HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

12-13 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League Part 5: Trade Deadline March 28th

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
No it was just a thought, that way it would give you 3-5 games to figure out if they are going to be worth calling up.
Oh, I misunderstood what you initially said then.

How about each GM is permitted one rookie eligible player drafted in the any of the first three rounds of the draft to be stashed?
If the player begins the season in the minors/juniors, the prospect needs a minimum 3 games in the big league before eligible to be called up in the fantasy league.
If the player starts off in the big leagues and is sent down for any reason during the course of the season, the player may be stashed in the free agent pool and called up when the player is called up.
Each rookie eligible player may only be stashed in the FA once during the course of the season. Once a player is called up in the fantasy pool, the player may no longer be stashed a second time.

The rule only applies to rookie eligible players drafted in the first three rounds.

Debate: Should rookies that are keepers be eligible for stashing?

Old
04-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

I like it.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Canucksrock

Going to be cherry pick my goalie starts again, so benching both today

Old
04-16-2013, 07:52 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
If the player begins the season in the minors/juniors, the prospect needs a minimum 3 games in the big league before eligible to be called up in the fantasy league.
I still don't get why it's a minimum. If it's to give owners a chance to evaluate, shouldn't it be a maximum? How about you can only keep him in your stash for a maximum of 10 games. That way, you have time to evaluate, but if he's playing and sticking in the big leagues then you have to make a decision. The minimum doesn't make any sense to me...it's like a forced evaluation period. If I think he looks great after 2 games, why shouldn't I be able to use him in his 3rd?

Old
04-16-2013, 07:56 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
sorry for playing by the rules and joking around.

its funny cause i only have 3 NA players on my team and many people in years past had the same or more, and im probably not keeping any of them anyway - just wanting the option. I was noisy about it and now everyone is all knickertwisted. People have been doing this forever.

I do look forward to seeing how complicated this rule can be made tho.
I don't think anyone's saying your pickups/adds are against the rules. In fact, I'm pretty sure people have raised concerns about NA players in the past. I did it a couple years ago when I was eliminated from the playoffs (to a worse extent than you have) and people took issue with it. Just for whatever reason we're actually working on a rule change now. Sorry if you feel singled out.

As for the disruptive part, I don't think that has anything to do with your lineup, and everything to do with the attitude. You accepted the CBA, you refuse to offer constructive criticism on it, and yet you belittle those of us who do try to make it work. If you see a problem then be a part of the solution for a change.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:59 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockH View Post
I don't think anyone's saying your pickups/adds are against the rules. In fact, I'm pretty sure people have raised concerns about NA players in the past. I did it a couple years ago when I was eliminated from the playoffs (to a worse extent than you have) and people took issue with it. Just for whatever reason we're actually working on a rule change now. Sorry if you feel singled out.

As for the disruptive part, I don't think that has anything to do with your lineup, and everything to do with the attitude. You accepted the CBA, you refuse to offer constructive criticism on it, and yet you belittle those of us who do try to make it work. If you see a problem then be a part of the solution for a change.

Bingo.

EV, you come across terribly with the way you talk. How about actually engaging instead of bristling every time someone brings something up?

Old
04-17-2013, 11:24 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:

Debate: Should rookies that are keepers be eligible for stashing?
If someone is using a keeper slot then they shouldn't have the option to drop him and keep his rights.

Example being me having Galchenyuk and him being sent to the minors/AHL next year. That should burn one of my spots.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:40 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Thanks Brock and LS for your opinions. I agree with both of your comments.

Giving a maximum stash period of 10 NHL games seems fair and more applicable than the minimum I had suggested. 10 NHL games is a fair mark for those 1st year rookies before their team decides to send them back to juniors or not.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Bingo.

EV, you come across terribly with the way you talk. How about actually engaging instead of bristling every time someone brings something up?
Unpossible.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Eddie Vedder

Why dont we just add a prospect draft and let them all marinate on waivers until they play.

Its not that complicated, but it might work.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:18 AM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Why dont we just add a prospect draft and let them all marinate on waivers until they play.

Its not that complicated, but it might work.
Need more details please...how would it work with the normal draft we have?

