HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

The growth and evolution of Reid McNeill

Old
10-15-2012, 11:45 AM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
The growth and evolution of Reid McNeill

Defenseman Reid McNeill (PIT) was not on many scouting radars as a 15 or 16-year-old. He was not selected in the OHL priority draft and played as a 16-year-old for Lucas High School, located in London, Ontario, then later JrD level hockey for the Lambeth Lancers of the OHA. Then something happened.

"I grew eight inches in a year," McNeill said, followed by a laugh.

Between the ages of 16 and 17, McNeill grew from roughly 5'6 to 6'2, and while he was playing at a low level of hockey, that did not stop the London Knights, one of the most storied franchises in OHL history, from bringing him into the fold.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Ian Altenbaugh
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
I feel obligated to comment that this was one of the best interviews of a Penguins prospect I've ever experienced. Beyond the stuff discussed in the article, it was a very entertaining and interview. McNeill is a smart, accommodating guy with a very healthy perspective on what he needs to do to succeed in hockey. From a personality standpoint he reminded me a bit of Ben Lovejoy in that he can articulate the game well and you really want to see him succeed.