HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[PS3] NHL 13 GM Connected League Pt. II - Stanley Cup Champ VAN - **NEW GMs WELCOME**

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 09:36 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eleven View Post
Huh? I've had him the whole time. He's an RFA right now.
Oh ok. Totally reasonable then!

Old
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Canuxx
VANuck

Advanced.

Next advance tomorrow evening

Old
12-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Canuxx
VANuck

Prospects available!

Ryan Murphy - 4 stars
Victor Rask - 4 stars
Brody Sutter - 3 stars

Looking for a first line winger at 85 or above.

Last edited by Canuxx: 12-03-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old
12-03-2012, 11:31 PM
western redmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuxx View Post
Prospects available!

Ryan Murphy - 4 stars
Victor Rask - 4 stars
Brody Sutter - 3 stars

We can trade with CPU?? NJ just traded for larsson from Calgary

Old
12-04-2012, 12:33 AM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
I thought you were still Calgary...

Old
12-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Nuck This

A package of Kulikov and Weiss can be had.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:48 AM
CCF
This is the year....

I lose Kane and Bogosian? How is that possible?

The last several advances on my APP it says that they resigned with my team and were no longer RFAs. Now I look at today and it says they signed with Washington and Minnesota and I receive some measly picks. Why? Moreover, where's my opportunity to match the offer sheet?

With that said, I'm dropping out of this league. I keep getting screwed in this offseason and not going to try and continue to play in this league without my two best players.

Good luck to everyone. Good luck to the next GM of the jets.

Last edited by CCF: 12-04-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
To be honest I forgot that you had abandoned Calgary to slurp up Chicago when I first started looking at the Calgary roster. I did realize that it was CPU when I hit execute the trade but I really didn't think the CPU would accept it. Surprise it did. Surprise it got voided by the Commish.

I do not see how trading players to a CPU team and ripping them off is any worse than signing unqualified RFAs because of a screw up or going over your cap to sign all these unqualified CPU RFAs. At least when I tried to screw the CPU controlled team I gave them players in return.

There seem to be some pretty big flaws in the game and it is going to be the death of this league. It looks like WPG is giving up because of them and I really am getting close to pitching in the towel. All the trades I made at the deadline turned out to be meaningless due to the influx of free agents. People joining teams that were CPU controlled during the off season are going to get squads with hardly any talent and stripped of their best prospects. While other teams (mine included) are over stacked with talent and/or prospects. It is kind of silly when guys I traded for to be the cornerstone of the team, are at best now 6th or 7th on the depth chart.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
mmymryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
I lose Kane and Bogosian? How is that possible?

The last several advances on my APP it says that they resigned with my team and were no longer RFAs. Now I look at today and it says they signed with Washington and Minnesota and I receive some measly picks. Why? Moreover, where's my opportunity to match the offer sheet?

With that said, I'm dropping out of this league. I keep getting screwed in this offseason and not going to try and continue to play in this league without my two best players.

Good luck to everyone. Good luck to the next GM of the jets.
Was there not an option to match the offer sheet during the last advance? I didn't have any guys sign to an offer sheet so I don't know. But I couldn't involve and of my picks in trade options pending offer sheet matching.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Spanky-X-

Quote:
Originally Posted by putridgasbag View Post
To be honest I forgot that you had abandoned Calgary to slurp up Chicago when I first started looking at the Calgary roster. I did realize that it was CPU when I hit execute the trade but I really didn't think the CPU would accept it. Surprise it did. Surprise it got voided by the Commish.

I do not see how trading players to a CPU team and ripping them off is any worse than signing unqualified RFAs because of a screw up or going over your cap to sign all these unqualified CPU RFAs. At least when I tried to screw the CPU controlled team I gave them players in return.

There seem to be some pretty big flaws in the game and it is going to be the death of this league. It looks like WPG is giving up because of them and I really am getting close to pitching in the towel. All the trades I made at the deadline turned out to be meaningless due to the influx of free agents. People joining teams that were CPU controlled during the off season are going to get squads with hardly any talent and stripped of their best prospects. While other teams (mine included) are over stacked with talent and/or prospects. It is kind of silly when guys I traded for to be the cornerstone of the team, are at best now 6th or 7th on the depth chart.
I think we have to play this with the knowledge that it won't be realistic, and accept the flaws it has. It sucks that some user teams like Winnipeg are leaving but the users that are active are on a level playing field. And I think we will see some of the other teams that have been stripped balance out when all the teams who are over the cap have to shed salary.

I don't see everyone getting good value for the dumps - just about all the user teams are maxed so new users probably can get some good players for dirt cheap (or pick them up on waivers at the start of the season!).

