2013 NHL Draft Prospects I

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2013, 03:20 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

vCash: 500
Myles Bell, Defense/Forward

this guy was d but then converted to forward, so he can play both. still listed as defenseman though. probably be a second round pick (coincidentally ranked 46) amazing point total

2012-2013 KELOWNA WHL GM:69 G:38 A:55 PTS:93

Old
06-27-2013, 03:39 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post

this guy was d but then converted to forward, so he can play both. still listed as defenseman though. probably be a second round pick (coincidentally ranked 46) amazing point total

Looks like he could be either a solid puckmoving D or a good powerforward...

Looks very interesting! Excited to see how his statistics will be next year if he can continue to develop his offensive game after just 1 season as forward..

Old
06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Myles Bell has been passed up in each of the past 2 drafts even though he was ranked Top 50 in North America Skaters both times.

Not sure the exact reasons, but I'm guessing most of those reasons involve his auto crash which got his female passenger killed. Kind of the same story as Heatley although they suspected alcohol was involved in Bell's incident.

Prospects Thread on Bell

Old
06-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Late round flyer.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:

Want nothing to do with Bell. Don't care about his points or his position. Absolutely nothing to do with him.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:01 PM
bear1

vCash: 363
I would take a chance on him why not?

Old
06-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
I would take a chance on him why not?
Refer to the post above and the link to the thread dedicated to him.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
I wouldn't mind giving him a chance with a later round pick.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Meh, I don't care if he was involved in a crash or not. As long as he has a potential to develop into a good hockey player, and he sounds like Brent Burns lite, then I'm all for drafting him.

Nobody cares about his history when he's able to shine with the Wild.

06-27-2013, 11:44 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Want nothing to do with a kid that killed someone due to drunk driving.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
Heatley? Kid made a mistake. And hes had to live with the last couple years not being drafted. He'll have to continue to live with it the rest of his life. He deserves another chance.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
How does that affect him as a hockey player? Heatley made a pretty damn good career, despite doing the same. Teens make mistakes. It happens. If he's good at hockey, we should absolutely grab him on the late rounds if everyone else is stupid enough to feel some moral obligation to not draft him.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:36 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Want nothing to do with Bell. Don't care about his points or his position. Absolutely nothing to do with him.
So your telling me that if you did something wrong and had to live with it, you would'nt want anyone to accept you after that?

People change..

Old
06-28-2013, 01:24 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Heatley? Kid made a mistake. And hes had to live with the last couple years not being drafted. He'll have to continue to live with it the rest of his life. He deserves another chance.
Heatley wasn't drunk when he killed Snyder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
How does that affect him as a hockey player? Heatley made a pretty damn good career, despite doing the same. Teens make mistakes. It happens. If he's good at hockey, we should absolutely grab him on the late rounds if everyone else is stupid enough to feel some moral obligation to not draft him.
It affects him as a person. Drunk driving is usually a symptom of something bigger. But it shows his immaturity. Heatley wasn't drunk when he crashed in the wall. I hate the argument that teens make a mistake. Oh drunk driving isn't such a big deal. He's regretful. Drunk driving is a major problem in the United States (And in Canada). It's this type of behavior that enforces those mistakes. You get caught drinking and driving. No big deal. You're a sports star! Let's just sweep it under the rug. The guy is lucky he is such a sport's star. Not many people could afford that mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
So your telling me that if you did something wrong and had to live with it, you would'nt want anyone to accept you after that?

People change..
If I ended up killing someone in a drunk driving accident, yes. It's vehicular manslaughter and reckless. After how many years of drunk driving education and these kids still do it? Throw the book at them. That's the only way to finally get it to end. Believe it or not, I lost a schoolmate to alcohol and a grandfather to it as well and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of these excuses. Especially from athletes. Bell should have been suspended from the CHL indefinitely. Hell, even our own Thelen got kicked off his team for alcohol related issues.

Old
06-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:

If I ended up killing someone in a drunk driving accident, yes. It's vehicular manslaughter and reckless. After how many years of drunk driving education and these kids still do it? Throw the book at them. That's the only way to finally get it to end. Believe it or not, I lost a schoolmate to alcohol and a grandfather to it as well and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of these excuses. Especially from athletes. Bell should have been suspended from the CHL indefinitely. Hell, even our own Thelen got kicked off his team for alcohol related issues.
Oh boo hoo. I lost my father and a very good friend due to alcohol. You don't see me crying over it.

For the record, your personal issues with alcohol abuse should have nothing to do with acquiring a talented hockey player for peanuts. Just my opinion, but I'd assume that 9 out of 10 people would agree with me.

Last edited by Puhis: 06-28-2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Added a missing word.
Old
06-28-2013, 02:38 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Oh boo hoo. I lost my father and a very good friend due to alcohol. You don't see crying over it.

For the record, your personal issues with alcohol abuse should have nothing to do with acquiring a talented hockey player for peanuts. Just my opinion, but I'd assume that 9 out of 10 people would agree with me.
I agree. You gotta give people second chances. It's not an option to always throw people in jail and mark them as a second class citizen for the rest of their lives.

Stop being so damn judgemental.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:24 AM
forthewild

With Bell it all depends on his maturity after the incident. I don't know anything about him but i'm sure teams have interviewed him and gotten a feel for where he's at and what he feels. If i see red flags on him that show he hasn't matured, or doesn't feel remorse I'm doing nothing with thim.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:43 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
I agree. You gotta give people second chances. It's not an option to always throw people in jail and mark them as a second class citizen for the rest of their lives.

This.

My own country is rated as one of the best countries in the world when it comes to lifestandard, and this is a place where everybody gets a second chance to show people that they can change.. Majority of every guy that ends up in prison in Norway stays "clean" for the rest of their life after doing their time behind bars..

Even if some dont, im a person that believes in second chances.. Just because i know that if i did something wrong i would like to prove to people that i can change.

Old
06-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post

Most people deserve a second chance. Especially a teenager who has his entire life to live.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Nsjohnson

I think Fletcher makes a trade and we get one of Columbus or Calgary's later 1st rounders and pick a legit shooter. Rychel or Erne, possibly Lazar.

Not sure what get's us a later 1st pick- a player (we have limited names on this list) + what? Our second?

Old
06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

While Bell looks very appealing from a statistical point of view, there is obviously some reasoning other than statistics that 30 teams passed on him in the last 14 rounds of NHL Drafts. I don't know nearly enough about him to know if it's based solely on his accident or if it's some other reason, but we will find out soon enough if he makes it to 21 rounds.

If the kid knows what's best for his NHL future, he should be doing his best to show every team why passing on him is a mistake and why he has earned his second chance. I guess we'll find out on Sunday.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:38 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
I think Fletcher makes a trade and we get one of Columbus or Calgary's later 1st rounders and pick a legit shooter. Rychel or Erne, possibly Lazar.

Not sure what get's us a later 1st pick- a player (we have limited names on this list) + what? Our second?
I am hoping he moves up, but only if we dont give up too much. How high could we move up if we trade clutter-stoner?-3rd round pick

Old
06-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
I am hoping he moves up, but only if we dont give up too much. How high could we move up if we trade clutter-stoner?-3rd round pick
I think not much further down than 25th-30th. Clutter + 2nd could get you Montreal, Columbus, or Calgarys late 1st round picks. But there obviously has to be a player that we covet at the spot. Like say if Mantha fell or Erne is there. I wonder if Fletch would snag Zadorov if he was still there and we could draft him. A big defensemen? Yes pls.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Heres a brain buster. If MacT had his incident before being drafted, would he have been drafted? And would MacT give this kid a second chance, if given the opportunity.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

anyone know much about michael downing?
D-man 6' 3'', 190lbs ranked 49

or

michael brodzinski. 5'11 193lbs, committed to the U. 33 pts in the USHL

Last edited by keppel146: 06-28-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Closed Thread