Old
04-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Need more details please...how would it work with the normal draft we have?
in thread after the regular draft.

everyone drafted in the normal draft would be subject to normal rules. prospects drafted (say 2 rounds and 2 prospects per year) would be just tracked on the OP. Can be called up but not sent back down, and then subject to normal keeper rules.

rookie eligible players can be sent down if drafted in the first 3 rounds of the regular draft can be sent down to bump one prospect during the year (see: mark schiefle gets cut from the peg, drop a lesser prospect and "send him down").

No trading prospect picks.

Old
04-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

How do we separate the prospects from regular players? Prospects are guys who have never played an NHL game? That might devalue the first 3 picks. No Yakupov last year, Hall, Tavares, RNH all in recent years.

Why can't we trade prospect picks? With that logic a high first in the prospect draft could arguably have more value then a normal pick

Old
04-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
How do we separate the prospects from regular players? Prospects are guys who have never played an NHL game? That might devalue the first 3 picks. No Yakupov last year, Hall, Tavares, RNH all in recent years.

Why can't we trade prospect picks? With that logic a high first in the prospect draft could arguably have more value then a normal pick
nobody said you cant draft yakupov in the regular draft.

its not a great idea, but its good to clean up the desire to pick up NA players at the end of the year.

Last edited by Eddie Vedder: 04-18-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old
04-18-2013, 07:16 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Thanks for the suggesting EV, but I think it will just get more complicated.

We'll be voting on eliminating picking up NA players so that may already solve that problem.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Thanks for the suggesting EV, but I think it will just get more complicated.

We'll be voting on eliminating picking up NA players so that may already solve that problem.
Thats really gonna make rebuilding your team more difficult, imo.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:37 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Not necessarily, we have 2 rookie spots in addition to the 7 keeper spots we have. Throughout the year, some rookies emerge as successful in the NHL that are undrafted that can be picked up.

Picking the right rookies to keep is very important in our league. Teams getting to pick Yakupov, Landeskog, RNH etc gets to keep them for a full 3 seasons before they are counted as normal keepers. (NHL first year rookies have 2 years of rookie status...except for extreme circumstances if they are traded and play more than 164 games in two years)

Drafting well is also very important in our league, with the exceptional GMs we have, drafts cannot be taken lightly. Rebuilding and obtaining a good set of picks are important for a one year quick rebuild.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Haha...I'm not sure if it was meant to, but I took that as a shot at CRD's team and loved it.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:43 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

if we're in the consolation playoffs, does it matter if we dress our lines?

Old
04-21-2013, 12:31 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
if we're in the consolation playoffs, does it matter if we dress our lines?
no, doesnt mean anything, wont affect drafting positions

Old
04-21-2013, 01:25 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Well if that doesn't epitomize this season I don't know what does. I pick up Mcquaid last night as my 3rd add/drop of the week, hoping for a hail mary on PIMs. Today there's an update that he is DTD and not playing in today's game.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:32 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Well if that doesn't epitomize this season I don't know what does. I pick up Mcquaid last night as my 3rd add/drop of the week, hoping for a hail mary on PIMs. Today there's an update that he is DTD and not playing in today's game.
He was low bridged by Cooke in the game yesterday morning

Old
04-21-2013, 02:00 PM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

Quote:
no, doesnt mean anything, wont affect drafting positions
I'v set my lines for 60-70% of the consolation playoffs but man oh man am I kicking ass despite half my roster being rookies now haha

and CRD thanks for the Elliott tip lol he's been unreal..I may have to keep 4 goalies now

Old
04-21-2013, 03:16 PM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

Quote:
Well Hamilton wouldn't have played if McQuaid was in and Hamilton scored a goal and had 5 SOGs so you can't be too upset..

Old
04-21-2013, 05:07 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannikAtTheDisco View Post
Well Hamilton wouldn't have played if McQuaid was in and Hamilton scored a goal and had 5 SOGs so you can't be too upset..
I could have picked up someone else likely to fight had I known, so sure I can. I'm not hoping for average outcomes (i.e. one of the two playing), I'm hoping for a miracle at this point. Hamilton scoring could have been part of that miracle if I'd grabbed someone who actually played + fought too.

Closed Thread