HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Paajarvi to NJ

Old
10-11-2012, 11:24 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
We've acknowledged several times (in this thread, too, even) that our D is three solid groups of 2nd-pairing-caliber guys. Our 1st-pairing D is the line that's on the ice.

And "just because" we made it to the Finals, we think our D is good? That's like saying "just because" a team scores the most goals in the league, they have the best offense. You're acting as if these correlations are illogical...

Hopefully for the Oilers' sake, keeping their prospects works out for them. But Tallinder or Greene would significantly improve their D corps, whether Oilers fans want to accept that or not.
Which one of the Oilers D would they replace.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
What is good for him? Last season, he scored 36 points in 48 games last season in the AHL, with 11 of those points in 14 games in the playoffs. 0.75 PPG? He was on pace for top 20 in the AHL as a 20 year old (b. April 12th)

What does a good season look like for him? 1.0 PPG? (That would put him in the top #3 in the AHL last season.) 1.1PPG?

How much of a bump is playing with Eberle and Hall going to be? How much harder will the AHL be, with young NHL defenders?
Good question, I guess more along the lines of keeping up and them feeding off him as well would be a good start to show he belongs with NHL caliber. After that an improvement statistically should be in order. How much? No idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I think the problem is peoples expectations. He's not going to be an elite offensive player but he should be able to pot 30-40 points regularly and 50 in a good year. He'll be a third line LW with above average defensive ability, top end speed and a big body to go along with his work ethic and good attitude.

He's already proven to be one of the best defensive players on an NHL roster at a young age. He scored at .75 ppg in the AHL last year which is pretty much in line with a third line NHL winger. I expect him to be somewhere around .8 ppg playing with Eberle and RNH but I don't expect him to get much time on that line... Hall will be back in 10-14 days and I can't imagine he'd be playing under MPS.
Well, his trade value is being treated as if he has realistic top 6 upside. If you say he's realistically a 3rd liner then why are people saying "big 5"? That's why I asked the question in first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I think that it would make me start to wonder if he has a good chance of reaching a top 6 upside TBH. That said he was on their line for a short stretch last year (a couple of periods IIRC) and that line looked pretty good but RNH and Eberle were playing a 2 man game for the most part. In this instance he has gotten practice time with them and should get at least a handful of games with them. I am looking forward to seeing what he's able to do playing with them.
I do too, hopefully he keeps up and starts showing some flashes of his potential again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Sort of a tricky observation to make though. Playing with Eberle and RNH in the AHL should be like playing with the Sedins. If you're not producing on a line with the Sedins, it's because the Sedins aren't producing.
It definitely is tricky but at same time it's not that simple either. If the guy can't produce on his own in the AHL then Sedin effect or not, there's a problem.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 03:57 AM
The Green Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
What is really sad is that just because NJ made the finals, some Devil fans think their D are all 1st pairing D.
Exaggeration.

You're acting as if Edmonton's defence didn't need any improvement besides an Elite defence-man. And seeing the load of talent in Oilers' forwards line-up that would mean that Edmonton should already be a playoffs contender. Let's be realistic please !

Once again, Oilers may keep Paajarvi all they want, no worries. On the other hand, to claim that reliable, experienced, solid in their own zone defence-men have just no room in Edmonton's defensive line-up is extremely absurd.

The Green Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 06:03 AM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I'll take him.
I think there was a thread a little while back where most Buf/NJ fans agreed on Adam + 3rd, or something like that, for Tallinder. And then Buffalo would ship Leopold to someone for something...
I think it was Adam+2nd, but, yes, we'd still do that deal. I would, at least. I've always liked
Adam.

SpeakingOfTheDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 06:12 AM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

Quote:
Which one of the Oilers D would they replace.
He would definitely leapfrog the Petry/Peckham/Potter cluste. Beyond that is just speculation. He probably wouldn't be a lock for your top pairing, but he would definitely be a competent 2nd-pairing for the Oilers.

Old
10-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
Sad oilers fans can't see why defence-men like Greene or tallinder would be quite helpful to their team. I don't care about Devils getting MPS personally, but besides NJD, Edmonton is my 2nd favourite team. I couldn't be more honest, either greene or henrik would make the oilers a lot better.
The problem with dealing Paajarvi for a guy like Greene or Tallinder is that even if it makes some sense in the short run, it is not a move that fits with the teams long term goals. Tallinder is 34 in January and has only one more year left on his deal if this season is lost. Greene is about to turn 30.

How would either fit in long term?

Tallinder as a shutdown guy is already essentially duplicated with N. Schultz who is about 4 years younger and who seems to really like Edmonton.

