HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Jerseys too cheap?

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 12:34 PM
goatt

vCash: 500
Jerseys too cheap?

Hi guys, I know nothing about jerseys or NHL merchandise but I was looking for jerseys and found a few sites which are (suspiciously) seemingly identical in layout and really cheap. I'm picking the same jersey from a few sites to show you what I mean...

http://www.club-jerseys.com/new-york...sey-33004.html
http://www.b2cplay.com/new-york-rang...sey-51517.html

Identical layout, but more expensive...
http://www.rugbyuniformsshop.com/che...eys-27274.html

Can anyone tell me if there's anything I should be looking out for?

Thanks guys.

Old
01-14-2012, 12:57 PM
The Spicy Shrimp

Just spend the hundred and twenty bucks for a replica. It won't fall apart on you.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
AIREAYE

It's a scam, and the rule of thumb that I've learned from MSH is that if it seems too good to be true, it is. There are a few threads on fake jerseys over there you should check out.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:58 PM
CPAir

They are all poor quality knock offs from China. Trust me, not worth it.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I bought these jerseys before. Don't wear them to the games, because they look different from the real. If you're wearing them to a pub or to play drop-in hockey, they're fine. The quality is decent and no, they don't fall apart. The stitching is meh and you might have to cut off a few loose hanging strings, but it's acceptable.

Old
01-16-2012, 05:08 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatt View Post
Hi guys, I know nothing about jerseys or NHL merchandise but I was looking for jerseys and found a few sites which are (suspiciously) seemingly identical in layout and really cheap. I'm picking the same jersey from a few sites to show you what I mean...

http://www.club-jerseys.com/new-york...sey-33004.html
http://www.b2cplay.com/new-york-rang...sey-51517.html

Identical layout, but more expensive...
http://www.rugbyuniformsshop.com/che...eys-27274.html

Can anyone tell me if there's anything I should be looking out for?

Thanks guys.
It's always a bad sign when it's super cheap and they're using a picture they didn't take, such as in this case. This way, you've got no idea what the actual jersey looks like. You might order it and get an away jersey when you wanted home. Who knows.

Replicas aren't very good quality, so if you're buying for playing and you don't care too much what you look like, some knockoffs aren't too bad for that, and won't fall apart any faster than the NHL ones. If you're looking for something to wear to a game, most certainly shell out the extra cash for the real deal, because most fakes look pretty bad on close inspection.

Old
01-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Khabby

There are a few good sites for the cheap replicas that are pretty good quality. I tend to get a few for pick up hockey. They are usually better quality than the 130$ dollar NHL authentic replicas since everything is ironed on to the 130$ ones, and the cheap ones are actually stitched on. Makes it better for going through the wash. I do agree that some are very off looking, But I made sure I seen actual pictures of them before ordering to make sure they were close to the real deal.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
It's always a bad sign when it's super cheap and they're using a picture they didn't take, such as in this case. This way, you've got no idea what the actual jersey looks like. You might order it and get an away jersey when you wanted home. Who knows.

Replicas aren't very good quality, so if you're buying for playing and you don't care too much what you look like, some knockoffs aren't too bad for that, and won't fall apart any faster than the NHL ones. If you're looking for something to wear to a game, most certainly shell out the extra cash for the real deal, because most fakes look pretty bad on close inspection.
The thing I don't like is that the Richter jersey numbers aren't the same as the Lundqvist. It's amazing that they don't try to sell it a little better.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spicy Shrimp View Post
Just spend the hundred and twenty bucks for a replica. It won't fall apart on you.
Better yet, wait for Meigray to have their annual summer or holiday sale and get a game-issued or game-worn jersey for around $200. Why get a replica when you can get one that was either prepared for a player or actually used on the ice.

Last edited by pelts35.com: 05-02-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old
05-02-2012, 11:02 AM
donkers*

I have a few fakes and a few real.

Some of the fakes I got are outright atrocious but my Nordiques Sakic jersey is actually miles better than all of my real jerseys despite one error (wrong patch) on it. I wear that one to all Kings/Avs (I live in Southern California) games and no one can tell and I actually get a ton of compliments on it.

For what I paid ($40) for the fakes they are totally worth to have around. I don't really have too many hardcore hockey friends and they can't tell the difference. I'm probably going to get jersey frames and hang them up in there.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I don't own any knockoffs. I have one authentic and one replica I wear to games. Quality is better on the authentic obviously, replica is fine for wearing to games and I won't get upset if I spill on it.

For pickup I wouldn't wear any NHL logo jersey, just too cheesy.

Old
05-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khabby View Post
There are a few good sites for the cheap replicas that are pretty good quality. I tend to get a few for pick up hockey. They are usually better quality than the 130$ dollar NHL authentic replicas since everything is ironed on to the 130$ ones, and the cheap ones are actually stitched on. Makes it better for going through the wash. I do agree that some are very off looking, But I made sure I seen actual pictures of them before ordering to make sure they were close to the real deal.
I ordered a replica from NHL and my numbers and name were stitched with authentic letters, maybe I got lucky? It took a while admittedly for it to be dispatched..

Old
05-18-2012, 08:17 AM
steelerfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaRinneUK35 View Post
I ordered a replica from NHL and my numbers and name were stitched with authentic letters, maybe I got lucky? It took a while admittedly for it to be dispatched..
how much is it ?

Old
05-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
how much is it ?
Around $120 for the premier jersey and around an extra $25 for the lettering, it was an offer at the time for half price customizing

Old
05-23-2012, 07:52 AM
steelerfan*

Quote:
Around $120 for the premier jersey and around an extra $25 for the lettering, it was an offer at the time for half price customizing
a good business since i bought before from an "authentic" website called weiketrade and it charged me 125 as well

Old
05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkers View Post
I have a few fakes and a few real.

Some of the fakes I got are outright atrocious but my Nordiques Sakic jersey is actually miles better than all of my real jerseys despite one error (wrong patch) on it. I wear that one to all Kings/Avs (I live in Southern California) games and no one can tell and I actually get a ton of compliments on it.

For what I paid ($40) for the fakes they are totally worth to have around. I don't really have too many hardcore hockey friends and they can't tell the difference. I'm probably going to get jersey frames and hang them up in there.
haha i have the same nordiques jersey! compliments everytime i wear it

Old
05-23-2012, 10:00 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

I don't know about the websites you posted but I bought a CCM game jersey (Rangers kasparaitis) for 40 bucks new with tags about 5 years ago from a LHS in Markham ON. I think I would stay away from cheep fan ware and buy the real deal. Oh and if you are a goalie and are planing on waring that jersey on the ice even the biggest size XXL fake will never fit over your CA cause they are all player cut.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:32 AM
steelerfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
I don't know about the websites you posted but I bought a CCM game jersey (Rangers kasparaitis) for 40 bucks new with tags about 5 years ago from a LHS in Markham ON. I think I would stay away from cheep fan ware and buy the real deal. Oh and if you are a goalie and are planing on waring that jersey on the ice even the biggest size XXL fake will never fit over your CA cause they are all player cut.
i bought this one for 40 bucks as well.they are "authentic" jersey but quality's decent and of fast shipment in about 7 days to get to your door.that's very convenient for me .

http://www.weiketrade.hk/Product/Pro5214.Html

Old
06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
steelerfan*

anyone has an idea where to get the Euro 2012 jersey?

Old
10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
steelerfan*

Quote:
seems great . any pics ?

Old
10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Okay this thread is going nowhere with all the spam.

Closed Thread