HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lake Erie @ Toronto|3PM|LTV & TSN1050|Go Marlies Go!

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2012, 11:50 AM
67Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
That is very nearly the most useless set of highlight videos I have ever seen, certainly for hockey. That is, they are useless if you actually want to see the key plays of the game. It may be that the person responsible for that joke would have got an A for artistic endeavour in a videography course, assuming the instructor wasn't a hockey fan. I suppose the intent is not to show actual highlights, especially not in any kind of flow of play context. The purpose was to get a "feel" for the experience of a game. But the intended audience already knows the feel of being at a game and many of us know the feel of actually playing. We want to see what happened in a brief span. That only occurred occasionally and by accident in this video. This was a Fail!

Lose the clever cuts and give us goals, assists, hits and saves!

PS. I have seen worse in basketball where they will even mess with the tempo of plays to fit the music. Actually, that is a key point: let the play, not the music, determine the shape of the highlights.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:59 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
theTTC
this post came from theTTC on birthday thread
I went to watch the Marlies vs Hamilton in Cobourg last night. During the opening ceremony, Cobourg's mayor stood at center ice with a microphone to address the crowd (Brian Burke and Cliff Fletcher were in the stands watching too), and remarked about the new facility they were playing in: "I'm told the dressing rooms are designed to hold 15 fat old-timer hockey players, and, if you believe the newspapers, Nazem Kadri too." The crowd was stunned, and Nazem, who was standing on the ice in the starting lineup, turned and stared at the mayor in disbelief. Wow.

Watching Kadri live, it's obvious he is done playing in the AHL. He's got it figured out, he can do anything he wants to the opposition, and is just killing time until his NHL call-up. The young man is a genuine talent. He and Gardiner really stood out among among both teams due to their quickness and ability to "see" all over the ice. Devane destroyed some poor Bulldog in a fight, the guy was wobbly skating off the ice; Devane's skating is very good, he will play for the Leafs one day.

Happy Birthday Nazem. You will be doing us proud at the ACC soon.

My response, this is getting annoying, even the mayor of some lame community is making fun of him, I am shocked right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
Eh man, keep it a little classy, I'm from Cobourg and it's great here, people leave but still always manage to find their way back here at some point.

I admit the mayor was out of line a little bit but the more I think about it, the less I care.. Realizing that it was just a joke. They probably didn't think I much into it.

I'll tell you what, we sold out with about 2000 people in attendance and If this "comment" exceeds any further ill be really disappointed if this does not happen again in the near future.

Other than that it was a great game, great and loud atmosphere. Ran into lots of buddies at the game. Just an overall great experience.

Perhaps people don't get sarcasm?

Realistically, does anyone in the hockey world or out of the hockey world believe Kadri is fat?

They don't play baseball.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
Old
10-07-2012, 12:05 PM
67Cup

Sarchasm ... The gap between those who understand irony and those who don't.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
3 Stars:

1st McKegg
2nd Brad Ross
3rd Mike Kostka
Nice to start off with the win.

I'm guessing the 3 stars are more a reflection of the game from the Marlies people watching?

Ryan and McKegg out to to protect the lead at the end of the game? Sounds like Eakins coaching/development strategy.

So for whoever watched, what else did McKegg do, beside empty netter, to earn 1st. star?

Old
10-07-2012, 12:08 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
theTTC
this post came from theTTC on birthday thread
I went to watch the Marlies vs Hamilton in Cobourg last night. During the opening ceremony, Cobourg's mayor stood at center ice with a microphone to address the crowd (Brian Burke and Cliff Fletcher were in the stands watching too), and remarked about the new facility they were playing in: "I'm told the dressing rooms are designed to hold 15 fat old-timer hockey players, and, if you believe the newspapers, Nazem Kadri too." The crowd was stunned, and Nazem, who was standing on the ice in the starting lineup, turned and stared at the mayor in disbelief. Wow.

Watching Kadri live, it's obvious he is done playing in the AHL. He's got it figured out, he can do anything he wants to the opposition, and is just killing time until his NHL call-up. The young man is a genuine talent. He and Gardiner really stood out among among both teams due to their quickness and ability to "see" all over the ice. Devane destroyed some poor Bulldog in a fight, the guy was wobbly skating off the ice; Devane's skating is very good, he will play for the Leafs one day.

Happy Birthday Nazem. You will be doing us proud at the ACC soon.

My response, this is getting annoying, even the mayor of some lame community is making fun of him, I am shocked right now

Wow, i knew Naz was going to be better than before but I didn't know he was goin to be that good in the first game. I thought it might take him a couple of games to get going a little but its nice to know that even though he didn't score, he played. a great game. I am really impressed. Thanks for the info on him and gardiner. I'm glad Burke was their too.

And I know the mayor was out of line, but he was probably just having some fun. I doubt he really meant anything bad about Nazem.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:09 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Cup View Post
Quote:
if you believe the newspapers, Nazem Kadri too."
Pretty obvious he's taking a shot at the media here.

Sometimes people give too much credit to the audience.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:12 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Nice to start off with the win.

I'm guessing the 3 stars are more a reflection of the game from the Marlies people watching?

Ryan and McKegg out to to protect the lead at the end of the game? Sounds like Eakins coaching/development strategy.

So for whoever watched, what else did McKegg do, beside empty netter, to earn 1st. star?
it was a typo, Greg Scott got first star not McKegg

Old
10-08-2012, 11:18 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Kyle Cicerella‏@KyleTheReporter

Ashton, Kadri, Colborne, Kostka, Aucoin, Gardiner, Abbott, Scott, Owuya will sit out tonight against Hamilton.

Eakins will dress Greg McKegg, Brad Ross, Andrew Crescenzi, Kenny Ryan and Tyler Brenner tonight. Solid prospect battle underway

this will be a good battle, guys who are sitting out are a given,
these guys are fighting for spots,

Old
10-08-2012, 11:22 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

Ashton, Kadri, Colborne, Kostka, Aucoin, Gardiner, Abbott, Scott, Owuya will sit out tonight against Hamilton.

Eakins will dress Greg McKegg, Brad Ross, Andrew Crescenzi, Kenny Ryan and Tyler Brenner tonight. Solid prospect battle underway

this will be a good battle, guys who are sitting out are a given,
these guys are fighting for spots,
So is Colborne 100%?

Old
10-08-2012, 11:49 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
So is Colborne 100%?

he has been for a month now I believe

Old
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Bullseye
'15 Hunter's draft

2 questions:

Who were the 2 Marlies goalies? What is Brad Ross' jersey number?

Thanks

Old
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Bullseye
'15 Hunter's draft

Quote:
That is very nearly the most useless set of highlight videos I have ever seen, certainly for hockey. That is, they are useless if you actually want to see the key plays of the game. It may be that the person responsible for that joke would have got an A for artistic endeavour in a videography course, assuming the instructor wasn't a hockey fan. I suppose the intent is not to show actual highlights, especially not in any kind of flow of play context. The purpose was to get a "feel" for the experience of a game. But the intended audience already knows the feel of being at a game and many of us know the feel of actually playing. We want to see what happened in a brief span. That only occurred occasionally and by accident in this video. This was a Fail!

PS. I have seen worse in basketball where they will even mess with the tempo of plays to fit the music. Actually, that is a key point: let the play, not the music, determine the shape of the highlights.
Glad you said this cause there was no usable info. in that video at all -- jersey numbers were unreadable etc. Hopefully that video was an experiment(gone wrong) and not a sample of season-long highlight vids. In addition, there was no supplementary Marlies game sheet or log summary to see who did what.

Old
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

What do you expect this is a MLSE production, you don't think their off ice or off court talent is any better than their on ice or on court product.

Old
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

Quote:
Toronto Marlies ‏@TorontoMarlies
--> RT @LKomarov: Gameday..!
Can't wait to see what this guy does today.

Old
10-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
Can't wait to see what this guy does today.
Wouldn't expect too much. It's a preseason game.

I feel bad for the guy, but I think the whole lockout thing was a blessing in disguise for Burke and Co.

They probably told him he'd have to play a little bit in the AHL this season, but I don't think he was too high on the idea of getting accustomed to the NA style of hockey in the AHL before jumping to the NHL.

Now, he's got no choice but to play in the AHL, and no one has to tell him that he got cut from the Maple Leafs because he wasn't ready. No ones feelings get hurt, and no one is dishonestly given a spot on the big club.

I'm excited for what he does at the NHL level once the lockout ends, though.

Old
10-08-2012, 05:39 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Welcome to the Wiserhood.... Lol

Old
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

I'd like to see Ryan replace Brenner on the team, and hope for Ross to earn a spot. McKegg may play himself on as well

Old
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Wouldn't expect too much. It's a preseason game.

I feel bad for the guy, but I think the whole lockout thing was a blessing in disguise for Burke and Co.

They probably told him he'd have to play a little bit in the AHL this season, but I don't think he was too high on the idea of getting accustomed to the NA style of hockey in the AHL before jumping to the NHL.

Now, he's got no choice but to play in the AHL, and no one has to tell him that he got cut from the Maple Leafs because he wasn't ready. No ones feelings get hurt, and no one is dishonestly given a spot on the big club.

I'm excited for what he does at the NHL level once the lockout ends, though.
I'm not expecting the world from the guy, it's just going to be cool to see what happens out there for him on the smaller surface.

Old
10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Liminality

Clayton Hansler ‏@chansler
#Marlies lines: Deschamps•Zigomanis•Hamilton | D'amigo•Acton•Komarov | McKegg•Ryan•Carrick | Ross•Crescenzi•Brenner

#Marlies D pairings: Fraser-Holzer | Ranger-Blacker | Yeo-Gysbers

Scrivens & Rynnas to split time in goal. 30 minutes til puck drop

Old
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I am very curious on what he does.

10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
htpwn

Is today's game on LeafsTV?

Old
10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Median

Is this on Sportsnet? If so, anyone have a stream?

Old
10-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Pre-season so it's all going to be on AHL live or radio folks.

Old
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
natephil

The game isn't on television but if anyone is interested you can listen to it on the radio here...
http://www.funny820.com/

Old
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Terrence

vCash: 1026
Radio stream: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Edit: Beaten to da punch.

Closed Thread