Greene I'd match up with Whitney, who is suppose to be healthy for the first time in years. Not saying their games are identical but I don't think one can argue that at their best Greene is better than Whitney.

The point here is that the Oilers do not have to give up any assets to keep the Schultz or Whitney. So for this trade to work out long term either Tallinder or Greene would have to at the very least be significantly better in say three years than one of Smid, Petry, Klefbom or Justin Schultz. And that is assuming there would be no FA options or other deals out there later on.

Neither of these guys would make a significant difference in the Oilers fortunes over the next couple of years. And while I agree they are solid NHL calibre defensemen, the Oilers are not one player of this type away from doing any damage. What they need is time for the players they currently have in the system to mature and to fill any significant holes that remain for the longer term.

Paajarvi may or may not reach his potential. But if he does he could very well be a significant piece in the core for quite sometime. Both Greene and Tallinder would likely be short term fixes.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Fourier

Quote:
He would definitely leapfrog the Petry/Peckham/Potter cluste. Beyond that is just speculation. He probably wouldn't be a lock for your top pairing, but he would definitely be a competent 2nd-pairing for the Oilers.
In the Petry/Peckham/Potter cluster one of these three is not like the other. Petry had a break out year last year. Especially over the last half of the season.

The Oilers would certainly not trade Petry for either Tallinder or Greene.

Quote:
We've acknowledged several times (in this thread, too, even) that our D is three solid groups of 2nd-pairing-caliber guys. Our 1st-pairing D is the line that's on the ice.

And "just because" we made it to the Finals, we think our D is good? That's like saying "just because" a team scores the most goals in the league, they have the best offense. You're acting as if these correlations are illogical...

Hopefully for the Oilers' sake, keeping their prospects works out for them. But Tallinder or Greene would significantly improve their D corps, whether Oilers fans want to accept that or not.
Here is the problem with the case you are making in the abstract. The Oilers came within one game of winning the cup in 2006 with a defense that in addition to Pronger consisted of guys like Steve Staios, Jaroslav Spacek, Marc-Andre Bergeron. Matt Greene and Dick Tarnstrom. So just because your team made it to the finals does not mean that a particular defensemen on that team would make a significant impact on a lesser team.

At this stage Tallinder and Greene may well be better than some of the Oiler defensemen. But not by so much as to make that much difference in the win-loss column. Neither are impact players.

Last edited by Fourier: 10-12-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old
10-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Here is the problem with the case you are making in the abstract. The Oilers came within one game of winning the cup in 2006 with a defense that in addition to Pronger consisted of guys like Steve Staios, Jaroslav Spacek, Marc-Andre Bergeron. Matt Greene and Dick Tarnstrom. So just because your team made it to the finals does not mean that a particular defensemen on that team would make a significant impact on a lesser team.

At this stage Tallinder and Greene may well be better than some of the Oiler defensemen. But not by so much as to make that much difference in the win-loss column. Neither are impact players.
You're obviously recognizing the fact that Tallinder will help your team out, even if it is for one maybe two seasons. So, what would you realistically pay for him? Devils need forwards, NHL players or prospects.

Paajarvi for Tallinder might be pretty fair, maybe Devils might add some sort of conditional. However, that's only if the Oilers were in a position to make a run, and Tallinder could fill a much needed hole. By the way, Tallinder may be a shutdown defensemen, but he does have a good all-around game. He's like a Lidstrom-lite-lite-lite, where he isn't amazing at everything, but he is good at everything. You could use him on the PP, PK, any situation, for a while Devils used him for 4-on-3s in OT.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:28 AM
tempest2i
You and Whose Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
You're obviously recognizing the fact that Tallinder will help your team out, even if it is for one maybe two seasons. So, what would you realistically pay for him? Devils need forwards, NHL players or prospects.

Paajarvi for Tallinder might be pretty fair, maybe Devils might add some sort of conditional. However, that's only if the Oilers were in a position to make a run, and Tallinder could fill a much needed hole. By the way, Tallinder may be a shutdown defensemen, but he does have a good all-around game. He's like a Lidstrom-lite-lite-lite, where he isn't amazing at everything, but he is good at everything. You could use him on the PP, PK, any situation, for a while Devils used him for 4-on-3s in OT.
Tallinder is 33 and makes 3.375M against the cap and is signed for two seasons? Ugh, I'm not really interested in taking that contract on, especially when the Oil have Smid and Gagner to sign. If the top end of the cap doesn't increase (next season) after this round of the CBA, Tallinder's contract looks even worse on the books.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:40 AM
victor

Quote:
I can't see Edmonton moving a 20 year old player like Paajarvi for two seasons of help, within the next two seasons. They've spent the last three years in a "scorched earth" rebuild, and are slowly integrating the parts they've already acquired. I'd suggest that they're planning on having a quality team 3-5 years from now, not next season.

From a defense perspective, Edmonton has Smid and Petry as a strong pairing (Petry had top minutes as a rookie, and played very well,) Whitney appears to be healthy, Nick Schultz as a shutdown defender, Justin Schultz as the new rookie on the powerplay, and Peckham and Sutton as the "goons, hired goons."

Not a burning need to move a player like Paajarvi. Would move a 2nd tier prospect like Omark, though.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
What is really sad is that just because NJ made the finals, some Devil fans think their D are all 1st pairing D.
Nobody has made that claim. We are well aware that the Devils do not have a true #1, not until Larsson turns into one. The Devils' strength in the playoffs was that all of their defencemen were at least second pairing calibre. When you have three middle pairings, it's tough or impossible for the opponent to ever catch a weak pairing out against their top line.

We also know that Edmonton's weakness is not in their stacked group of elite young forwards, it is in their defence and goaltending. It is therefore highly illogical for Oilers fans to claim that two of the best defencemen on the Devils wouldn't make the Oilers.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:57 AM
tempest2i
You and Whose Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It is therefore highly illogical for Oilers fans to claim that two of the best defencemen on the Devils wouldn't make the Oilers.
It's not a case of "the Oilers don't need better D". It's a case of already having 8 D signed and not really having the space to add more guys on D. The Oil would need to trade or waive both Peckham and Potter to make room for a D man. A short term band aid on the blue line might be nice, but it's not worth derailing a long term plan.

There's more going on than just "The D sucked last season, lets bring in some better players"

Last edited by tempest2i: 10-12-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: edited for clarification.
tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 09:13 AM
victor

Quote:
We also know that Edmonton's weakness is not in their stacked group of elite young forwards, it is in their defence and goaltending. It is therefore highly illogical for Oilers fans to claim that two of the best defencemen on the Devils wouldn't make the Oilers.
It's not even the defence and goaltending.

Goaltending is fine, if not spectacular. Dubnyk's stats were good (914sp, 20wins, 20losses, 2so's in his first year carrying half a season.) Over a full season, he'd probably play 60-65 games.

For defence, Edmonton has Smid and Petry, who played remarkably well last season. Petry had 25 points, and led the defence in time on ice with 21:45. Smid was a plus player with 15 points - combined, they were a strong pairing.

They had Whitney who was injured (and according to media reports,) has healed, who was remarkably poor at the beginning of the season, and improved as the season went on. He went from 16-18 minutes a night at the beginning of the season, to a high of 26:27 against the eventual Stanley cup champion LA Kings on April 2nd. They had Nick Schultz since the trading deadline. Simple, effective defender. Sutton, who (aside from, occasional suspensions for dirty play) was very effective. All of the above players are returning, along with Theo Peckham, who clearly fell into the Sophmore (I know how to play this game) jinx.

All seven players are returning this season - and one more. Justin Schultz will be playing in Edmonton this upcoming season.

Pick up another defender, and you'd have to waive one. Paajarvi and Peckham lost for two years of Tallinder? Not likely.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:25 AM
The Green Unit

Quote:

Goaltending is fine, if not spectacular. Dubnyk's stats were good (914sp, 20wins, 20losses, 2so's in his first year carrying half a season.) Over a full season, he'd probably play 60-65 games.

For defence, Edmonton has Smid and Petry, who played remarkably well last season. Petry had 25 points, and led the defence in time on ice with 21:45. Smid was a plus player with 15 points - combined, they were a strong pairing.

They had Whitney who was injured (and according to media reports,) has healed, who was remarkably poor at the beginning of the season, and improved as the season went on. He went from 16-18 minutes a night at the beginning of the season, to a high of 26:27 against the eventual Stanley cup champion LA Kings on April 2nd. They had Nick Schultz since the trading deadline. Simple, effective defender. Sutton, who (aside from, occasional suspensions for dirty play) was very effective. All of the above players are returning, along with Theo Peckham, who clearly fell into the Sophmore (I know how to play this game) jinx.

All seven players are returning this season - and one more. Justin Schultz will be playing in Edmonton this upcoming season.

