HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Me Love Dogs

Old
10-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStinger View Post
It took him a while to warm up to other people, but once he got to know they weren't going to hurt him he was fine. The first time I took him to my mum's house, she got on his good side by giving him little bits of shaved ham. Didn't take him long to decide she was ok.

Nice dogs.

Same thing, first time my mom came to the house to see our dogs she brought em each a bone, from there they loved her. It's so funny to see how excited they get when they see her coming inside from out the window. The only person they don't bark at, they just wait for her at the door.

Muh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Stu Macher

I know the mood in here is generally light, but on the serious side, there is one picture that so perfectly encapsulates the relationship between person and dog. I'm not a person who just writes off cats as being crappy (although I am allergic to them), but there are simply things about a dog that no other animal can do. I think they are the most empathetic animals, they always know how their owner is feeling. My grandfathers dog used to sleep on the top of their bed, by their feet, even when my grandmother was in the hospital. He says the night that my grandmother passed, the dog slept up next to him.

This is the picture I was talking about. It is a rescue worker and his rescue dog after the Oklahoma City bombing. After going through the horrors of the bombing, the worker just needed his furry friend. Maybe I'm just a crazy dog person, but I see a look of understanding on the dogs face.

Stu Macher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:33 AM
crane

Not ashamed to say I have like 500 pics of my dog on my phone and like 8 of my wife. Her phone is the same way. Most of the pics are of him being cool like above.

crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
I'll admit it. When I see people with dogs, I get kind of jealous. I've always wanted one, but family had allergies and pets are banned from the apartments I live in.

I love 'em.

Favourite breeds have to be the Samoyed and the Alaskan Malamute. They are really active and I find them very cute. Samoyeds especially. =]

Ain't that smile precious?

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Gustav Nyquist
Failure by design

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post

Not ashamed to say I have like 500 pics of my dog on my phone and like 8 of my wife. Her phone is the same way. Most of the pics are of him being cool like above.
He does look pretty badass.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Stu Macher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post

It's weird. Whatever mood I'm in, it makes me happy to see Snoopy. Like if I've had a long day, and I'm walking through a grocery store, and he's on a cereal box or something, it just puts a spring in my step. Love him.

Stu Macher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Wingdings

My first dog, Maggie. We're not sure where she came from as she was dropped off at our house by a friend of my dad's. But it was determined by a vet that she was part Border Collie and part Siberian Husky. Smartest dog I've ever known. She was with us for 14 years.

The one I have now, Opal, was a rescue dog from the local shelter. She's thought to be Border Collie/Field Spaniel. Pretty hyperactive. She's a great dog. <3

Wingdings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Prongo
Beer

I guess I will post my doggies in this thread to.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:36 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote