HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco Bulls news thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 02:20 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
I'd like to see him back there as well if it meant Acolatse playing .
KM -> Irwin as BD -> Acolatse?

Old
03-03-2013, 05:51 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundsHansen32 View Post
I'd like to see Matt Irwin back in Worcester asap.
Me too!

Although I suspect it's for different reasons.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
KM -> Irwin as BD -> Acolatse?
From what I've noticed the only reason Irwin is up is because Acolatse is injured.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
From what I've noticed the only reason Irwin is up is because Acolatse is injured.
It's a safe bet that's not true.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:47 AM

3/2/13 WorSharks 2, @Portland 1 (SO)

From telegram.com:
Worcester Sharks notch rare win in Portland
Important stretch coming for Worcester Sharks
AHL: Worcester Sharks owe a debt to Mathieu Darche (Bill Ballou's AHL column)

From pressherald.com:
Worcester goalie frustrates Pirates

From Sharkspage.com:
Sateri leads WorSharks to 2-1 shootout win over Pirates

From mainehockeyjournal.com:
Pirates earn a point, but canít close out Sharks

From sharksahl.com:
Sateri super with 37 saves and shuts door in shootout win

From portlandpirates.com:
Johnsonís Solid Start Spoiled in Shootout against Sharks

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

Old
03-03-2013, 10:38 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

WorcesterSharks Coach Roy Sommer will coach his 1171st today at @TheFalconsAHL. Tying him with Fred Cook for 2nd all-time in AHL history

Old
03-03-2013, 01:36 PM
dmband

Stalock hurt in warm ups. Think some sort of muscle pull on right leg. . Has now left ice. Looks like sateri will stArt

Old
03-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins

For the record, I'm not "crucifying" anyone...Ummm its just my opinion. I think Matt Irwin needs more time in Worcester, plain and simple.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:54 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
For the record, I'm not "crucifying" anyone...Ummm its just my opinion. I think Matt Irwin needs more time in Worcester, plain and simple.
He's 25 years old. I don't think more time in Worcester is going to do him any good.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
And Acolatse doesn't?

Old
03-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins

Ok, forget I said it. Irwin deserves a break.....pshhh. It's the NHL. If you look out of place, ya just do.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM

The WorSharks have gone 193:47 without an even strength goal.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:10 PM
dwood16

Is it normal for Tarasov to get 9 shots a game

Old
03-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Nope, he averages 3...

Old
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Nope, he averages 3...
It was a rhetorical question

But seriously, 3 a game! Can this kid play? H did great in the USHL which is one thing but to be at even .50 points a game in Worcester seems like a feat right now. How long before Sommer and the Sharks org ruins any potential he might have?

Old
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
sr228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
It was a rhetorical question

But seriously, 3 a game! Can this kid play? H did great in the USHL which is one thing but to be at even .50 points a game in Worcester seems like a feat right now. How long before Sommer and the Sharks org ruins any potential he might have?
What is it with the rhetoric lately about the Sharks org ruining prospects?

Tarasov is a 21yr old undrafted player on an AHL/ECHL contract - if you've watched him play, what exactly do you think his potential is? When he doesn't turn into a top 6 NHLer is that Sommers/the Sharks fault?

Worcester hasn't been given a whole lot of talented forwards to work with in the past couple of years. I'm not a fan of Sommer but to say he's "ruining" prospects is laughable.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Lebanezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post

Tarasov is a 21yr old undrafted player on an AHL/ECHL contract - if you've watched him play, what exactly do you think his potential is? When he doesn't turn into a top 6 NHLer is that Sommers/the Sharks fault?

