HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why is Girgensons playing wing?

Old
10-15-2012, 10:20 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Its fairly uncommon for a USHL player to go straight to the AHL after getting drafted regardless of position. If you want to turn this into a debate about what league he should be in right now, fine. Like some others, I think he would be best served in the WHL. But I based my earlier comments on the facts on the ground, he is currently in the AHL right now.

So to me, complaining about Girgs playing wing at the moment under these circumstances is pretty daft. Particularly with an NHL lockout going on and a center like Hodgson in the mix. Does one really need to ask why he is on the wing right now?
There's jj again, bringing facts and logic to the discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezis View Post
Sounds like a sarcasm to me.

And about latvians speaking russian - we have a problem here, because our youth isn't speaking russian anymore, but it's critical here. Instead they are taking english more seriously, which is fine if they don't forget that knowing russian is more important in working field. So, i'm 100% sure that Girgs understands russian, and that's the end of it.
No sarcasm intended. I was commending the original replier on his proper use of cursing to emphasize his point.

In general Americans are particularly poor in their knowledge of languages; including English. Both printed and online newspapers and similar source material are typically written at a 5th to 8th-grade level. (10-13 years old)

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 03:13 PM
gallagt01

Does the end of Tropp's season bump Girgensons up a line?

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Does the end of Tropp's season bump Girgensons up a line?
No, not yet anyways; Flynn skated with Hodgson and Adam, while Girgensons remained with Varone and Rankin.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 04:43 PM
pigpen65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
No, not yet anyways; Flynn skated with Hodgson and Adam, while Girgensons remained with Varone and Rankin.

Adam does not look good on the wing, and he really seemed to have his head up his ass Saturday night vs Toronto. He was a point per game player in the AHL two years ago centering Mancari. He was a point per game player in the NHL for the first 20 games last year playing center. I don't really see how moving him to wing now makes any logical sense, aside from him having been successful at center previously, and never being successful on the wing.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 04:51 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
Adam does not look good on the wing, and he really seemed to have his head up his ass Saturday night vs Toronto. He was a point per game player in the AHL two years ago centering Mancari. He was a point per game player in the NHL for the first 20 games last year playing center. I don't really see how moving him to wing now makes any logical sense, aside from him having been successful at center previously, and never being successful on the wing.
He was actually playing wing with Byron and Mancari for a significant portion of that season.

jfb392 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Its fairly uncommon for a USHL player to go straight to the AHL after getting drafted regardless of position. If you want to turn this into a debate about what league he should be in right now, fine. Like some others, I think he would be best served in the WHL. But I based my earlier comments on the facts on the ground, he is currently in the AHL right now.

So to me, complaining about Girgs playing wing at the moment under these circumstances is pretty daft. Particularly with an NHL lockout going on and a center like Hodgson in the mix. Does one really need to ask why he is on the wing right now?

What's done is done, my only point was that the circumstances for Girgensons don't match those of Peca, or Seguin or most other young centers playing wing.

Obviously it's better for him to play wing right now over 4th line center, no one is going to disagree with that. Obviously the ideal case scenario will be that, if/when there is an NHL season, Girgensons shifts to the pivot when Hodgson leaves the AHL (or he just plays Varone off to wing). The lockout has been a blessing for him in that regard.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote