HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

2012 NBA Regular Season Thread (10/31-11/25)

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 500
Go Kings!

Old
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
As if the Celtics didn't buy their 2008 championship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
And your beloved, full of class Celtics were brought together as well, so what is the big difference between us signing our players, and the Celtics trading for theirs, and signing them to extensions?
You guys really don't know the difference ????

Old
10-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

No difference

Old
10-31-2012, 01:40 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
You guys really don't know the difference ????
There is no difference. KG and Ray had a say in becoming the first Big 3, so the only difference was that they were traded together, where Bosh and LeBron signed with Miami. Garnett did not want to join the Celtics, but changed his mind once Allen was on board too. So what did Garnett do when he was traded, he agreed to a contract extension. Its the same crap, both groups chose to play with each other, so dont try to spin it in a way that the Celtics did it differently. But what is really funny that you think LeBron's decision is as classless as those two punks that wear Celtics green The ONLY two people that showed any type of class last season were Doc and Pierce. Well, there was a 3rd, but he decided to leave those clowns in Boston.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

LeBron was technically traded in a sign-and-trade deal.

BTW, the Knicks-Nets game has been postponed.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
The Knicks/Nets game tomorrow has been postponed: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/sp...mid=tw-nytimes

No makeup date has been announced, though 11/26 could work as the rescheduled date: both teams are at home the day before and don't play again until the following Wednesday.

On a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA moves up the start time of Thunder/Spurs tomorrow as a result.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:12 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
The Knicks/Nets game tomorrow has been postponed: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/sp...mid=tw-nytimes

No makeup date has been announced, though 11/26 could work as the rescheduled date: both teams are at home the day before and don't play again until the following Wednesday.

On a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA moves up the start time of Thunder/Spurs tomorrow as a result.
From what I have read so far, the Heat-Knicks game on Friday night is good to go. The Heat are leaving tomorrow for the city. How is that situation going on, around MSG? As a former NYer, the devastation is gut wrenching.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
There is no difference. KG and Ray had a say in becoming the first Big 3, so the only difference was that they were traded together, where Bosh and LeBron signed with Miami. Garnett did not want to join the Celtics, but changed his mind once Allen was on board too. So what did Garnett do when he was traded, he agreed to a contract extension. Its the same crap, both groups chose to play with each other, so dont try to spin it in a way that the Celtics did it differently. But what is really funny that you think LeBron's decision is as classless as those two punks that wear Celtics green The ONLY two people that showed any type of class last season were Doc and Pierce. Well, there was a 3rd, but he decided to leave those clowns in Boston.
That's not true. The only two guys who left the court before the game was even over were two of the biggest *****es in the entire league, Rondo and KG. Rivers and the rest of the team showed a lot of class.

KG has been like this for his entire career. A lot of players, media, and fans have been tired of his act for years now. It is what it is.

As for Rondo, it's funny when Celtics fans defend him. The Celtics management and coaches wanted him gone because he's a punk and they didn't want to deal with him anymore. The other players on the team (except Perkins) wanted nothing to do with him. Bill Simmons also talked about how Rondo and Rose had some issues and one of the reasons why the US Olympic team doesn't want him is because of his attitude and they think he'll hurt team chemistry.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Some RFA signings before tonight's deadline:

James Harden: 5 yrs, $80 million.

Ty Lawson: 4 yrs, $48 million.

Stephen Curry: 4 yrs, $44 million.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Some RFA signings before tonight's deadline:

James Harden: 5 yrs, $80 million.

Ty Lawson: 4 yrs, $48 million.

Stephen Curry: 4 yrs, $44 million.
All of those deals are SOO huge given their accomplishments, but such is the NBA.

Harden - Played off the bench between two of the best players in the league

Lawson - One year above 12 PPG? I see the potential but he was also what, a 17th pick, I don't know if he'll be worth 12 mil

Curry - Played 26 games last year

Insane money for not much time as elite talents...that said, they could all work out, especially Harden who I do think will be a superstar.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
More money in the NBA to go around. Must be nice to be a basketball player, the revenue split goes down and everyone can still get paid like crazy. I think Lawson's a great player and that signing is pretty good, actually.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:08 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
That's not true. The only two guys who left the court before the game was even over were two of the biggest *****es in the entire league, Rondo and KG. Rivers and the rest of the team showed a lot of class.

KG has been like this for his entire career. A lot of players, media, and fans have been tired of his act for years now. It is what it is.

As for Rondo, it's funny when Celtics fans defend him. The Celtics management and coaches wanted him gone because he's a punk and they didn't want to deal with him anymore. The other players on the team (except Perkins) wanted nothing to do with him. Bill Simmons also talked about how Rondo and Rose had some issues and one of the reasons why the US Olympic team doesn't want him is because of his attitude and they think he'll hurt team chemistry.
Oh I know about KG. He has always been a punk. Everyone knows it, outside of Boston fans. I wont even get into Rondo. I was surprised Wade didnt pop him with the ball after that BS move last night. He is a great PG, but he is what you would expect a KG child to be like. Pathetic.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
All of those deals are SOO huge given their accomplishments, but such is the NBA.

Harden - Played off the bench between two of the best players in the league

Lawson - One year above 12 PPG? I see the potential but he was also what, a 17th pick, I don't know if he'll be worth 12 mil

Curry - Played 26 games last year

Insane money for not much time as elite talents...that said, they could all work out, especially Harden who I do think will be a superstar.
Agreed. They're paying for potential here but it seems a bit ridiculous even though it's probably market value. I think all three of these guys have the potential to be very good players. Maybe not elite but not that far off either. IMO, Harden is already a top 5 player at his position. Lawson might be a top 10 PG already and if Curry stays healthy, he has the potential to be up there as well. So they should be worth the money in the long run but it still seems risky this early in their careers.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Suddenly, Lawson at $12M/yr and an injury prone Curry at $11M/yr doesn't look bad at all.......

Quote:
@SpearsNBAYahoo: Guard DeMar Derozan's contract extension with the Raptors is incentive based and close to $42 million, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Can't wait to watch...

-Davis' debut tonight

-Lin & Harden's Rockets debut

Gonna be good.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Muh
Beadle

Sucks the Knick game was PPD, I was so excited to watch that tonight.

...Still no free NBA preview. I might just have to buy it.

Edit: I meant, watch it tomorrow.

Last edited by Muh: 10-31-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old
10-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Clowe Me

If Curry can get over his ankle ailments, that deal will look very good for GS.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Why is Iguodala getting booed in Philly?

Old
10-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Swervin81
Leaf fan Wild bndwgn

Quote:
The same team's fans that boo injured players and cheer when they're down? I wonder why...

Old
10-31-2012, 06:23 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

^did Philly fans ever really like Iguodala, like consistently? Also, apparently after he left he criticized Collins, so apparently a story there.

They just did a video for him and they stood and cheered for that, so maybe just a he's on their team now thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Sucks the Knick game was PPD, I was so excited to watch that tonight.

...Still no free NBA preview. I might just have to buy it.
Weird, I'm getting the preview from Time Warner. I hope they forget to turn it off when it expires. Sure I can watch all the Spurs game and find the other games I need for free on the internet, but they do reruns. I can watch the primetime games I miss later on tonight.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
It's Noah so I'll give the Philly fans a pass for that one. Can't really blame them.

I thought he was a fan favourite there and he didn't leave as a free agent, the team just decided to trade him. I guess it shouldn't be that surprising though, Philly fans are nuts.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:38 PM
StreakingRed
Win For Gio

Listening to some people talk about Garnett from last night's game, you'd think he spit on Allen's face or something. The words "class" and "classless" are used way too much around here.

Last edited by StreakingRed: 10-31-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old
10-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
This Rocket team is really fun to watch.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:00 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 270
Looking forward to watching the Warriors tonight and I'm getting a free preview. I wasn't thinking about buying the package but it is nice to see all the teams in the first week. Besides, there are a ton of national TV games and NBA TV games that will air, so I'm not sure if paying 180 for the broadband service is worth it.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
You answered your own question. Because it's Philly and they'd boo their own mothers.

And this is coming from a Sixers fan.

Iguodala was hated and a scapegoat ever since the original AI left and he was marketed to be a superstar that he never was.

Great defensively, great dunker and an Olympian, but fans couldn't get over the fact he only averaged a little over 10 PPG in his time their. He did take a lot of bad shots too.

Closed Thread