HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Want to see 1994 Canucks vs. Flames Game 7 on CBC? Then vote!

Old
10-14-2012, 11:58 AM
givemeda411

vCash: 500
This will be a good watch.

Courtnall Ronning Bure
Adams Linden Gelinas
Momesso Craven LaFayette
Antoski McIntyre Hunter

Lumme Brown
Babych Diduck
Murzyn Hedican

MacLean

Now this team had heart

VS

Roberts Nieuwendyk Fleury
Titov Reichel Stern
Sullivan Walz Kisio
Kruse McCarthy

MacInnis Yawney
Patrick Zalapski
Musil Dahl
Keczmer

Vernon

Oh I hope we get to watch this game, it will bring back some great memories.

Last edited by givemeda411: 10-14-2012 at 12:11 PM.
givemeda411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 12:06 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeda411 View Post
Oh I hope we get to watch this game, it will bring back some great memories.
Even if it doesn't get shown on CBC, you can still watch the whole game on Youtube anyways.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 12:30 PM
givemeda411

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Even if it doesn't get shown on CBC, you can still watch the whole game on Youtube anyways.
Not the same. This game had "The Save" (gives me goose bumps), arguably the greatest goal in Canucks history, and the greatest comeback in Canucks history.
The same night another big upset, Osgood hands the puck Jamie Baker who scores and helps the Sharks upset the cup favorite Red Wings in game 7. The rookie Osgood crying in the dressing room. I hope the broadcast shows clips of this during the play stopage.

The battle of the 10s Roberts was on Bure like a shadow the whole series.

I remeber in Game 5 when Courtnall scored the OT goal he shaped his stick like Gretzky's to emulate his famous OT goal.

Speaking as a fan of hockey this playoff year had so many stories, possibly the best playoffs ever.

Last edited by givemeda411: 10-14-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old
10-14-2012, 01:07 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeda411 View Post
Not the same. This game had "The Save" (gives me goose bumps), arguably the greatest goal in Canucks history, and the greatest comeback in Canucks history.
The same night another big upset, Osgood hands the puck Jamie Baker who scores and helps the Sharks upset the cup favorite Red Wings in game 7. The rookie Osgood crying in the dressing room. I hope the broadcast shows clips of this during the play stopage.

The battle of the 10s Roberts was on Bure like a shadow the whole series.

I remeber in Game 5 when Courtnall scored the OT goal he shaped his stick like Gretzky's to emulate his famous OT goal.

Speaking as a fan of hockey this playoff year had so many stories, possibly the best playoffs ever.
Not the same as in watching it on TV compared to Youtube, or not the same as in not the same game?

Old
10-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Filiatron

Youtube is not the same.
We can record the game and burn it to DVD.
Better yet, we force the rest of Canada to watch us!

Filiatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 02:14 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Not the same as in watching it on TV compared to Youtube, or not the same as in not the same game?
When you broadcast old SD games in HD, the quality looks really good. If the same quality was already available on youtube, no one would bother wasting time voting for it or waiting to watch it on tv.

M A K A V E L I* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 200
Just voted, we are winning with 54.67% of the vote!

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 05:48 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
When you broadcast old SD games in HD, the quality looks really good. If the same quality was already available on youtube, no one would bother wasting time voting for it or waiting to watch it on tv.
Either way it's a win-win, I suppose. Get to watch it no matter what.

Old
10-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Hammer79

Yeah, we could win this, but then Flames fans will just vote to see game 7 of the first round of 2004. A lot of parallels between the two series, both won in OT in game 7. The 3-1 series comeback was the only real difference between the two. Both winning teams went on to the cup finals, only to lose in 7 games.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:37 PM
givemeda411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
Yeah, we could win this, but then Flames fans will just vote to see game 7 of the first round of 2004. A lot of parallels between the two series, both won in OT in game 7. The 3-1 series comeback was the only real difference between the two. Both winning teams went on to the cup finals, only to lose in 7 games.
Flames fans must be pissed about 2004, they technically won in game 6.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:10 PM
M A K A V E L I*

CBC made the poll percentages private. Red Army was down by 15% earlier this morning and 247154 votes had been cast at the time, so they were down by 37073 votes.

I think they probably made the results private so that the Red Army people wouldn't get discouraged by how far behind they were and would keep on voting and generating money for them with ad impressions.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Chubros

Quote:
CBC made the poll percentages private. Red Army was down by 15% earlier this morning and 247154 votes had been cast at the time, so they were down by 37073 votes.

I think they probably made the results private so that the Red Army people wouldn't get discouraged by how far behind they were and would keep on voting and generating money for them with ad impressions.
Or they plan on showing the Red Army game despite the Canucks game getting the most votes. They are preparing to cover up their skullduggery.

Chubros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 04:02 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubros View Post
Or they plan on showing the Red Army game despite the Canucks game getting the most votes. They are preparing to cover up their skullduggery.
They can't really cover it up. Everyone knows the 94 game has already won. Even the Red Army people stopped voting for their side yesterday when they saw how far back they were. Usually they would gain 7-8% each day and yesterday they went up by only 0.5%.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
I don't think I'll watch a game I've seen dozens of times but CBC should put a little more effort into this. Bring in Reichel, McLean, Linden, Quinn, Bure, Otto etc and have them talk about the game. Similarly to a sports documentary. Obviously you cant go back and Mic players but get behinds the scenes footage. The guys walking into the locker room. Bench celebrations. Angles we haven't seen before. Without TV intermissions, the games could be cut down to a couple hours.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
I'm still voting! I know u don't think so makaveli, but it is kinduv weird cbc removed the results from the poll.

Only 6 and a half hours of voting left (unless their deadline is eastern time, in which case there's only 3 and a half hours left).

Samzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Kierkan
Something Witty

vCash: 100
I've had a mouse recorder going for 72 hours now.

Stay classy Vancouver fans.

Kierkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
So the voting's closed. When do they say who won?!?

Samzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:08 AM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
So the voting's closed. When do they say who won?!?
The Canucks won. The voting ended with about 260k votes. The Red Army were behind by 37k when the total votes were at 247k.

I don't think they will be officially announcing the winner because they want people to watch on Saturday to see who won. If they show the Red Army game, then they put on the 2nd most voted option.

Old
10-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Hammer79

As fun as it is to reminisce on the '94 playoff run, I would have rather seen the Red Army game tbh because I haven't seen that game other than a quick youtube clip of a few hits near the end. I've watched the Vancouver - Calgary game during the playoff run and seen the highlights many times since. It would have been fun to watch the skilled Red Army team get gooned by the knuckle-dragging meatheads on that Flyers squad.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:18 PM
M A K A V E L I*

They're broadcasting this on the east coast right now. It'll be on at 8PM for us.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Hollywood Burrows

Quote:
They're broadcasting this on the east coast right now. It'll be on at 8PM for us.
is it a proper HD conversion, or are they just showing it in the original format??

Hollywood Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Chubros

Well done everyone who voted! HF Canucks power!

I highly encourage younger Canucks fans who didn't have a chance to watch this game back in the early 90s to enjoy this game tonight. The closest modern day equivalent is game 7 vs. Chicago in 2011.

There are a lot of parallels: the Flames were our biggest rival at the time. Their elimination of the Canucks in Trevor Linden's 1988-1989 rookie year still smarted and was fresh in the minds of fans and players. But the 1989 team was a Cinderella story - they were never meant to go 7 games with the powerhouse Flames who would eventually become Stanley Cup champions that year.

Linden, Adams, Butcher, and "Captain" Kirk McLean were underdogs in 1989. However, in the following years GM Pat Quinn would add the likes of slick defenceman Jyrki Lumme, tough guy Gino Odjick, local boys Cliff Ronning and Geoff Courtnall, and the most exciting player in NHL history, Pavel Bure to the team, and Vancouver team became one of best in the league. Following a 101 point season (without loser points!) in 1992-93, the Canucks' 1993-94 regular season was somewhat disappointing. The team lost games they should have won, but somehow, the team still seemed special. Despite mediocre results, the team maintained a certain inner-confidence, a belief in themselves, a never-say-die attitude. In a word, they had heart.

After squeaking into 4th place in the Smythe, the series got off to a disappointed 3-1 start in favour of the Flames. But even with the odds stacked against them, it didn't seem over. When game 5 went to overtime, and Geoff Courtnall walked in over the Flames blueline and wired one over Mike Vernon's shoulder, the impossible seemed a little less impossible. The series shifted back to Vancouver, and once again, the game went to overtime. Trevor Linden, the team's heart and soul leader, scored to give the team a 3-2 victory. The scene shifted back to Calgary for game 7 for what would prove to be one of the most exciting games in Vancouver Canucks history.

Enjoy!

Chubros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:06 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Hey Makaveli, is there any way you can record this and upload it to youtube?

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 11:05 PM
givemeda411

Was it me or did Ron Maclean think Tim Hunter was a Flame when he introduced the 2nd intermission interview?

Old
10-20-2012, 11:55 PM
HankieDankie

I've never seen this game, since I'm a younger fan, but man, this is actually very entertaining

HankieDankie is offline   Reply With Quote