HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

The Lockout Thread UPD 1/6 - framework of new CBA agreed to

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Gilligans Island

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Saw a tweet from a Stars insider saying they'll open at home. Still have fingers crossed that means something like Yotes at Stars and not Sharks. Although it would be cool to attend a road home opener, actually it's not because I don't want to sit through their pre-game BS and I really don't want hear the rude Stars fans yell during the National Anthem...twice...

Come on NHL scheduler, show some ingenuity and don't just keep Sharks at Stars Nov. 19 from the old schedule and give us Sharks at Kings Nov. 19. Raising the banner when we're there would definitely make me forget about the lockout.

On a related note, RDS is confirming Habs and Leafs for Nov. 19. This whole not releasing the schedule now is getting ridiculous. At the very least, announce and start hyping up the November 19 opening night schedule (now credible sources like TSN and co are saying it's 99% certain to open Nov 19). If RDS can announce Leafs at Habs, it's "official" enough.
November? Are you in a time warp, dude?

And why in the world would you want the Sharks to watch the Kings hoist the banner? To remind them / us, we're the last CA team to not yet win the Cup, if ever??

Old
01-08-2013, 11:11 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
November? Are you in a time warp, dude?

And why in the world would you want the Sharks to watch the Kings hoist the banner? To remind them / us, we're the last CA team to not yet win the Cup, if ever??
I'm razzled, yes.

They said they want JAN. 19 to be rivalry matchups and Sharks @ Kings makes more sense than Sharks @ Stars for a rivalry matchup.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:31 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

@BruceLeVine22 Hearing from reliable sources the Stars will start the season at home on Saturday the 19th against the Phoenix Coyotes.

So if it's all rivalries (And somehow not Sharks at Wings, which is a legitimate rivalry IMHO), Sharks at Kings or Ducks makes sense.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

CapGeek ‏@capgeek It appears the "cap advantage recapture" penalties will not apply to teams who traded long-term contracts prior to the new CBA.

EDIT:

CapGeek ‏@capgeek A look at #NHL CBA changes and new rules most relevant to http://CapGeek.com 's numbers: http://www.capgeek.com/faq/new-cba-details.php …

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.

Last edited by Led Zappa: 01-09-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 11:22 AM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
@BruceLeVine22 Hearing from reliable sources the Stars will start the season at home on Saturday the 19th against the Phoenix Coyotes.

So if it's all rivalries (And somehow not Sharks at Wings, which is a legitimate rivalry IMHO), Sharks at Kings or Ducks makes sense.
If is the Sharks play either the Kings or the Ducks, who would the odd man out play? I don't really follow the Kings or the Ducks, do they have any other rivalries besides the other two?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:30 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksFan1 View Post
If is the Sharks play either the Kings or the Ducks, who would the odd man out play? I don't really follow the Kings or the Ducks, do they have any other rivalries besides the other two?
They ultimate insult. Playing the Kings on opening day while they raise their banner in front us! NO NO dont want that to happen!

Old
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
They ultimate insult. Playing the Kings on opening day while they raise their banner in front us! NO NO dont want that to happen!
My thought is, if that happens, it will make my blood boil (and every Sharks fan). Instantly all about the lockout would be forgotten and I'd remember my growing hatred of the Kings.

I never considered the Kings a big rival, but those final two games last season were epic, espcially the one in LA with the Clowe-gate thing and all. And seeing run through the playoffs was disgusting.

Plus I think an SC banner should be raised in front of us. Maybe it will motivate some of our boys in Teal...

Edit: Rumor is Blackhawks @ Kings. http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2013/0...angeles-kings/

So much for "Rivalry matchups on January 19" when it comes to the Kings or Sharks. I'm guessing they want the SC banner raise on national TV (NBCSN), and don't want to just have Sharks @ Kings. The lockout isn't even officially over and the NHL is back to crapping on the Sharks. Maybe they will do Sharks @ Ducks, but that's not much of a rivalry. Not like Sharks @ Wings IMHO.

Last edited by ChompChomp: 01-09-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 03:05 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

HNIC Radio reporting owners have ratified CBA.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
My thought is, if that happens, it will make my blood boil (and every Sharks fan). Instantly all about the lockout would be forgotten and I'd remember my growing hatred of the Kings.
Really? I've actually been a bit of a Kings fan for years and will remain one. I like what Lombardi has done there. And they have some of my favorite non-Sharks players. They haven't quite passed the Bruins yet, but it's Sharks -> Bruins -> Kings for my 3 favorite teams.

Now the Canucks, that's a team I can hate.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:33 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Really? I've actually been a bit of a Kings fan for years and will remain one. I like what Lombardi has done there. And they have some of my favorite non-Sharks players. They haven't quite passed the Bruins yet, but it's Sharks -> Bruins -> Kings for my 3 favorite teams.

Now the Canucks, that's a team I can hate.
Hatred in terms of rivals to the Sharks. I never really saw them as rivals to the Sharks until recently.

I like what they've done too. Ditto for the Stars. Hate the Stars (in the same usage of the word "hate"), but I think they've put together a solid team this year and I've been saying since I moved to Dallas that for the Stars to do better, they need to change the culture, and that means moving Ott and Robeiro, and they did just that.

I told some Stars fans today that I thought their team this season was "criminally underrated," but I might have been exaggerating just a tad.

Additionally, unlike most people, I myself am not a fan of other teams. There are a lot of people who do that, have multiple teams, one in the east, one in the west, etc, but for me in the NHL my one and only love is the Sharks. I refuse to be or pretend to be a fan of any other NHL team. To some extent, I "hate" everyone else. And I agree, Canucks hatred is very strong.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:10 PM
hockeyball

Kings are my 2nd favorite team, I can't wait to see them raise that banner. They absolutely earned it, the right way, and we did not. Plain and simple.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:58 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I like the Kings too. Probably helps that Kopitar's my favorite non-Shark, but I quite like them. Still not a fan of the Philly twins, but I like the rest of the team fine. They really earned the Cup.

It helps that they took out the Canucks, Blues, and Yotes on the way there. Kind of endears them to me.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
They were gifted 3 rounds hardly earned.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

**** the Kings and all SoCal teams.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
About the schedule, who if any one did the sharks play on the 19th road or home.

If it is a west team you can all but guarantee that is who the sharks will start the season against.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
sonticus
Blown Tire

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
About the schedule, who if any one did the sharks play on the 19th road or home.

If it is a west team you can all but guarantee that is who the sharks will start the season against.
Do you mean the original schedule? They were scheduled to play the Stars in Dallas.

01-09-2013, 08:48 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Rumor on Merc news is Sharks open on 1/20 at Calgary. Yup, rumor is Sharks are the lone West team to open on Sunday, same day as NFC title game.

The NHL is back alright. You know this when the league scheduler is screwing over the Sharks in what is already a bad schedule situation for the Sharks.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:44 AM
do0glas

Quote:
Rumor on Merc news is Sharks open on 1/20 at Calgary. Yup, rumor is Sharks are the lone West team to open on Sunday, same day as NFC title game.

The NHL is back alright. You know this when the league scheduler is screwing over the Sharks in what is already a bad schedule situation for the Sharks.
Doesn't really screw them over.

Title game is at 3 ET...the Calgary game will likely be later right? Plus an extra day to prepare...we need a hot start.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:27 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
Doesn't really screw them over.

Title game is at 3 ET...the Calgary game will likely be later right? Plus an extra day to prepare...we need a hot start.
Considering how road heavy the Sharks schedule is, it would make sense that they would NOT be the lone team to not start on Jan. 19. But of course the NHL likes to screw over the Sharks.

The other issue is many of us hope the Niners will be in that game. No matter how long we've been waiting for Sharks hockey, if the Niners are in that title game, win or lose, it will be very hard to get excited for the Sharks "No Thanks to the NHL" Sunday season opener. Either the Niners elation subdues the Sharks experience, or the Niner frustration just kills the Sharks experience. Basically us Niner and Sharks fans, and casual bay area sports fans, will be emotionally drained after NFC title game if the Niners are in it. Not the way you wanna be when the Sharks play their first game that counts in 10 months. Not how you want the Sharks season to start in terms of getting back fans, especially the casual fans.

And if the Niners aren't even there, well the whole buzz of Jan. 19 gets killed for us because of course the NHL had to pick the Sharks to be the one west team not to play. The excitement for Saturday isn't there for us and whatever East team the NHL screws over. I'm guessing the NHL never factored in that by cutting out inter-conference play, you couldn't have the whole league in action on any one night, especially the much hyped opening night Jan. 19. #EpicFailNHL

It would be one thing if the NHL didn't have a history of "having it in" for the Sharks when it comes to scheduling and then they pulled this, but given the history, it's more infuriating.

P.S. Have to admit though, as ticked off as I am getting on this minor issue, it sure beats not having the NHL back!

Last edited by ChompChomp: 01-10-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old
01-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Phu

I just wanted to say ...

=

That is all.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:05 PM
NWShark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
They were gifted 3 rounds hardly earned.
Still gotta win the games. Winning the cup takes luck no matter how good a team is.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle Love this comment from a Leafs fan on @mlse blog: "It's going to be a ****ing long shortened season."

Old
01-12-2013, 03:32 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

TSNBobMcKenzie 1:21pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® Hearing once MOU is signed by NHL and NHLPA - we're still waiting and don't know exactly when - signings/trades legal 2 hours after that.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:04 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

RenLavoieRDS 2:00pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® 98% of players voted yes. New CBA will be in place when the MOU will be sign.

NHLPA announces ratification.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
TSNBobMcKenzie 1:21pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® Hearing once MOU is signed by NHL and NHLPA - we're still waiting and don't know exactly when - signings/trades legal 2 hours after that.
I was wondering why Shepard wasn't signed yet (or do RFAs not count?)

Closed Thread