HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIII - The "No, you go first" edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
#NHL office confirms they have elected not to meet with #NHLPA unless they bring new proposal or agree to bargain off of #NHL proposal
This is starting to get absurd. I'm not sure why the PA wants to meet either, but it seems like the League isn't even willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Thank was me ^.^ Seriously, anyone who thinks that kinda hockey is good for the NHL is on crack.

And MAF has only been "elite" in the eyes of some Penguins fans. He's remarkably average...
It is entertaining though! If you would like some comedy with your hockey! If MAF is so elite why did the Penguins sign Vokoun for over $2 million a year to back him up? Vokoun while older, and near the end, would probably be a starter on most teams. MAF is a PERFECT example of a ''System goaltender''. If he didn't play for an offensive powerhouse possibly the best in the league he would not have as many wins.

I used to give him some credit, but that series was embarrassing. Looked like he had no business being in the net. It was pathetic. Not because he gave up 6+ goals a game, but the quality of the goals he was giving up should be stopped by a Federal League goaltender. This bum was a first overall pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
This is starting to get absurd. I'm not sure why the PA wants to meet either, but it seems like the League isn't even willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
This whole lockout has gotten absurd pretty much. Now with all these other little things it's just become a joke.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:47 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Never been a MAF fan. Dude's never been more then top 15 material in the league at his best.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Never been a MAF fan. Dude's never been more then top 15 material in the league at his best.
There were times I thought he was good, but if he played for the Blue Jackets or Oilers he'd probably have a below 900 save percentage, and close to a 3 GAA. He's very average if not below. Hopefully Canada starts him in the Olympics in 2014. I'm sure he won't even dress as backup though. That series this year was the worst goaltending I've seen since a good stat for goaltenders was an 860 save percentage, and 3.80 GAA 20+ years ago(An era where MAF would have given up 12 goals+ in those playoff games)

The dude looks like a total ***** too. The gif of him punching a wall heading to the back after we chased him on St Patty's Day 2010 is funnier than the Towelqvist one. He's also very ugly like many of the Pens(Malkin, Crosby, Kennedy, Paul Martin, etc)

Old
10-24-2012, 12:08 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
There were times I thought he was good, but if he played for the Blue Jackets or Oilers he'd probably have a below 900 save percentage, and close to a 3 GAA. He's very average if not below. Hopefully Canada starts him in the Olympics in 2014. I'm sure he won't even dress as backup though. That series this year was the worst goaltending I've seen since a good stat for goaltenders was an 860 save percentage, and 3.80 GAA 20+ years ago(An era where MAF would have given up 12 goals+ in those playoff games)

The dude looks like a total ***** too. The gif of him punching a wall heading to the back after we chased him on St Patty's Day 2010 is funnier than the Towelqvist one. He's also very ugly like many of the Pens(Malkin, Crosby, Kennedy, Paul Martin, etc)
Not a chance does he start for Canada lol. He's way to average for that...

Old
10-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Not a chance does he start for Canada lol. He's way to average for that...
I wonder who does? Certainly don't see Longoman getting it again. Though maybe he will get it initially like Marty did in 2010 after having good years in 02, and 06. If he chokes it up, then someone else goes in. Most likely Ward, or Mike Smith I think. That's if Smith proves to not be a flash in the pan between whenever the NHL resumes play, and the Olympics.

At least we get Jonathan Quick. I think that's a safe guarantee. Please no more Ryan Miller even dressing please. Quick, and Schneider sound like the best duo.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:30 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Old
10-24-2012, 05:12 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

I wonder how long the meeting is going to last.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
I wonder how long the meeting is going to last.
I don't think it's happening.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Lockout got 10 seconds of coverage on espn last night. impressive imo.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
I wonder who does? Certainly don't see Longoman getting it again. Though maybe he will get it initially like Marty did in 2010 after having good years in 02, and 06. If he chokes it up, then someone else goes in. Most likely Ward, or Mike Smith I think. That's if Smith proves to not be a flash in the pan between whenever the NHL resumes play, and the Olympics.

At least we get Jonathan Quick. I think that's a safe guarantee. Please no more Ryan Miller even dressing please. Quick, and Schneider sound like the best duo.
It could very well be Luongo again, it might be Price, it could even be Cam Ward. Fleury might make the team again as a third goalie though.

For the US, I expect Miller to make the team, even if it is as Quick's backup. Thomas is too old obviously.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:06 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
LOL at the mainboard thread. Good job at whoever it was to say what was so exciting about the Pittsburgh/Philly series? A goal scored on ever other shot!?

We should do a main board poll on worst goaltending playoff series in the last 10 years. Stay Puft Luongomallow man in the 2011 SCF, or POS MAF's in 2012 quarterfinals? Man every time I see clips from that game I can't believe how incredibly pathetic Marc Andre Fleury is. Elite goaltender my ass.
I loved that series. Obviously I'm based, but my reasoning:

1. The Penguins got SO dispised that rivals were cheering for the Flyers (what a twist!)

2. Got to show how much that team can be real *****es at times (see Crosby slapping Voracek's glove when he went to go pick it up).

3. Giroux's ownage in the first 30 second of the last game of that series (check Crosby, scores goal).

4. Oh yeah and the Flyers won it.

And you won't hear me bragging about Bryz after that series, the goal total got ridiculous. I wish shooter tutor's were legal in the NHL. But from the extra-curricular activities, it was a really exciting and heated series. I had all of my friends who are fans of other teams (Devils & Rangers included) constantly texting me about it. And imagine how that series would have been if Pronger was healthy enough to play.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:11 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
He's overrated but I think only because of inconsistency, not because of his skillset. That's my same argument with Bryzgalov. Bryzgalov can be really good when he's on, but when he's off, duck and cover cause it's gonna get ugly.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
He's overrated but I think only because of inconsistency, not because of his skillset. That's my same argument with Bryzgalov. Bryzgalov can be really good when he's on, but when he's off, duck and cover cause it's gonna get ugly.
Yes, we've seen him off, although from our perspective it was not so much ugly, as it was funny.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Why you heff to be mad?

That will forever be among my favorite utterances ever.

10-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Isles moving to Brooklyn?

Major Announcement

WHAT: Press Conference

WHO: New York Islanders Owner Charles B. Wang, Barclays Center Majority Owner and Developer Bruce Ratner, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, Islanders General Manager Garth Snow, and Barclays Center and Brooklyn Nets CEO Brett Yormark

WHERE: Barclays Center
620 Atlantic Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11217

Media to enter main entrance.

WHEN: TODAY, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 1 p.m.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:35 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post

Old
10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Isles moving to Brooklyn?

Major Announcement

WHAT: Press Conference

WHO: New York Islanders Owner Charles B. Wang, Barclays Center Majority Owner and Developer Bruce Ratner, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, Islanders General Manager Garth Snow, and Barclays Center and Brooklyn Nets CEO Brett Yormark

WHERE: Barclays Center
620 Atlantic Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11217

Media to enter main entrance.

WHEN: TODAY, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 1 p.m.
The answer is yes, in 2015.

Le sigh. I`ve always liked the Isles and I still hope they somehow keep their name/logo/jerseys, but obviously, that`s probably not gonna happen.

Well, that Lighthouse project was never going to go anywhere so this was expected, but still.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

On a selfish note I wanted the Isles to move so we could suck up some of their fan base.. They still have a decent amount in NJ and I'd hoped the ones on LI would at least choose us over the Rangers

Alright, so how do we train from Newark to Brookyn?

Old
10-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

John Davidson to CBJ.

First good thing since drafting Nash?

Old
10-24-2012, 10:07 AM
zharkenby

Can someone start a kovalchuk v gaborik poll on the main board? Idk how to do it from my phone lol

Old
10-24-2012, 10:07 AM
VaxjoDevil

Isles to Brooklyn? Damn. Smart move though.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:12 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Lockout got 10 seconds of coverage on espn last night. impressive imo.
espn has literally spent more time discussing the possibility of lebron opting out of a contract two years from now than whats going on with the lockout.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
The answer is yes, in 2015.

Le sigh. I`ve always liked the Isles and I still hope they somehow keep their name/logo/jerseys, but obviously, that`s probably not gonna happen.

Well, that Lighthouse project was never going to go anywhere so this was expected, but still.
They could keep their name, jersey and logo if they want, Brooklyn is part of Long Island, at least geographically.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
On a selfish note I wanted the Isles to move so we could suck up some of their fan base.. They still have a decent amount in NJ and I'd hoped the ones on LI would at least choose us over the Rangers

Alright, so how do we train from Newark to Brookyn?
I don't like the move because I know it hurts their long time loyal fans in Long Island.

They don't have many fans left in NJ (I never see anyone in NYI gear nor anything on cars with NJ plates), if anything they are older, but they have a good base in Long Island and Queens for the most part-and maybe now they will get a foothold into Brooklyn.

Sad day for fans in Long Island, losing their team to NYC.

Closed Thread