HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

2012 NBA Regular Season Thread (10/31-11/25)

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Randolph, Ginobili, Bosh, Harden, J. Smith, Jennings, Conley, D. Lee, Monroe, Dragic

Old
11-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Muh
Beadle

I wouldn't have even been able to think of 10 southpaws...And didn't know Monroe was either.

Are there a lot? Only other one I can think of is Prince.

Old
11-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Absurd conclusion? The only thing "absurd" is the amount of your homerism. Oh my god, the Heat are trailing the Knicks by a half game, with 70 games left, how are they going to catch up
I also find it rather absurd that you can't actually come up with a reason as to why the Heat are better

Old
11-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

It's really easy to explain why they're better actually. Best scoring team in the league, best three point shooting team in the league. If one guy's off they can roll out a few others to shoot from deep. They also have a great perimeter defense. Miami is ten deep and the Knicks are not. That explain it?

Old
11-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Muh
Beadle

I am as big as a Knick fan as there is, but I will answer for everyone else on this board. Who I agree with.

First reason why Heat are better, Lebron James. Yes we have our own star in Melo, but he doesn't even compare to Lebron. We also have a talented starting 5, but once again Miami's is better.

Also, experience. Together as a team, we haven't done **** besides these first two weeks of games. Miami? Went to the finals, and then won it all the next year.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Knicks are a damn good team this year. With that, and my belief that the East isn't strong after Miami, I picked us to make the ECF's. So until we beat them in the playoffs, or they suffer an injury; Miami will still be the better team then the Knicks.

Old
11-23-2012, 06:22 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
I wouldn't have even been able to think of 10 southpaws...And didn't know Monroe was either.

Are there a lot? Only other one I can think of is Prince.

There aren't a lot, but usually a good handful around.

Sporcle had a quiz about how many were in the 10-11 season.

Someone did an article on them some years back, went into stats and all that fun stuff about their advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately I cannot find it nor even remember who did it.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Muh
Beadle

Something weird just happened in the Knick game. Marcus? Morris on the Rockets ran up the floor, then grabbed the right side of his head and went to the ground. Was on the floor for a minute plus before he got up and went to the locker room. Weird.

Parsons and Melo each with 16 in first quarter. Parsons is killing it.

Edit: I tried that sporacle quiz, and failed miserably, a lot more then I expected. But after reading the names, most of em I was able to remember being lefty.

Double Edit: Morris got bumped under the rim, didn't show any ill effects as he ran up the court, but then felt it when he went into the post. He is fine. Was still a very weird situation.

Last edited by Muh: 11-23-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old
11-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Muh
Beadle

Melo whines whenever he doesn't get a call.

You guys will love this one, we are getting absolutely stomped.

Chandler Parsons having a career night.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Kershaw

Refs are ridiculous this game. How does Harden get away with this much flopping, travels, etc.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:15 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Are you going to complain about the refs every time the Knicks lose?

Old
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Of course he is. Knicks are the best team in sports, only way they can lose is when the refs have bet against them and are trying to hold them down.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:24 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Spurs down by double digits vs the Pacers make a comeback and win it, 104-97. Tim, Tony, and Manu keeping things together

Old
11-23-2012, 09:27 PM
davebenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
Spurs down by double digits vs the Pacers make a comeback and win it, 104-97. Tim, Tony, and Manu keeping things together
Nice! Never liked the Pacers.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Excellence

Send a message via MSN to Excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Refs are ridiculous this game. How does Harden get away with this much flopping, travels, etc.
There's been a couple of iffy calls, but for the majority of them Harden was definitely getting slashed on his way to the basket.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:52 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenj View Post
Nice! Never liked the Pacers.
I have a love/hate relationship with them. I like them cause they're like the Spurs with their smaller market claw back mentality, but I hate them cause they have always been tough to play against. Tim, Tony, and Manu had like a combined 70 pts and were down by 17ish, came back some, then went down again by 9 and once again had to claw back.

From another game, just saw Woj tweet this from Kevin Ding:

Why did D'Antoni sit Pau down the stretch? "I was thinking I'd like to win this game, that's what I was thinking."

Old
11-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
From another game, just saw Woj tweet this from Kevin Ding:

Why did D'Antoni sit Pau down the stretch? "I was thinking I'd like to win this game, that's what I was thinking."
Nice.