Worcester hasn't been given a whole lot of talented forwards to work with in the past couple of years. I'm not a fan of Sommer but to say he's "ruining" prospects is laughable.
Yes, it is.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Yes, it is.
How so? Not every forward prospect is a top 6 forward. Corey Locke put up monster numbers in junior and the AHL and he was never an NHL player..let alone a top 6 forward.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Lebanezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
How so? Not every forward prospect is a top 6 forward. Corey Locke put up monster numbers in junior and the AHL and he was never an NHL player..let alone a top 6 forward.
Sorry, I was making a joke. Perhaps this face was more appropriate

Old
03-04-2013, 12:01 AM
dwood16

Quote:

I'm not saying Sommer is the reason, but the org hasn't done the best job of developing young players imo. A lot of it is on the NHL coach and overall management of the entire organization if you ask me. If a players makes it to the NHL he should be given a chance to succeed there and not sit on the bench or play on a line with scrubs for 5 minutes a night. Also, the Worcester team should be in the playoffs fighting for a Calder cup EVERY year. Winning breeds winning imo and a winning culture would be a good thing here. A nice mix of veterans with character would be nice to have down there too. Maybe that would be better than some of the young pests they seem to like.

I don't know anything about Tarasov, hence me asking. So I can't answer your questions on him.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:23 AM
sr228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
I'm not saying Sommer is the reason, but the org hasn't done the best job of developing young players imo. A lot of it is on the NHL coach and overall management of the entire organization if you ask me. If a players makes it to the NHL he should be given a chance to succeed there and not sit on the bench or play on a line with scrubs for 5 minutes a night. Also, the Worcester team should be in the playoffs fighting for a Calder cup EVERY year. Winning breeds winning imo and a winning culture would be a good thing here. A nice mix of veterans with character would be nice to have down there too. Maybe that would be better than some of the young pests they seem to like.

I don't know anything about Tarasov, hence me asking. So I can't answer your questions on him.
Worcester should be better then they have been and in the playoff mix, that I agree with and that is on Sommer and I guess in turn on DW and Thomas for not making a coaching change. However, do some research on the team - they have Vets with "character", that's certainly not a missing ingredient there.

Regarding the orgs drafting and developing, I've posted many, many times why I think what you're saying is wrong so I'm not going to bother again but I will say this, there is NO team in the NHL that is able to develop prospects that don't already have some at least some decent talent into top 6 / top 4 players.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
one2gamble

Quote:
Worcester should be better then they have been and in the playoff mix, that I agree with and that is on Sommer and I guess in turn on DW and Thomas for not making a coaching change. However, do some research on the team - they have Vets with "character", that's certainly not a missing ingredient there.

Regarding the orgs drafting and developing, I've posted many, many times why I think what you're saying is wrong so I'm not going to bother again but I will say this, there is NO team in the NHL that is able to develop prospects that don't already have some at least some decent talent into top 6 / top 4 players.
you could argue that they should be better at developing the offensive side of the game than they are.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:57 AM

My question is why do they keep acquiring (draft/trades/FA) guys that can't score. Their misses FAR outweigh their hits, to the point where I think they're seeing things that aren't there in acquiring these players.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:19 PM
sr228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
My question is why do they keep acquiring (draft/trades/FA) guys that can't score. Their misses FAR outweigh their hits, to the point where I think they're seeing things that aren't there in acquiring these players.
Hamilon, Viedensky, Kearns, Matsomoto, Gourde, Oleksuk all put up numbers prior to joining the WorSharks - this is where my problem with Sommer's coaching lies.

Every single one of those players has offensive skill that not only the Sharks but several pro scouts saw. For some reason the offense isn't translating to the pros as quickly as everyone thought/hoped and I put a majority of that on Sommer.

I still see a lot of upside in three of those players but the offense is being supressed in Worcester for reasons I can't figure out. In other words, I truly believe a coaching change there would do wonders for the team. Just my two cents.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:24 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Ok, forget I said it. Irwin deserves a break.....pshhh. It's the NHL. If you look out of place, ya just do.
Irwin looked pretty awful with Braun on the pp... but that could have been more Braun's fault than Irwin.

Closed Thread