HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Slava Kozlov trade

Old
10-21-2012, 06:28 PM
MayDay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
That's an interesting opinion. A rare one too. There are a few others I can think of who were worse than ol' Slava.
Not just talking about his play or his performance.

If you include also the attitude, the trashing of the city, the feuding with the coach, the poor relationship with the press and with fans, the context of his acquisition (the return for the best player in the world at the time) and his departure (losing him for basically nothng)...

I definitely consider Kozlov the worst Sabre of all time, taking it all into account.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
If Ruff hates Russians, it's because of Kozlov.
I think the Kalinin and Afinogenov relationships may have had just as much to do with whatever skepticism Ruff has about Russian players. However, it's hard for me to buy the unequivocal theory that Ruff hates all Russian players when he relied on Zhitnik as his # 1 defenseman for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Slava Kozlov: Worst Sabre...EVER
I don't know - Andy Delmore, Adam Creighton and Andrew Peters would be stiff competition for that title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
It's pathetic that our GM made that deal... Particularly after playing hardball with Peca.
Considering that the Peca trade for Connolly/Pyatt was just as questionable in terms of the Sabres getting fair value in return for a captain and Selke winner, and that the Hasek trade happened just weeks after the Peca deal, I think Regier's judgement was clouded by both emotion and fatigue from the Peca holdout. It sounded at the time like he felt he owed it to Hasek to honor his wish for all the years Hasek carried the team on his back. The hypocrisy though was annoying as you noted. After being ripped by fans and media for not showing any compassion with Peca, it seemed Rigas and Regier didn't want to come off as stubborn or hardliners with Hasek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
If they hardballed Hasek like they did Peca, they would have been crucified locally.
Without a doubt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
Again, I've never blamed Hasek. The Sabres had just screwed the organization big, by playing hardball with their captain (Peca) for over a year, then shipping him out. I would if done the same if I was in his shoes.
I understood Hasek's frustration at the time - but, after always emphasizing in interviews his loyalty to the organization and love of the city, it was still frustrating to see him do a 180 and stick it to them with the trade demand.

Last edited by Sabretip: 10-25-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote