HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Lockout: Ducks abroad! (Beleskey signs with Coventry Blaze)

Old
12-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Source?
https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/...77133243277312

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Hmm, weird. I can't find anything about this in any Finnish forum etc. I know this rumor has been around for sometimes since TPS is Saku's old team and his brother already had a short visit there. We shall see.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:04 AM
LOFIN

Quote:
Hmm, weird. I can't find anything about this in any Finnish forum etc. I know this rumor has been around for sometimes since TPS is Saku's old team and his brother already had a short visit there. We shall see.
He was already at HK-Areena in the TPS-Jokerit match. Some media interviewed him during one intermision, and he told that he will start training with TPS next week and will sign for them maybe after Christmas.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:51 AM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post
He was already at HK-Areena in the TPS-Jokerit match. Some media interviewed him during one intermision, and he told that he will start training with TPS next week and will sign for them maybe after Christmas.
Ok, it's just been very quiet in some medias (Iltalehti, Iltasanomat) and I haven't seen anything about this in Jatkoaika either. I would expect that there would be more noise about this.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Markus078

Just for your information, my beloved KAC did not extend Cogs contract. Sam Gagner and Tyler Myers are still here.

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
Just for your information, my beloved KAC did not extend Cogs contract. Sam Gagner and Tyler Myers are still here.
He didn't really impress... That said neither did Gagner, although he was better than Cogs.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:09 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

What the hell is this? Fowler has 5 points in 8 games with a +/- of 8, while Ryan has 6 points (5 goals) in 5 games with a +/- of -6.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Insert "Cogliano isn't even good enough for Austrian hockey, but Murray thinks he's good enough to be worth 2.4 mill" joke.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:36 AM
JabbaJabba

Surprising that Cogliano wasn't that good on bigger ice. I thought it would help his game a bit.

You never really know, which players succeed in Europe. Derek Stepan and Craig Smith both played for Kalpa in Finland during the Autumn. Both played the same position, top line center with same wingers. Smith had 4+4 in 8 games and Stepan had 2+2 in 12 games. Weird right?

Old
12-15-2012, 09:14 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Cogliano is easily one of the best players.

On NHL13.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Surprising that Cogliano wasn't that good on bigger ice. I thought it would help his game a bit.

You never really know, which players succeed in Europe. Derek Stepan and Craig Smith both played for Kalpa in Finland during the Autumn. Both played the same position, top line center with same wingers. Smith had 4+4 in 8 games and Stepan had 2+2 in 12 games. Weird right?
Not that surprising. Smith was a little better than Stepan st the WCs in 2011.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Hey guys long time no see. As our many of you, I've got a big grudge against hockey and have avoided almost all faces of it (nhl network all together, hockey websites including this one, etc...). I see a lot of new faces and some familiar ones. Anyway many of you may know that I've had the fortunate oppurtunity to speak with Bobby Ryan several times. Anyway happy to say that Bobby and I have talked on a pretty regular basis since then, and while I don't want to give too much information about everything he's told me, wanted to share some information with the loyalists here. As I've said in the past I'm going to try and convince no one. The new posters that don't recognize my name will probably think I'm some troll. The one's who have been here long enough know that I don't troll. As far as the validity of what Bobby tells me. Well I don't pretend to be a best friend of his or anything, but he's talked to me pretty regularly. Lol probably because bored as hell in Sweeden right now. Occasionally he does tell me not to speak of certain things and I won't discuss any of that, but the small things won't hurt. Anyway it's not much but if you guys are hanging around here during the lockout I imagine anything hockey related is enjoyable. Anyway here you go:

-Absolutely hates the food where he's at. Says he's having to work out more because all he eats is PBJs and McDonalds. I actually told him to locate the nearest McDonalds once he got settled.

-Doesn't look like the beer over there. Big Coors light fan (yuck). Kinda funny cause during my month in Europe, the beer was my favorite thing (although I did not spend any time in Sweeden). Hated the food though.

-I asked him if he's spoken with Getz and Perry since the season ended, and what he thought about them re-signing. Said he hasn't spoken to Perry much. Spoke to Getz a few times though. Said both have always told him they wanted to stay long term whenever subject came up. He said he's unsure if new CBA negotiations will change their minds. He told me he does not think there is any way Getz leaves Cali though. Perry's never given him any indication other than when they've discussed re-signing in the past. However definitely more encouraged by what he said about Getzlaf.

-Asked him if he thinks he will re-sign or if Murray burned that bridge. Said he's still bitter about how it all went down, but definitely does not plan on leaving. Said business is business and sometimes it's not pretty, but it comes down to how the team is looking and if he sees himself a fit long term. Says he hopes it's a great fit cause he loves the area. I'm not convinced personally, but he seemed genuine.

-I did ask what he thought of the whole CBA situation. Said it's a big mess and had mixed feelings about some of the issues. I left it at that.

