HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Prospects only you think can make it as a star

Old
10-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Greg Pateryn, he seems to be build to play in the NHL.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Morgan Ellis because he's Morgan Ellis

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
Zach trotman. Last overall pick in the 2010 draft. Big Mobile defensemen with a good shot. I think he'll be a top 4 defensmen with a chance to make an all star game or 2 in several years
You know I went to highschool and had a few classes with this kid. I still to this day find it hilarious that not only was he drafted, but that some people actually have expectations for him to make it to the NHL.

Never once when I saw him play did I think he was the best player on the ice, or even the team. I believe only 2 other guys from my graduating class went on to play college hockey and even then it was only DIII, maybe DII. All that said it has been almost 4 years so who knows how much the guy has improved. I most certainly could be wrong about him and I would be pulling for him if I wasn't a Sabre's fan.

Fly Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:25 PM
smitty10

Oilers' prospect David Musil is very underrated. I think he'll be a great shutdown guy one day. Nothing flashy, but a rock solid defenseman who can contribute offensively from time-to-time and eat up a ton of minutes against the leagues best players. It'll likely take him a year or so in the AHL before he's ready for the show, but he'll be good. He showed how good he could be last year at the WJC and will likely captain the Czech team as an improved, shutdown guy this year. Can't wait to see him take on the world's best again!

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:27 PM
R S

vCash: 1000
Two guys for me.

Adam Lowry.

Coda Gordon.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

I have two guys that come to mind , Marek Hrivik and Roman Will. I've watched them both of these underrated guys play a ton of hockey. Hrivik is a left winger and recently signed an ELC with the Rangers. You can expect him to turn heads this season for the Whalers. He's very strong skater with smoothe hands and is hard to contain for dmen because he's so slippery and strong for his frame. He also plays a solid 2-way game and isn't a liability defensively. He's a good vocal leader and one the of the classiest juniors player I've seen in a while. Roman Will is goaltender who went undrafted in the 2012 NHL draft but was noticed by scouts who had him pegged #20 among North American goaltenders. He had a stellar season on a weak Moncton squad last season boasting .913 sav% and a 2.77GAA. He plays a similar style as St.Louis goaltender Jaroslav Halak and is even better than Halak at the ages of 17 , 18 and 19 . IMO, he was the 4th best goalie taken in last this year's draft behind only Vasilevski , Subban and Dansk. He was taken in the KHL draft so hopefully he can get some exposure and get offered a contract in NA which is where he dreams to play. So far this season he's suited up for 8 games in the Czech2 league for BK Mlada Boleslav boasting a 1.19GAA and .959sav% ! He too is a very nice person and super classy hockey player.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Rhino Reilly
That D Biz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Since the first time I saw Zharkov I thought he was gonna be something special. I'm not the only one but meh. Suck it.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

I'm probably not the only one in Slovakia, but for me it's Martin Rway. Currently playing his first season for Gatineau Olympiques in QMJHL.

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Three players come to my mind

Dustin Tokarski

Garrett Meurs (Not top 6 forward, but a solid 3rd liner.)

Brendan Dillon

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
You know I went to highschool and had a few classes with this kid. I still to this day find it hilarious that not only was he drafted, but that some people actually have expectations for him to make it to the NHL.

Never once when I saw him play did I think he was the best player on the ice, or even the team. I believe only 2 other guys from my graduating class went on to play college hockey and even then it was only DIII, maybe DII. All that said it has been almost 4 years so who knows how much the guy has improved. I most certainly could be wrong about him and I would be pulling for him if I wasn't a Sabre's fan.
He had a hat trick in the first Providence Bruins scrimmage and from most accounts has improved every year since he was drafted. He should compete for playing time in the AHL this year. I wouldn't say I think he'll be a star defense men but considering his draft slot, regular time in the top 6 would be a good story.

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:01 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 81
Brendan Gallagher

Love his game, very complete I think he could be a 1st line player.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Joseph LaBate, not a star but a solid 2nd/3rd liner. He's got a good toolkit with size, skill and speed.

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Two years ago it was Roman Josi, but everyone is starting to catch on to him. Now, Zoltan Hetenyi

Undrafted invite to Preds prospect camp. As a goalie myself, I went to watch Hellberg (disappointing showing from him, but that's another story), and was quickly distracted by this guy. Reminds me a ton of Tim Thomas as far as style goes. Not the biggest (spoiled by Rinne/Lindback/Hellberg), but he is built like a tank and plays very aggressively. Preds affiliate immedietly signed him to an AHL deal. This guy can be an NHL goalie some day.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

For the Sabres I would say Alex Lepkowski. He's a local guy, big bodied defenceman and you don't expect points from him at all, just there to intimidate which is always good.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Droj

Matthew Beattie

6'3'' played on the same team as brian hart. Scored 39 goals, 35 assists in 28 games in his last year in the USHS. He's playing at Yale this year. At this point, he's a pure offense player, with questionable skating. He's got a great shot, and great stick handling kind of in the kovalchuk mold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjhXLnZce9U

(warning the movie linked, has just awful music)

Droj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Montecristo

matt mangene. Played both D and F at Umaine and can absolutely fly. I think he has Trevor Daley upside in terms of his skating, maybe can add a little more explosive offense to his game as well and be a dynamic middle pairing D.

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Two guys for me.

Adam Lowry.

Coda Gordon.
Why, if you don't mind me asking?

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Pellegrino

Mikael Vikstrand and Simon Bertilsson.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
CBJ's Mike Reilly. PP wizard
He's been noticed by CBJ fans, and folks are being cautiously optimistic, on the theory that we can afford optimism because we have so many quality blueline prospects that our hopes won't be shattered if one of the boom-or-bust ones slips.

And on the original topic... I'm the founding member, president, treasurer, secretary, and chief recruiting officer of the TJ Tynan Will Be An NHL Star fan club.
Then again, the last player prospect I was this badly obsessed with was Andrei Plekhanov.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 07:02 PM
hairylikebear
///////////////

A lot of people consider Jason Zucker a blue chip prospect, but I don't see many people projecting him as a first liner.

Yet he's remarkably similar to Parise. I have to believe he has superstar potential.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Habssupporter

Okay , I'll bite. I really like Christopher Clapperton from the Armada in the Q. I was sure someone would take a late flyer on him at last years draft but he went undrafted. Rumors are he grew a bit this summer from 5''09 to 5'10.5 and IIRC he got an invite to a camp (the flyers i think not sure here).

Anyway realllly like his skillset and hockeysense. he's not the fastest or the most physical but he's not afraid to go in the corners and gets up after every hit. I think he could go from a ppg player in the Q to scoring close to 100 points this year for the Armada.

Habssupporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 07:29 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
I'm probably not the only one in Slovakia, but for me it's Martin Rway. Currently playing his first season for Gatineau Olympiques in QMJHL.
The "Czech Crosby" is making an immediate impact with Gatineau. Can't wait to see him play live. He and Barbashev will make for an interesting game ! Although I don't think he fits in this category because almost everyone knows he's going to be a special player.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
A91

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Since the first time I saw Zharkov I thought he was gonna be something special. I'm not the only one but meh. Suck it.
Came here to post this

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 09:19 PM
R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Why, if you don't mind me asking?
Smart and knows where to go to score goals. Skating is still a work in progress, to say the least.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 09:22 PM
CarvinSigX
The Toilet

Rattie, but not with the Blues. I think he'll be traded to someone like Pittsburgh that has excess defence. Put him alongside Crosby and let him flourish.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote