Get rid of big ice option in HUT. All it does is promote people to just twist and turn in the corner until they can get a short side cheat goal or a backhand forehand goal. Literally everyone I play that has European Ice just twist and turn until they get a break, super annoying. I would leave the game before hand if I knew he had big ice, but there's no way to tell the type of rink the guy plays in until your already in game. Then you gotta finish or take the DNF.
1. A huge problem is when the puck goes in the net just inside the post from a bad angle, it shouldn't pop back out and not count because the puck didn't cross due to terrible net mesh physics. Real life example:
2. Be A GM CPU on CPU trades are just garbage.
3. Some of the players being waived are ridiculous. When would Pittsburgh ever waive Crosby?
4. Allow us to continue online pro and HUT from NHL 13. It REALLY bothers me they don't to this. It will really increase sales for disgruntled fans who don't want to lose 12 months of work.
5. 4 officials on the ice. Even 2k got this right, and 2k is ****.
6. Get the naming rights for all the arenas. Are they really that cheap?
They should try and add NTC and NMC cause like alot of you had apointed out no way would players like Crosby, RNH ever get traded away for nothing. Also gotta fix player demands by this I mean that a player should earn big money by putting up numbers/ meeting expectations.
I'm really excited to see where the series goes with the next-gen consoles. I hope they take the opportunity to finally update the presentation. The commentary, the arenas, the goalie gear...they are all so rehashed and reused at this point. Even some new generic goalie mask designs would be better to look at. I really like the idea of custom masks (even if it's just a choice of decals and patterns, for content control reasons).
Additionally, I agree 100% with the previous sentiments of continuing your BAP player through the following years' games. This is probably the key reason I have never gotten into playing this mode, as it just doesn't seem like it's worth the effort when I will have to start all over next year.
1. Vote kick for EASHL Drop-In.
2. Faster sim of BAGM. Takes forever to load one season and makes it unplayable.
3. Trade AI. Always a problem.
4. Improve the gameplay.
5. Improve the physics. Some hits are just ridiculous. Quite hilarious.
6. Better music please. I just ended up muting the menu music.
7. New play by play announcers.
Will we ever see NCAA leagues added? I'd love to be able to play as a college team, and it would give you more options in Be A Pro.
Sadly, the NCAA would be very strict on the licensing for that. Even then, your teammates would be wearing player numbers instead of their actual names. Personally, I think a more realistic licensing deal would be possible with the USHL (and boy, would I LOVE to play a junior season with the Gamblers!)
This year its really easy to get the puck taken away from you as opposed to last year. Fix that
This is what really kills me about playing the computer. This reason is the only difference in difficulty levels. Each difficulty level just raises the % of the computer's ability to take the puck away from you/intercept a pass.
You cannot play Superstar like an actual hockey game. Making passes in Superstar is nearly impossible without the computer sticking their stick out at the perfect time that it doesnt poke check but actually just puts it right on a players tape. Also the other change is just how bad your goalie is, other team's goalie doesn't get better, yours just gets worse.
Get rid of the GM Rep ****. There's no reason to get punished for turning down terrible deals.
Goalie fatigue for GM Mode. It would add a bit of extra realism to the sim.
Something needs to be done about the potential system. I miss how they separated the potential into 3 categories so it was easy to tell if a player was going to get better offensively, defensively, or both. I hope they bring the old system back.
Trading AI. I know they tried to improve it with NHL 13, but it didn't really work. I like that they added the portion to show who they are willing to get rid of, and who they want from your team. That was actually a very good addition, but they still need to think more like NHL Gms. It's so annoying when a team just drops all their core players because they are riddled by injuries. It just doesn't make sense.
Waiver issues, I don't think I need to explain that.
Draft definitely needs work. There needs to be more busts and steals. There's no sense in even using your draft picks for the 3rd-7th round because they will never become NHL players. I want that fixed.
It would be interesting if you could pick a specialty for your scouts. Their specialty area would make them more likely to find steals in that particular area of the world. I think that would add some more fun to the draft.
I should also add that they need to fix the trade value of the draft picks 5 years into the future. You should not be able to trade a crappy prospect and a 1st five years down the road for the number 1 overall pick. That's just dumb.
- in every draft there should be NHL ready prospects and a training camp to see if they can stick with the big club. Another thing that would be cool is if we can get short description of what the scouts see in each player.