Like I said not much, but it's something. Please dont keep the discussion here though. Don't want to have 100 messages next time I log in from people on main board. Back to my no hockey related issues shell. Will visit more when hockey comes back.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

If you're a typical American eater (cheeseburgers, grease, hot dogs) you definitely won't like Swedish food. I liked it when I was there, and around this time of year they should have Graavlaks (sp?), which is one of my favorite foods period. It was extremely heavy on fish, but I didn't mind that and I actually loved their version of Pizza, which was much thinner and far less greasy. I asked for a pepperoni pizza, and they gave me a pizza full of pepperoncini's , which was actually quite good. As for the beer, once again, seems Bobby is a typical American and likes **** beer.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Exit Dose

Yeah, I can't fathom how you go there and miss out on the quality of the beer.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 10:27 AM
lumberjack

Seems like Matt Beleskey is a big hit inthe UK. This was posted on another site:

It is so sad that you are having to sit out your season but I thought you might like to know how one of your players is faring on our side of the pond. This guy is a stand out on our team. Having played 19 games (out of nearly 30 so far) he is currently 8G and 16A with 37 PiMs. He is a joy to watch and also a great guy off the ice as well. Sales of his shirts are through the roof (I have bought 3 so that me, my son and grandaughter all have one). When you get him back he should be super fit as well as we have him putting up 25 to 30 minutes per game.

Hopefully the lockout gets sorted out soon. We will miss Matt greatly if he has to return to you but on the upside I have 2 weeks vacation in Chicago booked for Easter and as things stand there will be no Hawks games to watch.

lumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
If you're a typical American eater (cheeseburgers, grease, hot dogs) you definitely won't like Swedish food. I liked it when I was there, and around this time of year they should have Graavlaks (sp?), which is one of my favorite foods period. It was extremely heavy on fish, but I didn't mind that and I actually loved their version of Pizza, which was much thinner and far less greasy. I asked for a pepperoni pizza, and they gave me a pizza full of pepperoncini's , which was actually quite good. As for the beer, once again, seems Bobby is a typical American and likes **** beer.
Hey, hey, hey! We don't all like **** beer. I happen to prefer your hometown brew.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

^^^

I meant *please keep the discussion here*

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:22 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
Seems like Matt Beleskey is a big hit inthe UK.
Seems from his twitter-profile that he is also liking the life in UK a lot. Generally seems like a great lad.

And the food here in Scandinavia is quite a lot different than what dear old Bobby is used to in USA. But its also quite americanized here now, so he shouldn't have any big difficulties searching up places like McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, TGI Fridays etc.

Old
12-17-2012, 04:45 PM
JabbaJabba

When I was in States I didn't like food there . And the only place where I could get something I liked was McDonalds. Although it has been a while since I was in USA so nowadays I would probably enjoy the cuisine more.

Old
12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Hey, hey, hey! We don't all like **** beer. I happen to prefer your hometown brew.

Great beer and an even better company! I actually play adult league hockey with the brewmaster and one of the software programmers of New Belgium. They seem like a just fantastic company to work for. Plus, they put on the tour de fat here once a year, which is pretty amazing.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Great beer and an even better company! I actually play adult league hockey with the brewmaster and one of the software programmers of New Belgium. They seem like a just fantastic company to work for. Plus, they put on the tour de fat here once a year, which is pretty amazing.
I've toured the brewery a couple of times when I was making business trips to Ft Collins. I also have one of their wool cycling jerseys. Very retro, very cool.

Old
12-18-2012, 10:00 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
To his credit, he did mention on twitter (I think this summer) that he is allergic to gluten and that he had to be careful about the beers he drank.... At least that's what I thought he said....

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Thanks, Duckstudd269
Got me more encouraged that Perry will stay, even though i`m far from 100% :/

About other (OT) things:

Really dont know how you can hate European food (and it is very different in parts of Europe). I haven`t been to USA yet, but my brother spent more than a summer in different cities of USA while working. The things he told me about US food were discusting (no offense to anyone ). I`m not talking about fast foods, i like them myself ocasionally.

I`ve been to Sweden and i was very dissapointed in beers there myself. I was struggling to find a beer over 3% there. They have different laws there. It was about 3 or 4 years ago, though.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
To his credit, he did mention on twitter (I think this summer) that he is allergic to gluten and that he had to be careful about the beers he drank.... At least that's what I thought he said....
Problem solved:

It's Belgian. If you can get it at the Yard House (and you can) then he ought to be able to find it in the rest of Europe. It's the best gluten free beer I've tasted, and I've tried a lot.

Old
12-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Thanks, Duckstudd269
Got me more encouraged that Perry will stay, even though i`m far from 100% :/

About other (OT) things:

Really dont know how you can hate European food (and it is very different in parts of Europe). I haven`t been to USA yet, but my brother spent more than a summer in different cities of USA while working. The things he told me about US food were discusting (no offense to anyone ). I`m not talking about fast foods, i like them myself ocasionally.

I`ve been to Sweden and i was very dissapointed in beers there myself. I was struggling to find a beer over 3% there. They have different laws there. It was about 3 or 4 years ago, though.
Can you be more specific?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote