft-eligible.
Is he any good?

Old
05-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Is he any good?
More skilled than his cousin

Old
06-01-2013, 09:51 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

just a heads up, Future Considerations released our Draft Guide today.

I got my copy, and it looks great; I'm really proud of the work we did for it. So go drop some duckets and get it; you can get a .pdf or print it out into a hard copy.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstroundbust View Post
just a heads up, Future Considerations released our Draft Guide today.

I got my copy, and it looks great; I'm really proud of the work we did for it. So go drop some duckets and get it; you can get a .pdf or print it out into a hard copy.

Old
06-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

I would try to target a pick which could land Samuel Morin. Seems really like a guy Wilds defense could use badly. Big guy, like to use his body.

Old
06-02-2013, 07:01 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Rather aim higher and try to get Zadorov..

Old
06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
I had a dream a few nights ago that we traded into the first round (I don't remember for sure in the dream what we gave up but I thought it was Clutterbuck?) and picked Shea Theodore.

I'll be completely honest, outside of the top 3, I haven't studied the draft nearly as much this year (and pretty much stopped reading after the Pominville trade), so without me knowing anything about other prospects, is Shea Theodore supposed to be any good? Ha ha. I only recalled his name due to playing GM mode on NHL 13 is my guess.

I will say, I have a feeling we're going to try and acquire a first rounder though. Probably by trading Clutterbuck or Setoguchi.

Old
06-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Stopping Pucks
I like goalies.

vCash: 14000
Quote:
Originally Posted by D U M B A View Post
I had a dream a few nights ago that we traded into the first round (I don't remember for sure in the dream what we gave up but I thought it was Clutterbuck?) and picked Shea Theodore.

I'll be completely honest, outside of the top 3, I haven't studied the draft nearly as much this year (and pretty much stopped reading after the Pominville trade), so without me knowing anything about other prospects, is Shea Theodore supposed to be any good? Ha ha. I only recalled his name due to playing GM mode on NHL 13 is my guess.

I will say, I have a feeling we're going to try and acquire a first rounder though. Probably by trading Clutterbuck or Setoguchi.
I agree. Fletcher has something up his sleeve. He always makes moves for the future and it all fits into his own little puzzles. I certainly hope we move into the first round and get a good d-man or winger.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:

Arguably the best offensive defenseman in the draft, better than Jones IMO. Problem is, he is very lanky so he has a tough time handling players along the boards. He isn't void of defensive play, he is just ineffective because of the lack of strength.

He isn't a dangle or evasive type of defenseman or even a QB on the PP IMO, but his passing accuracy is breathtaking. Every pass he makes, whether be the small chip passes or difficult "thread the needle" type, it hits bang on the tape of his teammate. He can make beautiful stretch passes and breakout plays. And I do mean EVERY pass he makes is spot on.

If you want a defenseman who can find those breakaway passes, Theodore is your man (boy?).

Slightly risky because of the work he needs to do off the ice but his upside is huge. 10-20 pick IMO

Old
06-03-2013, 01:27 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Arguably the best offensive defenseman in the draft, better than Jones IMO. Problem is, he is very lanky so he has a tough time handling players along the boards. He isn't void of defensive play, he is just ineffective because of the lack of strength.

He isn't a dangle or evasive type of defenseman or even a QB on the PP IMO, but his passing accuracy is breathtaking. Every pass he makes, whether be the small chip passes or difficult "thread the needle" type, it hits bang on the tape of his teammate. He can make beautiful stretch passes and breakout plays. And I do mean EVERY pass he makes is spot on.

If you want a defenseman who can find those breakaway passes, Theodore is your man (boy?).

Slightly risky because of the work he needs to do off the ice but his upside is huge. 10-20 pick IMO
Thanks for the info, I think I would take a chance on him but I don't see us getting 10th - 20th. Damn.

Old
06-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I think I would take a chance on him but I don't see us getting 10th - 20th. Damn.
If you want an offensive defenseman that we might have a better chance of getting, Tommy Vannelli sounds interesting to me.

Madison Bowey is also good. He needs a bit refining on his all-round game but his ability to breakout the puck is one of the best in the draft. Not going to be a QB on an NHL #1 PP or even a great offensive defenseman, but he is very smart in relieving the pressure off the defensive zone. A bit like Jonas Brodin in the way he moves the puck out of the zone, but without the consistent rock solid defensive reads.

Santini is also a good one, seeing how we need some toughness on our blueline. Santini isn't a headhunter by any means but he's strong and makes it tough to play against.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I just can't see why the Wild would want to move significant pieces for a long-term prospect. They cashed in a bunch of chips for Pominville and signed Parise and Suter who will probably be most effective for the next few years. They're basically in win-now mode and this isn't the NFL where a low first round draft pick can be a big contributor right away.

If anything, I see him getting more mid-round picks to draft more boom or bust guys. That would make a hell of a lot more sense than drafting a kid who, if he makes it at all, will probably do so when the Wild's big name players are in their early- to mid-30's.

Closed Thread