HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

June 17th, 2013

Old
10-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
June 17th, 2013

From Elliotte Friedman

Quote:
June 17: Conn Smythe Trophy winner Henrik Lundqvist makes a huge last-second save on Daniel Sedin to preserve the Rangersí second Stanley Cup victory since 1940.

Madison Square Garden is the scene of the craziest post-game celebration ever. Fans hand beer to players over the glass, Tortorella brings his beloved dogs on-ice to skate with the Cup and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg makes a citizenís arrest when Glen Sather lights a victory cigar in smoke-free Manhattan.

Not a bad double for the business of the sport to have Los Angeles and New York win the Stanley Cup in back-to-back seasons. Good thing the owners and players were able to avoid a lockout.
I thought this was very funny, especially the part about Torts bringing the dogs on the ice

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...have-been.html

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
From Elliotte Friedman

I thought this was very funny, especially the part about Torts bringing the dogs on the ice

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...have-been.html
Canucks have been choking every year, so they are due for a longer playoffs but i doubt it will happen with the soft Sedins as their leaders.. so will it be Lundqvist vs Roberto or Schneider???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:50 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
You know that MLB The Show commercial with the Cubs fan? That's how I feel right now after reading that.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:01 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

October 12: The lights go dark at the Staples Center. The video screen replays the last moments of the Kings' Stanley Cup victory over New Jersey (called by Bob Miller and Jim Fox, of course). After a few shots of the celebration, the crowd is stunned into silence by the face of Dodgers legend Sandy Koufax. "I'm proud to see LA's hockey team join the list of this city's champions," he says in a video message. Then, we switch to a grinning Kobe Bryant, who adds, "It's about time."

The crowd goes absolutely berserk, and the banner is raised. When the lights come back on, it's noticed that night's visitors, the Rangers, came out to watch the ceremony. "I wanted them to see what it's like," John Tortorella says.

love that part

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote