HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Keeper league deal

Old
10-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 500
Keeper league deal

In a salary cap keeper league with all the offensive stats (no PIMs), 12 forwards, 6d, 1g starting lineup

My strong point is defence as I have Erik & Jack Johnson, Fowler, Petry, K. Russell, Gleason, Rozsival & N. Schultz with Forbort & Pysyk as prospects.

My bottom 6 are looking a bit weak with PMB, Latendresse, Larose, Brunner, Bonino, Regin.

I'm offered Steve Downie for Fowler.

Am I getting enough value for a young, 40 point d-man? What's Downie's offensive potential in Colorado? Will he be stuck on the 3rd line?

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 12:59 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

I wouldn't make the trade. Downie has looked great in Colorado, but Fowler is great for points on the back end, and only getting better. If they play equal games they'll probably finish with similar point totals.

The best thing about Downie in fantasy is that he puts up elite fantasy PIM numbers along with solid production, with PIM not being part of your league, Downie's value is lowered by a lot.

Only thing that could hurt Fowler's value is +/- and it's probably won't be enough to justify moving him.

Fowler over Downie.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Gorgeous George

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
I wouldn't make the trade. Downie has looked great in Colorado, but Fowler is great for points on the back end, and only getting better. If they play equal games they'll probably finish with similar point totals.

The best thing about Downie in fantasy is that he puts up elite fantasy PIM numbers along with solid production, with PIM not being part of your league, Downie's value is lowered by a lot.

Only thing that could hurt Fowler's value is +/- and it's probably won't be enough to justify moving him.

Fowler over Downie.
Agree with this assessment.

I can see Downie hitting 60+ pts during his prime years. But since your pool is defensive oriented, you have to select Fowler. He should develop into a top offensive 50+ d-man.

As you have indicated, you need to work on your forwards, though. That bottom six definitely needs to be reconfigured. If you have a top forward, I would recommend diversifying for depth.

Maybe offer a lesser d-man for Downie in a counter-offer.

Gorgeous George is offline   Reply With Quote