HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Biggs's discussion thread.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Yeah because a player who has yet to produce in the NHL is worth more then a top 30 centre in the league. Leave Grabo alone.
Reilly hasn't produced yet either, but we know he will. We are talking about a dimensional 50 pt center as the benchmark, we are not replacing Sundin here.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Reilly hasn't produced yet either, but we know he will. We are talking about a dimensional 50 pt center as the benchmark, we are not replacing Sundin here.
And what do you expect Jenner to be in the NHL?

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:12 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Exactly what OF said. Grabovski is a proven commodity. I don't think Jenner is an elite offensive talent right now, so I doubt he comes over to the NHL and produces more then Grabovski. Not only that but we'd have to wait another 2 - 5 years for Jenner to be fully prepared for the NHL. Why would the Leafs do this?

10-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Interactif

Quote:
A top 6 Center with intangibles.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Exactly what OF said. Grabovski is a proven commodity. I don't think Jenner is an elite offensive talent right now, so I doubt he comes over to the NHL and produces more then Grabovski. Not only that but we'd have to wait another 2 - 5 years for Jenner to be fully prepared for the NHL. Why would the Leafs do this?
Really? You don't think Jenner is capable of being a 50- 55 pt Center? Nevermind the intangibles he would bring to a team. Low expectations?

Old
10-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Really? You don't think Jenner is capable of being a 50- 55 pt Center? Nevermind the intangibles he would bring to a team. Low expectations?
That is not low expectations, that is high expectations.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Interactif

Quote:
That is not low expectations, that is high expectations.
Correction Tim Connolly had 65 pts in 09-10, this is high expectations.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:41 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
For a guy who hasn't played in the NHL yet.. Not low expectations at all.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Interactif

Quote:
For a guy who hasn't played in the NHL yet.. Not low expectations at all.
Really, you think Jenner is a bust candidate?

Old
10-10-2012, 12:43 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Why even discuss this? Columbus is not going to move him for Grabovski and Toronto will not trade Grabovski for him anyway.

Points arent everything in junior..(Kypreos for example.. And many others). Not to mention its really early in the season.... Jenner is a solid prospect, very solid. But, trading our only top six C for anything but an upgrade doesn't make sense at this point.

GoLeafsGo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Correction Tim Connolly had 65 pts in 09-10, this is high expectations.
Trading an established second line player in the NHL under the age of 30 for a 19 year old with a hot start in his first 8 games to his JUNIOR season and expecting that trade to pay off well is extremely, borderline insanely high expectations. If Biggs were not playing for Oshawa he would not be on anybodies radar to acquire.

Last edited by Pilgore88: 10-10-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old
10-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
Why even discuss this? Columbus is not going to move him for Grabovski and Toronto will not trade Grabovski for him anyway.

Points arent everything in junior..(Kypreos for example.. And many others). Not to mention its really early in the season.... Jenner is a solid prospect, very solid. But, trading our only top six C for anything but an upgrade doesn't make sense at this point.
If Columbus wouldn't trade Jenner for Grabovski they really are in need of serious help. They hope and pray that Jenner can turn out to be as good a pro as Grabovski has proven to be.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:50 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
If Columbus wouldn't trade Jenner for Grabovski they really are in need of serious help. They hope and pray that Jenner can turn out to be as good a pro as Grabovski has proven to be.
Its a different scenario for them. They see a prospect they drafted off to a hot start. They value Jenner more now than ever.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Its a different scenario for them. They see a prospect they drafted off to a hot start. They value Jenner more now than ever.
Understandable, as they should. This hot start does not mean he is now worth an established second line centre in this league. For Comparisons sake it took David Rundblad, held in much higher regard than Jenner, and a second round pick to get Kyle Turris. Aside from the age difference, both are second line centres, and you can even argue Turris hasn't cemented himself as one yet. (I believe he has)

Old
10-10-2012, 12:57 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Never said that. But with him still in the OHL, I'm not going to have expectations of him being better then Grabovski..

Old
10-10-2012, 01:03 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Understandable, as they should. This hot start does not mean he is now worth an established second line centre in this league. For Comparisons sake it took David Rundblad, held in much higher regard than Jenner, and a second round pick to get Kyle Turris. Aside from the age difference, both are second line centres, and you can even argue Turris hasn't cemented himself as one yet. (I believe he has)
Agreed 100%. I think Columbus would rather not risk it. However, i agree that Grabovski is worth more than Jenner at this point when discussing the value of assets.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Agreed 100%. I think Columbus would rather not risk it. However, i agree that Grabovski is worth more than Jenner at this point when discussing the value of assets.
I'm not sure there's a team in the league that won't trade a #2 centre at the current time for a HOPEFUL future #2 / #3 centre. Doesn't make sense.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

What would Jenner be without Biggs

Another Leafs scouting miscue or is their No.1 pick just carrying Columbus 2nd rd pick?

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:02 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Another Leafs scouting miscue or is their No.1 pick just carrying Columbus 2nd rd pick?
Or maybe they just work well together? Not sure why it has to be one or the other?

Old
10-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
yes, the first round winger with 8 points is carrying the second round two-way center with 16 points, makes sense.

Creating more room, yes, carrying him, not even close.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Trading an established second line player in the AHL under the age of 30 for a 19 year old with a hot start in his first 8 games to his JUNIOR season and expecting that trade to pay off well is extremely, borderline insanely high expectations. If Biggs were not playing for Oshawa he would not be on anybodies radar to acquire.
I was high on Jenner last year prior to the draft, thought he was one of the possible players we could draft. If he were a Leafs prospect right now, this board would have him in Rielly's Stratosphere.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:19 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
I was high on Jenner last year prior to the draft, thought he was one of the possible players we could draft. If he were a Leafs prospect right now, this board would have him in Rielly's Stratosphere.
I think you're over-rating Jenner a bit much here. Sure he's been good in the NHL, but offense doesn't always translate into the big leagues. He's going to be a good player but you need to settle down..

Old
10-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Please tell me you aren't insinuating that if Jenner ends up as a 50-55pt player that he's a bust.

Man you must really like this kid. Personally, I really like the Leaf prospect playing beside him. a 6'3 224lb beast power forward is hard to come by. Biggs is the very definition of a man child.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
Please tell me you aren't insinuating that if Jenner ends up as a 50-55pt player that he's a bust.

Man you must really like this kid. Personally, I really like the Leaf prospect playing beside him. a 6'3 224lb beast power forward is hard to come by. Biggs is the very definition of a man child.
Nope, not at all. I believe Jenner is going to be a successful top 6 NHL Center and at worst a 3C on an upper tier NHL team, he is not close to a bust prospect IMO.

Old
10-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Interactif

Nice write up on Biggs.

Quote:
The Oshawa Generals came in to the new season with sky-high expectations and after jumping out of the gate with wins in six of their first seven games, they are already delivering on those expectations.

A big part of their success this season has come from the addition of two first year players that came to the Generals from very different roads.

Captain Boone Jenner has been joined on the Generals' top line by Tyler Biggs and Michael Dal Colle and the trio has been terrific so far, piling up 16 goals and 32 points so far this season.

"Boone and D.C. are highly skilled guys and Biggsy is the power who grinds it down low, so obviously they have great chemistry and I don't plan on breaking them up any time soon," new coach D.J. Smith told Oshawa This Week.

Biggs is a 19-year-old from Loveland, Ohio and came to the Generals this season after playing for Miami University (Ohio) last season. He was the first round pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs at last year's NHL Entry Draft and came to Oshawa with big expectations.

So far, he has five goals and eight points in his first seven OHL games.

"This will be a great league for Tyler and we think he is in a perfect situation to develop," Maple Leafs' director of player development Jim Hughes told the Toronto Sun. "He is going to get plenty of minutes and he is going to get a look in all situations. At this point in his career, that is what he needs."
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...ue-lead/128664