HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Lockout: Ducks abroad! (Beleskey signs with Coventry Blaze)

Old
01-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
With the season being saved and players coming back, how has our players looked over seas? Mainly talking about Fowler and Sbisa, and if they've improved their play.
I can't tell you how they looked but Fowler had 2 goals, 5 assists and was +8 in 13 games in the Allsvenskan and Sbisa had 5 goals, 7 assists and was -1 in 30 games in the NLA. Neither set the world on fire statistically but I wouldn't read into that much.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I can't tell you how they looked but Fowler had 2 goals, 5 assists and was +8 in 13 games in the Allsvenskan and Sbisa had 5 goals, 7 assists and was -1 in 30 games in the NLA. Neither set the world on fire statistically but I wouldn't read into that much.
I'm glad Fowler was a plus 8, even though that stat doesn't mean much, it still shows he's improved.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Elvs

I heard Sodertaljes coach talk about the effects this will have on his team (on Radio). He said Fowler was a good player for them and that they'll miss his skill level.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
It doesn't show that. It shows he was on the ice for more goals for than against. We won't know if he's improved or not until we see him.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
It doesn't show that. It shows he was on the ice for more goals for than against. We won't know if he's improved or not until we see him.
Yep, though I'm sure that he's a little better as a function of age. I'm more curious how much he weighed when he was there. I'm hoping that a few more pounds of muscle are there.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:23 PM
AngelDuck

I'm pretty much just glad that Fowler played those games. Better than sitting on his ass wasting 30 games of development

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Yep, though I'm sure that he's a little better as a function of age. I'm more curious how much he weighed when he was there. I'm hoping that a few more pounds of muscle are there.
Yeah, he has the build to be an effective physical presence with some more meat on him. He's better built for that than Niedermayer was, for example, and Scotty could really nail them when he wanted to. Hopefully this is Cam's junior breakout after a bit of a sophomore slump.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Anyone hope that this new CBA will fix the Justin Schultz loophole? I'm still kinda pissed the whole fiasco still. I mean at least give us our draft pick back. I think the CBA needs to fix this issue.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Anyone hope that this new CBA will fix the Justin Schultz loophole? I'm still kinda pissed the whole fiasco still. I mean at least give us our draft pick back. I think the CBA needs to fix this issue.
Not sure if that loophole was fixed, but you can rest assured we will not get any compensation for something that has already happened. The damage is done and is irreparable.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Not sure if that loophole was fixed, but you can rest assured we will not get any compensation for something that has already happened. The damage is done and is irreparable.
I'm personally hoping for compensation every time Getzlaf and Schultz are on the ice together.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Don't want compensation really. I just want the loophole fixed so no other team gets screwed like we did.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I'm personally hoping for compensation every time Getzlaf and Schultz are on the ice together.
Schultz... Staubitz

sounds similar

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:34 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I still don't see it as a loophole. Or how people can expect compensation. Want is a different thing, as it does leave a bad taste in your mouth. But that has more to do with how Schultz went about it rather than what he did.

If a draft pick doesn't sign after four years, he becomes a UFA. It's as simple as that. If it were a CHL guy then he would have been put into the draft at 2 years, but if he were drafted again the same outcome would happen (UFA). College guys just don't have that intermediate step.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote