HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[PS3] NHL 13 GM Connected League Pt. II - Stanley Cup Champ VAN - **NEW GMs WELCOME**

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 09:54 PM
CCF
This is the year....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky-X- View Post
I just looked - you haven't signed Bryan Little either, who is an RFA and wants over 4 million. Someone can sign him right now and you're screwed because you can't match as you are out of space.

I get why you're upset here but I feel like we're looking to give you a mulligan and punish others including me. I made sure my RFAs were signed before July 1 to avoid offers against them. It sucks that you are only using the App and missed the option to match but we are advancing along and if people aren't able to log in as we go, you miss out. The App is clearly limited (I use it too at times) and doesn't let you do everything you can when in the actual game. If you had signed those players it would show on your teams transactions page even on the App.

It doesn't seem fair to make me undo the signing after you trade away some players to get cap space (and other assets). Especially given you haven't signed all your RFAs yet even now...
It won't let me do anything with Little. I've made an offer and he hasn't responded. The difference between him and Kane/Bogosian is that he has at every point been listed as a RFA. Again, the other two as of yesterday, were listed as being on my team. I was under the assumption that I had $10M of space to work with. Hopefully nothing happens with Little until I'm back at the end of this week so that I can match a deal for Little. I would be upset of the same situation happened with him as well.

I'm thousands of KMs away from my PS3. I think I've proven all season long that I have remained active, kinda sucks to spend the time for the past 3-4 months and then in a matter of a week lose your two best players. I'm obviously trying to be engaged in this league even while away.

I've said my piece. It's not up to me. I've already resigned and if there's no going back, then oh well.

I see this as the same situation as at the trade deadline when the computer put all of those newly acquired players on waivers. We all avoided placing claims on them because we realized it was a mistake. This game is flawed and a logical approach is required to making sure the league functions properly. Just my opinion.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Spanky-X-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmymryk View Post
I think in the end if you aren't able to access your your ps3 for a ps3 league you have to take what happens. At least the app provides some options so your team didn't get destroyed.

The odds are timing wont work out for free agency for everyone in a 30 team league. Next off season if someone will be away we can have a gentleman's agreement not to bid on those players. At least you are on vacation.
Looking at Winnipeg's roster ... Without Bogosian, the team has 6 d-men over 80 overall, and a 79 and a 76. I have 5 at 80 or over with Bogosian...

I hope CCF stays ... You have a good team still.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:58 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Spanky-X- has hit on every point I wanted to. I'm not at all into undoing a completely legit move because someone didn't make sure their blue chip players were signed before 29 other teams had a crack at them.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish MacInnis View Post
Spanky-X- has hit on every point I wanted to. I'm not at all into undoing a completely legit move because someone didn't have the foresight to make sure their blue chip players were signed before 29 other teams had a crack at them.
The foresight? I qualified them.

It's all I could do. I had to send them qualifying offers to ensure that I didn't lose them as I was leaving for a week the next day. Given that I was going to be away from my PS3 what was I do do? This is the only online league I'm in, how was I to know that matching RFAs wasn't an option on the App.

Understanding that I qualified all of these players, I was under the assumption that I wouldn't lose them.

Anyways it is what it is. As I said, good luck to all.

Last edited by CCF: 12-04-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 10:15 PM
mmymryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post

It's all I could do. I had to send them qualifying offers to ensure that I didn't lose them as I was leaving for a week the next day. Given that I was going to be away from my PS3 what was I do do? This is the only online league I'm in, how was I to know that matching RFAs wasn't an option on the App.

Understanding that I qualified all of these players, I was under the assumption that I wouldn't lose them. People have things beyond this league. Should I have requested that the league be placed on pause until I returned?

Just stick it out man. If we get more active GMs you will end up playing most of your games. You will get by on your user skill.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:18 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

The only way I can see it working out so its fair for everyone is if Winnipeg trades one of their newly signed FAs along with whatever picks they got as compensation for Bogosian/Kane

Old
12-04-2012, 11:30 PM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

I can ship Yuen back to you for a 7th or whatevs, just send an offer over.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Mitts McCann

Okay everybody a package of Kesler and Kulikov can be had for a high end winger and defensive prospect. Or E Staal and Kulikov.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:12 AM
eldiablo17

Speaking of RFA talk.

Tampa gave an offer sheet to one of my players (Nyquist) and it came up on my news feed that I lost him for a 2nd round pick (ugh) but he's still on my roster... and I've got a 2nd round pick from them. I noticed that Tampa doesn't have the cap room for him, is that why he's still on my team? I don't know what's going on with that. It says go to the offer sheet screen to match it when I click on him, but his offer is gone by now. Maybe the Tampa GM can chime in on if he heard anything from his end.

Second, is that what is the policy on trading with the computer. Is it all right as long as we don't rip them off or trade for vital pieces. I know we don't want to screw over future players but would lets say giving a team Cam Barker for nothing/late round pick be allowed if I needed to clear room? To be fair and add to the complain train I would have done that to save Nyquist in the one day I had to re-sign him, although I realize that I can probably get a great young player in free-agency next year and it isn't the end of the world.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:18 AM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo17 View Post
Speaking of RFA talk.

Tampa gave an offer sheet to one of my players (Nyquist) and it came up on my news feed that I lost him for a 2nd round pick (ugh) but he's still on my roster... and I've got a 2nd round pick from them. I noticed that Tampa doesn't have the cap room for him, is that why he's still on my team? I don't know what's going on with that. It says go to the offer sheet screen to match it when I click on him, but his offer is gone by now. Maybe the Tampa GM can chime in on if he heard anything from his end.

Second, is that what is the policy on trading with the computer. Is it all right as long as we don't rip them off or trade for vital pieces. I know we don't want to screw over future players but would lets say giving a team Cam Barker for nothing/late round pick be allowed if I needed to clear room? To be fair and add to the complain train I would have done that to save Nyquist in the one day I had to re-sign him, although I realize that I can probably get a great young player in free-agency next year and it isn't the end of the world.
AFAIK the current policy is no trading with the CPU

Old
12-05-2012, 12:40 AM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Okay everybody a package of Kesler and Kulikov can be had for a high end winger and defensive prospect. Or E Staal and Kulikov.
I accepted your offer but for some reason it wasn't approved.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:44 AM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

Available:

Peter Mueller 84/25
Shea Weber 89/27
Filip Kuba 83/36
Mike Fisher 81/33
Marcel Goc 79/29
Tomas Kopecky 79/31
Sean Bergenheim 79/29
Ed Jovanovski 78/37

Old
12-05-2012, 12:49 AM
TacticalTanev
Nucks STH

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post

Understanding that I qualified all of these players, I was under the assumption that I wouldn't lose them.

By any chance do you want to take over a different team? I'd love to keep you in as a GM, if you cant get back Bogo and Kane.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:11 AM
mmymryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo17 View Post
Speaking of RFA talk.

I am not sure what happened there. If he comes on my team magically ill trade him back if you want. Another interesting situation in this be a gm. I still think overall it is awesome.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Mitts McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eleven View Post
I accepted your offer but for some reason it wasn't approved.
It said something about salary cap implications.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eleven View Post
The only way I can see it working out so its fair for everyone is if Winnipeg trades one of their newly signed FAs along with whatever picks they got as compensation for Bogosian/Kane
I would be okay with this.

Alfie
Bertuzzi
Lapierre
Kennedy
Morrow or
Reger

for Kane

Sauer or
Weber

for Bogosian

Old
12-05-2012, 12:31 PM
eldiablo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmymryk View Post
I am not sure what happened there. If he comes on my team magically ill trade him back if you want. Another interesting situation in this be a gm. I still think overall it is awesome.
NP you keep him. I came in on the second day of free agency so I think I was just getting used to the rules/the abysmal cap situation I was in. Besides, he probably wouldn't have been a huge help this year and next year I'll just keep an eye out to steal one of your RFAs

Still looking to deal a D-man. Quincy (84) or Coliacovo (82) for an (~)equivilant winger.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Mitts McCann

Guys I'm not getting much feedback for Kesler or E.Staal plus Kulikov package.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Quote:
I could be in on it after tonight's advance.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:48 PM
TacticalTanev
Nucks STH

Quote:
I feel pretty good about my C and D depth, and also need a LW. So probably wouldn't do it for me.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:13 PM
nucksfan8888

If there's no CPU trading how come Washington got couture from sj an new Jersey picked up seguin larsson n voracek among others for. Level the playing field or reverse those trades commish(canuxx)

Old
12-05-2012, 03:22 PM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

Quote:
Can't offer you anything when I have Kopitar, Carter and Richards in my top 6.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:29 PM
TacticalTanev
Nucks STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 View Post
If there's no CPU trading how come Washington got couture from sj an new Jersey picked up seguin larsson n voracek among others for. Level the playing field or reverse those trades commish(canuxx)
You forgot to mention the players that went back in the deals. Its not like I gave up scraps.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:44 PM
mmymryk

Does anyone know how many advances until the season starts again? I think most of the FAs are gone now.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:47 PM
nucksfan8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeslerKrony View Post
You forgot to mention the players that went back in the deals. Its not like I gave up scraps.
While that maybe true, the rule is/was 'no CPU trading'. Not 'no CPU trading unless you think its fair'

N even if you didn't give up scraps for seguin, the deal makes no sense if you look at their roster even if the value is fair.

And the voracek deal is horrible. For the reason that he and L.schenn were the center pieces in a deal where the former gm of mtl gave up plekanc and gorges to get them. There's no way he would have traded voracek for prospects. To put another light onto it, when I originally had voracek I would not have traded him to you for that package.

Last edited by nucksfan8888: 12-05-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Closed Thread