HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eagle flying the coop?

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

vCash: 500
Eagle flying the coop?

Eddie is in "serious negotiation" with club teams in Sweden and Russia. Good for him to get back on the ice.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...31/915604.html

Old
01-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

That is good News ..

That gives us an indication that Eddie must be feeling pretty good after undergoing surgery and If we have some form of a season .. that we should expect him to be in the line-up..

I knew the photo looked weird is like what Eddie would see if he looked in a mirror ..

Eddie is the guy dressed as a forward .. His Son Dayn is the goalie wearing DAD's Goalie mask to boot ...

Hey who knows Dayn is getting close isn't he like 16 now .. Perhaps leafs will draft him in a year or two and he can give Pogge a run for his money as a leaf goalie in the future .. he already has the mask after all...

Old
01-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Rand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Hey who knows Dayn is getting close isn't he like 16 now .. Perhaps leafs will draft him in a year or two and he can give Pogge a run for his money as a leaf goalie in the future .. he already has the mask after all...

Please, no.... the last few years have been painful enough having to cheer for Eddie, don't make me cheer for another Belfour (at least if he's anything like his father).

Old
01-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Please, no.... the last few years have been painful enough having to cheer for Eddie, don't make me cheer for another Belfour (at least if he's anything like his father).
Splitting Image .. You could never tell them apart in fact ..

How could cheering for Eddie be painful ???? ..

He might be Leafs MVP over the past few years ..

Last edited by Mess: 02-01-2005 at 01:21 AM.
Old
01-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:

what she is saying is she thinks jodeph is better lookingthen eddie right randi :lol

Old
02-01-2005, 08:52 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander
what she is saying is she thinks jodeph is better lookingthen eddie right randi :lol
Thinning hair and bad suits are better then the curly mullet? common' ladies... :lol

Old
02-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Rand

Quote:
How could cheering for Eddie be painful ???? ..
I really dislike Belfour, there are few players in the NHL more unlikeable then him.
A great goaltender, but a complete *******.
A trerrible person, no loyalty to his teams and no interest in anything but money.

Add that to the fact that he replaced Curtis Joseph... my favourite player of all time, and you come out with a goaltender very difficult to cheer for.

I wouldn't deny he's done a great job for the Leafs, and I'd be loath to replace him.... but I'll never like seeing himin a Leafs jersey.

The only player more unlikeable then him, is Hasek... whom I positively hate with a passion.
I swear I go through paroxysms of job every time Hasek is scored on.

Old
02-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Rand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander
Remind me to invite you to my wedding.

Old
02-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
I really dislike Belfour, there are few players in the NHL more unlikeable then him.
A great goaltender, but a complete *******.
A trerrible person, no loyalty to his teams and no interest in anything but money.

Add that to the fact that he replaced Curtis Joseph... my favourite player of all time, and you come out with a goaltender very difficult to cheer for.

I wouldn't deny he's done a great job for the Leafs, and I'd be loath to replace him.... but I'll never like seeing himin a Leafs jersey.
The Irony is amazing ..

Cujo is the player that has shown no loyalty his entire Career, including taking less money from the Wings to leave Toronto showing no CLASS at all in fact, firing parting shots at the team for their lack of success, which often in the playoffs was firmly on his own shoulders.

He left Edmonton a small Market team because he could get MORE money from Toronto .. and he requested a trade out of St. Louis to Edmonton in the first place over a contract dispute.

Letting in those 5 goals in the Olympics and them holding a grudge against Quinn and the Leafs was one ** THE MOST CLASSLESS ACTS *** he has on his resume .and will always be remembered for that..

His demotion to the minors couldn't have been any sweeter justice to the guy who felt Detroit was a more serious contender then Toronto, given as reason for leaving the City and Fans that treated him like a Saviour, and then Detroit in order to fulfill that prophecy of his replaced him and considered him the weakest link ..

Belfour replacing Cujo despite that being opposite of Toronto intentions was the best thing that happened to Toronto in the last little while .. I can't think of one thing that Eddie has done as a Leaf that has reflected badly on the team or himself ..

and personally Cujo couldn't carry Eddie jock strap IMO ...

Old
02-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Leaf Army

Quote:
The Irony is amazing ..

Cujo is the player that has shown no loyalty his entire Career, including taking less money from the Wings to leave Toronto showing no CLASS at all in fact, firing parting shots at the team for their lack of success, which often in the playoffs was firmly on his own shoulders.

He left Edmonton a small Market team because he could get MORE money from Toronto .. and he requested a trade out of St. Louis to Edmonton in the first place over a contract dispute.

Letting in those 5 goals in the Olympics and them holding a grudge against Quinn and the Leafs was one ** THE MOST CLASSLESS ACTS *** he has on his resume .and will always be remembered for that..

His demotion to the minors couldn't have been any sweeter justice to the guy who felt Detroit was a more serious contender then Toronto, given as reason for leaving the City and Fans that treated him like a Saviour, and then Detroit in order to fulfill that prophecy of his replaced him and considered him the weakest link ..

Belfour replacing Cujo despite that being opposite of Toronto intentions was the best thing that happened to Toronto in the last little while .. I can't think of one thing that Eddie has done as a Leaf that has reflected badly on the team or himself ..

and personally Cujo couldn't carry Eddie jock strap IMO ...
Couldn't agree more.

In the words of Bart Simpson, "The ironing is delicious."

Old
02-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Fri, February 4, 2005

Eagle looks to Russia

By LANCE HORNBY AND MIKE ZEISBERGER, TORONTO SUN

ED BELFOUR is hearing those Russian balalaikas. Ron Salcer, the agent for the star Maple Leafs goaltender, says his client has shifted his focus to signing with one of two Russian clubs after talks with an unknown Swedish team did not result in a deal prior to that country's final transfer window closing on Monday.

"Ed's looking at an opportunity in Russia," Salcer said without revealing the teams. "We should know in a couple of days."

The Russian League can take new players up to this Thursday, though Salcer said Belfour was not using his goaltending guru, Vladislav Tretiak, as a go-between in talks.

"Ed has been talking to him over the past while, but Tretiak is not involved in this decision," Salcer said

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2005/02/04/920281-sun.html

Closed Thread