On the RFAs - it seems to be odd. I didn't know that Bogosian signed my offer right away as it didn't show on my transactions or roster. I just noticed I was out of cap space and then after poking around, it shows up under 'Offer Sheets > Pending Offers' (though not under 'All Offers'). Winnipeg kind of got squeezed out anyway because I think they are out of cap room and obviously had multiple offers on their players.

I agree with the thought that trades shouldn't be voided - if the game lets us trade then why not? As mentioned, a trade that some may see as unbalanced is better than a team not qualifying any of its RFAs ... And besides, no matter what I do, no CPU team wants Horcoff and his contract - so the CPUs have some sense

Old
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Canuxx
VANuck

Clearly there are some issues with the league.

It is unfortunate that CCF is leaving the league because he has been one of the more active GM's to date. If there is any way you would consider leaving please let me know.

And to putridgegasbab I accepted every trade offer. Which trade was yours?

There were duplicate trades for players so I based it on a first come first serve basis. For example, I made an offer to Grabner but NJ offered first so I didn't accept my offer.

We will continue the league the way it is unless there are other suggestions.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Well, there certainly are issues with the mode where GM's aren't being informed of all actions that involve themselves and their own players. I don't think I put an offer sheet on anyone, exactly because it would probably screw someone over without them having an opportunity to match.

Oh, EA...

Old
12-04-2012, 12:42 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky-X- View Post
I think we have to play this with the knowledge that it won't be realistic, and accept the flaws it has. It sucks that some user teams like Winnipeg are leaving but the users that are active are on a level playing field. And I think we will see some of the other teams that have been stripped balance out when all the teams who are over the cap have to shed salary.

I don't see everyone getting good value for the dumps - just about all the user teams are maxed so new users probably can get some good players for dirt cheap (or pick them up on waivers at the start of the season!).

On the RFAs - it seems to be odd. I didn't know that Bogosian signed my offer right away as it didn't show on my transactions or roster. I just noticed I was out of cap space and then after poking around, it shows up under 'Offer Sheets > Pending Offers' (though not under 'All Offers'). Winnipeg kind of got squeezed out anyway because I think they are out of cap room and obviously had multiple offers on their players.

I agree with the thought that trades shouldn't be voided - if the game lets us trade then why not? As mentioned, a trade that some may see as unbalanced is better than a team not qualifying any of its RFAs ... And besides, no matter what I do, no CPU team wants Horcoff and his contract - so the CPUs have some sense
Yesterday Bogosian and Kane were no longer listed as RFAs. They were listed as being on my team. Today I go and look and they are gone. Obviously the system is flawed. Moreover, again, wheres my opportunity to match the RFA.

I would stay if the league accepted that I resigned both Kane and Bogosian, which the system suggested I did the past several days. But will the Wild and Caps be okay with that? Probably not. So then where does that leave us.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Grifter3511

Quote:
Prospects available!

Ryan Murphy - 4 stars
Victor Rask - 4 stars
Brody Sutter - 3 stars

I tried to make a package for Rick Nash but I can't until the next advance due to a full roster.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Grifter3511

Quote:

Never say never.

In the second year of my offline GM mode the Canucks offered me a 2nd rounder for Wade Redden.

Redden wasnt even on the block, just buried deep in the minors. Lol

Old
12-04-2012, 05:17 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

So if I have a RFA who doesn't get bid on, do I get him for his QO for one year? Or what happens?

Old
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
nucksfan8888

In the Xbox league, gms are being given their rfas back for a 5th round pick if they werent released on purpose. I think the same should happen in this league, it would prevent us from losing a fairly active member of the league and be fair, IMO anyways

Old
12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Samsonov141215

Looking to move some salary in jay bouwmeester if anyone is interested. I'm looking for another defenceman that can play top 6 minutes
Thanks
Boston

Old
12-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Canuxx
VANuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 View Post
In the Xbox league, gms are being given their rfas back for a 5th round pick if they werent released on purpose. I think the same should happen in this league, it would prevent us from losing a fairly active member of the league and be fair, IMO anyways
Agreed.

MIN and WSH GM's please PM me ASAP

Old
12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Spanky-X-

Quote:
Agreed.

I don't mind chatting about this for all to see. I don't want to see someone leave the league but I'm not ok with just undoing it for a low pick.

The game isn't set out perfectly but my sympathy is limited here. The RFAs were unsigned after July 1 so you have to know they are a target. I saw that he was running out of cap space and had a few big RFAs left to sign so I went for it, forgoing other free agents in the process. Then after the offer was accepted my cap space and picks were on hold so I couldn't sign anyone but minimum wage 2 way contracts during the last period. Then, after the last advance my risks were rewarded by getting the player (Bogosian). And to top it off Winnipeg is actually over the cap limit last I saw with other signings. And that is without the two former-RFAs we are talking about here, which they need like 10 million in salary to have matched both.