Z-Bo and Marc schooled Howard and Pau in that game. Marc doesn't do anything flashy but he is a really good player and he can do it all. Grizzlies look great.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Raps are now officially the definition of anti clutch. Same old same old, just don't know how to finish off a game.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:20 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Can you guys post your top 10 southpaws in the NBA today? Randolph, Bosh, Ginobili, ???
Best southpaw in the game, LeBron James of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I also find it rather absurd that you can't actually come up with a reason as to why the Heat are better
Who are you, Tortorella's dad? If I really have to answer your question, than you are just as big of a homer Knicks fan as Tortorella. Its "absurd!" But hell, Ill bite. The Heat are a better defensive team, deeper team, more experienced, and have one top 10 player in Wade, another top 20 player in Bosh, to go along with the best player in the world. Carmelo is a hell of a player, but isnt near the player LBJ is, period. Ill go off the court too, where the organization is first class, with one of the best presidents in the history of the game. Thanks for Riley Knicks

Last edited by pb1300: 11-24-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old
11-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Zeus54
Trollololol

Knicks gave up 131 points to the Rockets, tonight?

Old
11-24-2012, 12:50 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

TD destroying Hibbert after dominating KG

Not bad for an old fart

Old
11-24-2012, 04:55 AM
PanthersPens62
#KidK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Best southpaw in the game, LeBron James of course.

Who are you, Tortorella's dad? If I really have to answer your question, than you are just as big of a homer Knicks fan as Tortorella. Its "absurd!" But hell, Ill bite. The Heat are a better defensive team, deeper team, more experienced, and have one top 10 player in Wade, another top 20 player in Bosh, to go along with the best player in the world. Carmelo is a hell of a player, but isnt near the player LBJ is, period. Ill go off the court too, where the organization is first class, with one of the best presidents in the history of the game. Thanks for Riley Knicks

So, looks like it didn't quite take 70 games for us to pass the Knicks after all! Hopefully the few blind homers will take a cue from classy poster Muh, and be a bit more objective.

Old
11-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

So my Rockets put up 131, which by itself is an immpressive stat these days,so it'd take a pretty hilarious stat to overshadow that now wouldn't it.

Lin (AKA the Starting PG) had 3 assists. I didn't watch the game cause I was at work, but something about this is just hilarious to me. Was the entire team taking turns running a crazy iso? No idea what happened in this game, but 3 assists for a starting PG is embarassing, nevermind his team putting up almost twice what the average team scores in a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPens62 View Post

So, looks like it didn't quite take 70 games for us to pass the Knicks after all! Hopefully the few blind homers will take a cue from classy poster Muh, and be a bit more objective.
I'm no Knicks fan, but Bosh is a 3rd wheel at best and Wade has been terrible thus far (small sample size granted) All in all, it's a bit early to be bashing anyone.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:55 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
So my Rockets put up 131, which by itself is an immpressive stat these days,so it'd take a pretty hilarious stat to overshadow that now wouldn't it.

Lin (AKA the Starting PG) had 3 assists. I didn't watch the game cause I was at work, but something about this is just hilarious to me. Was the entire team taking turns running a crazy iso? No idea what happened in this game, but 3 assists for a starting PG is embarassing, nevermind his team putting up almost twice what the average team scores in a game.

I'm no Knicks fan, but Bosh is a 3rd wheel at best and Wade has been terrible thus far (small sample size granted) All in all, it's a bit early to be bashing anyone.
Bosh might be a third wheel, but in regards to a tricycle, its an important third wheel. Without Bosh last season, they do not get past Boston, or OKC in the Finals. He is the most important player to the trios success. He is a top 20 player in this league, who is having his best season for the Heat so far.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:58 AM
PanthersPens62
#KidK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post

I'll take that "third wheel" any day of the week and twice on Sunday! As for D-Wade, he's battling his usual nagging injuries & that said they are an amazing 16-3 when he sits. Not trying to bash anyone, just think its hilarious that people are still underestimating the mighty Heatles!

Old
11-24-2012, 10:41 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I never understood when fans say "well Team X isnt the best team in the league even though their record says so because blah blah blah blah"

We heard this crap all last year when the Rangers were 1st in the east for the entire second half yet everybody was saying how the Pens and Bruins were "better" because one team was the defending champ and the other was super skilled on paper.

Up until last night, the Knicks were better than the Heat in record and head to head. Nobody has a crystal ball, so the team with the better record/winning pct is the better team.

Power rankings and educated guesses don't amount to a thing when seeds are determined. Miami and the Knicks have identical road records and both are undefeated at home, yet Miami has played one more game at home.

Personally, when it comes to sports, I like to deal in absolutes. I'll go with the standings 10 times out of 10.

The Heat are better than the Knicks, but not by much.

Closed Thread