HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

2012 NBA Regular Season Thread (10/31-11/25)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Lol, Bosh isn't a headcase but Bargnani is? I think Raptors fans will disagree with you on that one. Neither of them are, but there were more issues with Bosh's attitude than Barg's in TO.
Raptor fan and I disagree. Bosh played hard nearly every night and gave his all. Bargnani is soft as tissue, and a lot of nights just sleep walks through games.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:09 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
He's an inspiration to all pterodactyls wanting to play in the NBA

Old
11-24-2012, 07:37 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Stoudemire for Bargs + Davis.

I remember when there were rumors of Bosh for Stoudemire a couple of years back. Stoudemire had one bad season and he's now valueless? His season in 2011 was elite and he has 3 more yrs left on the contract.

That's where the problem lies.

Amare was very good couple years ago but very pedestrian last year. He's also had a surgery since. Too many question marks about his knees plus $$$ owed makes him almost untradeable.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 489
I watched that gif for a solid 2 minutes straight, hilarious. Never seen that before.

Love the eyes once he gets into the frame.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Lol, Bosh isn't a headcase but Bargnani is? I think Raptors fans will disagree with you on that one. Neither of them are, but there were more issues with Bosh's attitude than Barg's in TO.
Bargnani isn't a headcase, and neither was Bosh during his time here.

I'm not sure where these comments are coming from.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Quote:
Sorry, was referring to Bargnani and Stoudemire.
This makes even less sense. I don't know anyone that would describe Bargs as a headcase.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Ray Allen comes up huge again for Miami. Had 15 points in the 4th quarter including the game winning three.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:00 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
This may be a good argument when you have a good sample size, but not after 5 games when Knicks homers were creaming their pants, and not after 12 games either. Especially if you want to start talking about seeds being determined.

Which was the entire point people are making, it's still November, you don't earn legit status in November when you aren't a returning elite team, you don't earn a good seed in November (even if Tortorella seems to think the Knicks have one locked in already)

Feel free to go with the standings, to you the Knicks were the best team in the NBA, now a few games later they are the 4th or 5th best team in the NBA, and the Bobcats are a better team than the Lakers.
The Knicks are off to their best start in 18 years. Why shouldnt Knicks fans be happy?

Legit status? Since they fired Dantoni the Knicks are 26-9. They destroyed the Heat, beat San Antonio on the road when the Spurs were the best team in the West and have the second best record in the conference despite owning the toughest opponent schedule record-wise.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:30 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

The Spurs beat a lot of legit teams early in the season last few years too. Good times...

Old
11-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 675
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
The Knicks are off to their best start in 18 years. Why shouldnt Knicks fans be happy?

Legit status? Since they fired Dantoni the Knicks are 26-9. They destroyed the Heat, beat San Antonio on the road when the Spurs were the best team in the West and have the second best record in the conference despite owning the toughest opponent schedule record-wise.
Nobody is saying they shouldn't be happy so where did you come up with that from? try actually addressing what is being said instead of just pulling things out of your ass.

So you moan about other team fan bases giving credit to the prior Stanley Cup winner in a new season, but you want to go back to the Knicks record from last year typical. You don't earn legit status in November, not when you are coming into the season as nobody, and yes, they came in as nobody because they did nothing of note last year. Starting off 5 or 6 games undefeated is nice, everyone would like to do that, but the Knicks homers went blowing that out of proportion, now we've got one in here saying the Knicks are better than Miami and blah blah blah. Anyone who is going to say the Knicks are better than Miami feel free, but you look ridiculous. The Knicks flame out last year, have a hot 6 game start to this year, suddenly some Knicks fans think they are the best team in Basketball, it's a joke and it makes the reasonable Knicks fans look bad.

It really says a lot about your team that some fans are so desperate for anything to be proud of that they grabbed on to a 5 game sample and wore it on their sleeve so proudly.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:

Come on now, don't leave out the most important games. 26-9 under Woodson in the regular season and 1-4 under Woodson in the playoffs. I understand why you only want to talk about the regular season but the Heat destroying the Knicks in the playoffs is something you can't just leave out. I know it has been a while for the Knicks but those playoff games do matter.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:16 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Nobody is saying they shouldn't be happy so where did you come up with that from? try actually addressing what is being said instead of just pulling things out of your ass.

So you moan about other team fan bases giving credit to the prior Stanley Cup winner in a new season, but you want to go back to the Knicks record from last year typical. You don't earn legit status in November, not when you are coming into the season as nobody, and yes, they came in as nobody because they did nothing of note last year. Starting off 5 or 6 games undefeated is nice, everyone would like to do that, but the Knicks homers went blowing that out of proportion, now we've got one in here saying the Knicks are better than Miami and blah blah blah. Anyone who is going to say the Knicks are better than Miami feel free, but you look ridiculous. The Knicks flame out last year, have a hot 6 game start to this year, suddenly some Knicks fans think they are the best team in Basketball, it's a joke and it makes the reasonable Knicks fans look bad.

It really says a lot about your team that some fans are so desperate for anything to be proud of that they grabbed on to a 5 game sample and wore it on their sleeve so proudly.
You're implying the Knicks hot start is a fluke and I'm saying it's not. They're obviously an improved team. The Boston/Pittsburgh example was based off of fanbases trying to discredit a team who was better in the standings. The combined record under Woodson is just an example of how the Knicks are in fact one of the better teams in the league.

How is it a "joke" and ridiculous" if Knicks fans simply stated a fact -- the Knicks owned the best record in the league for almost three weeks. How is that being a "homer"?

Nobody said the Knicks should be handed the title after going 7-0 or 8-1.

And the Knicks have sucked for so long, yet you seemed surprised that fans are happy with the way theyve improved.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:27 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Come on now, don't leave out the most important games. 26-9 under Woodson in the regular season and 1-4 under Woodson in the playoffs. I understand why you only want to talk about the regular season but the Heat destroying the Knicks in the playoffs is something you can't just leave out. I know it has been a while for the Knicks but those playoff games do matter.
Again, the reference to the 26-9 was to show that the Knicks hot start in 2013 was not an abberation since they were one of the better teams in the NBA down the stretch last year and owned the best record in the league for nearly the first three weeks of this season.

Since the Knicks (or no NBA team for that matter) havent played in the playoffs this year, we have no idea if the 2013 team will end up with the same result as the 2012 team.

All I know is that THIS SEASON, the Knicks are one of the better teams in the league right now and in their one meeting with the Heat they destroyed them. I'm not denying that the Heat are still the lead horse in the East but right nw the Knicks are obviously one of the few teams in the conference who will be challenging them

Old
11-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Bargnani isn't a headcase, and neither was Bosh during his time here.

I'm not sure where these comments are coming from.
Headcase as in being a detriment to the team, which Bargnani is. The Raptors severely need an identity change and that starts with getting rid of Bargnani.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:10 AM
darko

Quote:
Headcase as in being a detriment to the team, which Bargnani is. The Raptors severely need an identity change and that starts with getting rid of Bargnani.

What has Bargnani done that makes him a detriment?

Old
11-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
What has Bargnani done that makes him a detriment?
He's the softest player in the NBA. A pf that grabs 4 rebounds a game, doesn't know the word defense and chucks up 3 pointers all game long.

He's quickly falling out of favor in Toronto.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:01 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
You're implying the Knicks hot start is a fluke and I'm saying it's not. They're obviously an improved team. The Boston/Pittsburgh example was based off of fanbases trying to discredit a team who was better in the standings. The combined record under Woodson is just an example of how the Knicks are in fact one of the better teams in the league.

How is it a "joke" and ridiculous" if Knicks fans simply stated a fact -- the Knicks owned the best record in the league for almost three weeks. How is that being a "homer"?

Nobody said the Knicks should be handed the title after going 7-0 or 8-1.

And the Knicks have sucked for so long, yet you seemed surprised that fans are happy with the way theyve improved.
I'm not implying it's a fluke at all though, you're just reading what you want to read. What people are saying is that it's a small sample size to be leaping to ridiculous conclusions of the Knicks are the best team in the NBA. They are one of the better teams in the league when they prove it when it matters, not after they prove it in a 5 game stretch to start the season.

Saying they owned the best record in the league and saying they are the best team in the NBA are two different things. Saying they are better than Miami makes you or anyone who says that a homer. You say nobody said the Knicks should be handled the title, but we had people in here saying they had a high seed locked up after 5 games lol, we also had people saying they are better than the defending champion Heat who most accept are the best team in the league

No I don't seem surprised at all, I expect this sort of ridiculousness from Knicks fans, just like I'd expect it from Montreal or Toronto fans if they started a season 5-0 and we'd be hearing all sorts of rubbish. 5 games in and the hype machine was in full effect, I don't have any ill wishes on the Knicks themselves. There's being happy your team is doing well after going through a rough patch, then there's being a ridiculous homer declaring your team the best in the league 5 games into the season.

The Cardinals started the season 4-0, I guess you thought they were one of the best teams in the NFL since it's all about the standings to you right? I for one knew they were a rubbish team despite being 4-0, low and behold 6 weeks later they are 4-6, and no, that doesn't mean I'm saying the Knicks are rubbish.

There's little point going back and forth with you, so there's never going to be a reasonable outcome from this discussion. You at the very least can concede that Miami are still the top dogs in the East, more than we can say for your comrade.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 11-25-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: removed some flaming
Old
11-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Since when does someone being a detriment to the team mean they are a "headcase"? so all bad players are headcases in your book?

Old
11-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Clowe Me

Old
11-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Since when does someone being a detriment to the team mean they are a "headcase"? so all bad players are headcases in your book?
Unless they're on the Knicks, of course.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:31 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
He's the softest player in the NBA. A pf that grabs 4 rebounds a game, doesn't know the word defense and chucks up 3 pointers all game long.

He's quickly falling out of favor in Toronto.

I meant a headcase. Sure Bargnani is a detriment in that he's soft, rebounds poorly and doesnt play much D but that's the type of player he is. I guess Dwight Howard is a detriment to his team because he can't make free throws.

Bargnani isn't a headcase like Tortorella is saying. Headcase is someone like Ron Artest.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:10 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
I'm not implying it's a fluke at all though, you're just reading what you want to read. What people are saying is that it's a small sample size to be leaping to ridiculous conclusions of the Knicks are the best team in the NBA. They are one of the better teams in the league when they prove it when it matters, not after they prove it in a 5 game stretch to start the season.

Saying they owned the best record in the league and saying they are the best team in the NBA are two different things. Saying they are better than Miami makes you or anyone who says that a homer. You say nobody said the Knicks should be handled the title, but we had people in here saying they had a high seed locked up after 5 games lol, we also had people saying they are better than the defending champion Heat who most accept are the best team in the league

No I don't seem surprised at all, I expect this sort of ridiculousness from Knicks fans, just like I'd expect it from Montreal or Toronto fans if they started a season 5-0 and we'd be hearing all sorts of rubbish. 5 games in and the hype machine was in full effect, I don't have any ill wishes on the Knicks themselves. There's being happy your team is doing well after going through a rough patch, then there's being a ridiculous homer declaring your team the best in the league 5 games into the season.

The Cardinals started the season 4-0, I guess you thought they were one of the best teams in the NFL since it's all about the standings to you right? I for one knew they were a rubbish team despite being 4-0, low and behold 6 weeks later they are 4-6, and no, that doesn't mean I'm saying the Knicks are rubbish.

There's little point going back and forth with you, you're a homer, Tortorella is a homer, so there's never going to be a reasonable outcome from this discussion. You at the very least can concede that Miami are still the top dogs in the East, more than we can say for your comrade.

Oh, so I see how it goes. It's perfectly fine for people to discredit the Knicks start despite their best start in 18 years. Nothing "homerish" about that. Nope.

Again, I don't see how pointing out that the Knicks had the best record in the league is turning a blind eye, especially when you consider their schedule and doing so well with two key players injured.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:23 AM
awfulwaffle

Suns are averaging 100 pts a game, but are giving up 103 a game. Not a good stat for success. God I hate Sarver, somebody please buy the Coyotes, and if that doesn't happen, please god please someone pay Sarver a lot of money to get the **** out.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Nope. Most draft busts are/guys who were projected to be franchise players. Rodney Stuckey is another headcase in Detroit and they need to cut ties with him asap. Michael Beasley with the Heat, Greg Oden with the Blazers, etc

Old
11-25-2012, 01:24 PM
StringerBell

Dunk of the year so far.

Closed Thread