While EA didn't make it easy for them, they missed what was happening and spent the money elsewhere. There were other RFA offers that look like they were matched (Nyquist, Stepan) by other teams. Frankly I don't even know how you undo it because there isn't the cap space to take them. And that would ignore that that I've now missed out on other free agents in the meantime...

Old
12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
I don't mind chatting about this for all to see. I don't want to see someone leave the league but I'm not ok with just undoing it for a low pick.

The game isn't set out perfectly but my sympathy is limited here. The RFAs were unsigned after July 1 so you have to know they are a target. I saw that he was running out of cap space and had a few big RFAs left to sign so I went for it, forgoing other free agents in the process. Then after the offer was accepted my cap space and picks were on hold so I couldn't sign anyone but minimum wage 2 way contracts during the last period. Then, after the last advance my risks were rewarded by getting the player (Bogosian). And to top it off Winnipeg is actually over the cap limit last I saw with other signings. And that is without the two former-RFAs we are talking about here, which they need like 10 million in salary to have matched both.

While EA didn't make it easy for them, they missed what was happening and spent the money elsewhere. There were other RFA offers that look like they were matched (Nyquist, Stepan) by other teams. Frankly I don't even know how you undo it because there isn't the cap space to take them. And that would ignore that that I've now missed out on other free agents in the meantime...
Again, I sent these qualifying offers. Over the first day they were still considering my offer and were listed as RFAs. After the second day of advances they were no longer listed as RFAs and were listed as being on my team. At a brief glance it showed me I had $10M in cap space, and I was working under the assumption that this was after having signed Kane and Bogosian. So I sent out offers to eat up an additional $10M in space. It wasn't until today that it became apparent that this was not the case. I wouldn't have been offering deals to anyone if I couldn't afford Kane and Bogosian.

Of course RFAs are free after July 1st, but I should be given the opportunity to match whatever offer is issued. Kane and Bogosian are the Jets franchise players, obviously these are guys who don't let walk for half their value.

I wouldn't say I missed what was happening. I am on vacation and still actively engaged in this league via the forum and what options the App allows me. It's not my fault that EA has provided a flawed system. Again, where is my opportunity to match a RFA offer sheet? I can promise you that would have happened.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Spanky-X-

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Again, I sent these qualifying offers. Over the first day they were still considering my offer and were listed as RFAs. After the second day of advances they were no longer listed as RFAs and were listed as being on my team. At a brief glance it showed me I had $10M in cap space, and I was working under the assumption that this was after having signed Kane and Bogosian. So I sent out offers to eat up an additional $10M in space. It wasn't until today that it became apparent that this was not the case. I wouldn't have been offering deals to anyone if I couldn't afford Kane and Bogosian.

Of course RFAs are free after July 1st, but I should be given the opportunity to match whatever offer is issued. Kane and Bogosian are the Jets franchise players, obviously these are guys who don't let walk for half their value.

I wouldn't say I missed what was happening. I am on vacation and still actively engaged in this league via the forum and what options the App allows me. It's not my fault that EA has provided a flawed system. Again, where is my opportunity to match a RFA offer sheet? I can promise you that would have happened.
From what I can see you need to have matched them through PS3 as the option doesn't show up on the App.

Putting our disagreement on what should happen here aside, isn't it a moot point now? The cap space is gone.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
From what I can see you need to have matched them through PS3 as the option doesn't show up on the App.

Putting our disagreement on what should happen here aside, isn't it a moot point now? The cap space is gone.
Well I would shed salary to fit the Jets two franchise players in.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Spanky-X-

Quote:
Well I would shed salary to fit the Jets two franchise players in.
I just looked - you haven't signed Bryan Little either, who is an RFA and wants over 4 million. Someone can sign him right now and you're screwed because you can't match as you are out of space.

I get why you're upset here but I feel like we're looking to give you a mulligan and punish others including me. I made sure my RFAs were signed before July 1 to avoid offers against them. It sucks that you are only using the App and missed the option to match but we are advancing along and if people aren't able to log in as we go, you miss out. The App is clearly limited (I use it too at times) and doesn't let you do everything you can when in the actual game. If you had signed those players it would show on your teams transactions page even on the App.

It doesn't seem fair to make me undo the signing after you trade away some players to get cap space (and other assets). Especially given you haven't signed all your RFAs yet even now...

Old
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
mmymryk

I think in the end if you aren't able to access your your ps3 for a ps3 league you have to take what happens. At least the app provides some options so your team didn't get destroyed.

The odds are timing wont work out for free agency for everyone in a 30 team league. Next off season if someone will be away we can have a gentleman's agreement not to bid on those players. At least you are on vacation.

Closed Thread