Pick up another defender, and you'd have to waive one. Paajarvi and Peckham lost for two years of Tallinder? Not likely.
Got it now. Basically Oilers have no real weakness. Goaltending is fine, defence is as deep as underrated added to one of the most explosive offense out there. You guys should be quite angry there's a lock-out, such an optimistic season is getting ruined.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:33 AM
victor

Quote:
Got it now. Basically Oilers have no real weakness. Goaltending is fine, defence is as deep as underrated added to one of the most explosive offense out there. You guys should be quite angry there's a lock-out, such an optimistic season is getting ruined.
Rebuilding teams don't dump young players for quick-fixes.

That said - how does a team with the 3rd best powerplay in the league, 14th best penalty kill, 20th best goals per game, and 23rd best goals against per game, get the first overall pick for the third year in a row?

Just lucky, I guess.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Fourier

Quote:

I've watched Tallinder a fair bit. One of the conseqeunces of living within a stones throw of the "Center of the Universe" is that like it or not I get exposed to a lot of Maple Leaf games. Buffalo is a natural rival, so I have seen a lot of Leaf-Sabre games over the years.

He would not see much if any pp time on the Oilers unless injuries strike. The Oilers will almost for sure run with 4 forwards on their pp and he would be behind Petry, J. Schultz and Whitney at least. My guess is that they felt they had to go with two dmen at some point on the pp he might also be behind Smid who, despite his statistics is actually a decent puck mover. (Smid has shown signs last year and early this year that his long missing offensive game might actually have some life in it. )

No doubt he could be used on the pk but really the Oilers pk was actually pretty good last year. N. Schultz and Smid are both really solid. And old Andy Sutton was very effective on the pk. In fact, while he was generally terrible at ES last year Peckham was also a solid pk'er. So Tallinder may be an upgrade, but not so much that he would be worth much in trade to a team whose best years are in front of it.

The real problem is that the Oilers are very high on Klefbom, Petry and J. Schultz. These kids will get a chance to show their stuff. So with Whitney, Smid and N. Schultz already in place the Tallinder does not bring enough to the Oilers going forward for a deal to make sense. I would be surprised if the Oilers would be willing to give up anything that would interest the Devils in the least. Certainly not Paajarvi.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:14 AM
The Green Unit

Quote:
Rebuilding teams don't dump young players for quick-fixes.

That said - how does a team with the 3rd best powerplay in the league, 14th best penalty kill, 20th best goals per game, and 23rd best goals against per game, get the first overall pick for the third year in a row?

Just lucky, I guess.
It's even more surprising to get how the Devils managed to finish 9th in goals against (with serious goaltending issues for the first 30 games of the season at minimum), 2nd in shots against per game and finally best penalty kill (new NHL record : .896%) with such a terrible defensive corps.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:30 AM
victor

Quote:
It's even more surprising to get how the Devils managed to finish 9th in goals against (with serious goaltending issues for the first 30 games of the season at minimum), 2nd in shots against per game and finally best penalty kill (new NHL record : .896%) with such a terrible defensive corps.
I don't see anyone calling the NJD defense terrible, although I often hear the calls that Edmonton "tanked" to get higher picks. Down by one? Throw Belanger out there on the powerplay. Up by one? Potter on the penalty kill. Pretty impressive job, and they stayed committed to it. I can't see them stepping away from the plan now.

In the last 5 drafts, Edmonton has drafted 17 forwards, 11 defencemen, and 4 goaltenders. The forwards have quickly been added to the NHL team (Eberle, Hartikainen, Paajarvi, Lander, Hall, Hopkins, and soon to be Yakupov.) The defenders are going to take longer to develop, but Edmonton's just beginning to see the returns on their investments.

There are 7 slots for defenders on most teams, and Edmonton's been giving 2 slots to rookies. Sometimes (Petry) you get what looks to be a great young defender, more often (Peckham, Potter) you do not. Will Schultz (or Klefbom, or Musil, or Gernat, or Marincin) turn into great defenders? Don't know, will have to wait to find out.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Then it's somewhat tough to explain why the Oilers are in the cellar still. Your coaching can't be that bad, and you're not having trouble scoring with that group of forwards. Makes it a bit obvious what the weak link must be.

If the defence and goaltending weren't a problem, the Oilers would be a winning team. I think you're slightly overrating the effectiveness of the defenders you have, and you're also very optimistic about the speed at which your defensive prospects will become capable NHL defenders.

Please understand that I am not arguing that the Oilers should trade for Tallinder or Greene. I understand perfectly well that you have too many NHL defencemen under contract already. The Devils have the same surplus. I am simply saying that WeirdAl's assertion that Greene and Tallinder are not better than any of their counterparts on the Oilers' defence is an absurd claim.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Then it's somewhat tough to explain why the Oilers are in the cellar still. Your coaching can't be that bad, and you're not having trouble scoring with that group of forwards. Makes it a bit obvious what the weak link must be.

If the defence and goaltending weren't a problem, the Oilers would be a winning team. I think you're slightly overrating the effectiveness of the defenders you have, and you're also very optimistic about the speed at which your defensive prospects will become capable NHL defenders.

Please understand that I am not arguing that the Oilers should trade for Tallinder or Greene. I understand perfectly well that you have too many NHL defencemen under contract already. The Devils have the same surplus. I am simply saying that WeirdAl's assertion that Greene and Tallinder are not better than any of their counterparts on the Oilers' defence is an absurd claim.
That group of forwards did have trouble scoring. In fact secondary scoring was a huge issue, particularly when Nuge or Hall were out. The addition of Yakupov and any sort of resurgence of Hemsky should help a lot. But just as much, if Schultz is anywhere close to what he looks to be and if Whitney can regain most of his game then the Oilers should be able to score a fair bit more than they did last year.

They had only 212 goals last year (20th). They were 23rd in GA with 239 (excluding shout outs) but that number included 12 EN goals. This gave them an over all goal differential of -27 (23rd ) that was 49 better than last year. 10 more goals for and 10 more goals against and the Oilers are in the middle of the pack.

Defensively, this team had three distinct seasons. The first 15games where the goaltending was out of this world and even defensemen like Potter looked solid. They went 9-4-2 in this strecth

The last 25 or so games where they basically had their current defense (minus Schultz) including a Ryan Whitney that while no where near the top of his game was light years better than the statue who started the season. In this segment the team was about .500 (10-11-4) and played well defensively. If they had a problem it was putting the puck in the net.

In both the early segment and the latter segment the team lost a lot of one goal games or two goal games where the opposition scored a late EN goal.

Then there was the middle 42 games where injuries/suspensions saw the Oilers field pretty much an AHL defense. Khabibulin pretty much lost every game he played in this stretch, though Dubnyk actually played quite well. Smyth hit a wall and the team played without RNH and Hall for quite a few games. It was frustrating to watch.

What this stretch showed is that at this stage the Oilers depth at the NHl level is pencil thin. At full strength a goal here and a goal there and it could be a winning season. But things have to go just right. That is the catch 22 they are in, especially on defense. They need to give the kids the time they need to grow, but there are not that many free roster spots for veteran depth because they have so many good kids on the rise.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:33 PM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

Quote:

Per usual, Saugus delivers the truth eloquently and respectfully. This captures the crux of what I've been trying to convey in my posts in the thread.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Suppose MPS looks average at best during his time with RNH and Eberle, does his stock officially drop at that point?
As I said in my post he is at worst a 3rd line left wing which the team will need when Smyth is done in a couple years. At best he is a top 6 left wing with size which the team also needs now and the future.

So unless he has like zero points and is -30 his value will stay high to the Oilers. Key word being to. Im sure if he is not point per game in the AHL there will be those who call him a bust or say I told you so but his stock would still be high, maybe not as high as now but still

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Sad oilers fans can't see why defence-men like Greene or tallinder would be quite helpful to their team. I don't care about Devils getting MPS personally, but besides NJD, Edmonton is my 2nd favourite team. I couldn't be more honest, either greene or henrik would make the oilers a lot better.
Because not giving up a top prospect - cant fathom dmen having value

Maybe just maybe oiler fans think the prices for average dmen are too high and the team has been crap for 3 years, why rush now when Klefbom, Smid, Petry, Schultz can all further develop

Old
10-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Jamin

Quote:
As someone who watched like 80 games last year even mentioning Petry in the same cluster as Potter or Peckham is a joke.

Petry was really starting to develop last year and played over 20 minutes a game multiple times and had decently respectable stats whereas Potter will be in the AHL for the rest of his career and Peckham has one more chance to establish himself as a 3rd pairing rugged stay at home dman.

One of these is not like the others and even watching like 3 oiler games would have been enough to see that

Last edited by Jamin: 10-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old
10-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
What am I reading here....Tallinder and Greene wouldn't make the Oilers defense? This is positively ludicrous. Tallinder faced the hardest competition, had the worst OZone start while posting a respectable on ice corsi in the NHL's toughest division. Looking at Edmonton's roster Smid and Petry looks to be the only comparables in two way play. I would go the benefit of the doubt with Tallinder.

Oilers fans acting as if their management will not trade Paajarvi? The Oilers are one of the worst managed team in the NHL, even the more intelligent Oilers fans at copper and blue will admit this.

NJ will build their team similarly to that of Nashville going forward by the strength of their defense. Going into a short season sprint with 7 defrensmen will help their chances of going to the playoffs.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote