HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[PS3] NHL 13 GM Connected League Pt. II - Stanley Cup Champ VAN - **NEW GMs WELCOME**

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 02:37 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

vCash: 500
I need to log in to double check, but mine should look like...

Gagne - Kopitar - Brown
Carter - Richards - Williams
Penner - Stoll - Clifford
Loki - Richardson - Nolan

Martinez - Doughty
Scuderi - Greene
Hickey - Voynov
Mitchell

Quick
Bernier

Old
12-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Canuxx
VANuck

READ

READ

READ

Hey guys, I made a big mistake...

I forgot that we were not trading with the CPU and I allowed many trades by WSH, NJD and NSH (maybe TBL and some others as well).

As a result, many of the CPU controlled teams have been gutted (which doesn't bother me).

However, the problem lies in the fact that the rest of the league assumed there was no trading with the CPU. These GM's have become relatively worse off by not taking the opportunity to trade with the CPU in the early off-season.

As a result, I declined all 19 trade requests this advance until we come to a resolution.

The way I see it, there are two solutions:

1.) Reverse the CPU trades from the aforementioned teams OR
2.) Prevent the aforementioned teams from making any further CPU trades but let the rest of the league trade with the CPU for the next two advances.

I vote on option #2 but lets hear what yall have to say.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:35 PM
mmymryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuxx View Post
READ

READ

READ

I forgot that we were not trading with the CPU and I allowed many trades by WSH, NJD and NSH (maybe TBL and some others as well).

As a result, many of the CPU controlled teams have been gutted (which doesn't bother me).

However, the problem lies in the fact that the rest of the league assumed there was no trading with the CPU. These GM's have become relatively worse off by not taking the opportunity to trade with the CPU in the early off-season.

As a result, I declined all 19 trade requests this advance until we come to a resolution.

2.) Prevent the aforementioned teams from making any further CPU trades but let the rest of the league trade with the CPU for the next two advances.

I (Tampa) didn't want to be left behind so I did also make CPU trades. I also made some good trades this advance that will be cancelled. I am good with that to make it fair, I don't think the CPU will allow me to reverse the trades I made because of cap space.

So option 2 for me.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Spanky-X-

Quote:

I vote #2 as well. And you can include me (MIN) as one of the teams who traded with the CPU (though only one trade that was permitted), I don't mind avoiding trading with CPU teams the next two advances.

I think #1 is problematic as teams have based their decision-making on already done trades (including what free agents to go for, etc.). You also run into the difficulty of trying to trade back exact deals which may be rejected by the CPU or may no longer be CAP-compliant.

I would also be open to just proceeding with everyone being allowed to trade with CPUs (or everyone not at all) - not sure if that would bother others. I'd prefer trades be allowed with CPU teams, especially if there are going to be unclaimed teams throughout the season - I'd rather have a gutted CPU team miss the playoffs and have the stacked user teams face off - just more fun.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:54 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

I vote Nuck This switches to the least talented team left standing at season's start, and gives the rest of us a shot!

I think I'd still take him against the field.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

I was going to comment on this and the forgot. I noticed Nashville I think got Galchenyuk for junk and was wondering why that trade was allowed. Not exactly shocking that the teams that made trades with CPUs want option 2. I do think there should be some sort of penalty for gutting CPU teams when no one else was allowed to. Trading picks for scraps or nothing to the gutted teams should be part of the decision I think.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
krack1189

I too think that the teams that traded with the CPU should be punished. I'm just joining the league now and the Sens are pretty bad. I have no good prospects and barely any players above an 80 rating. I personally think that the trades should be reversed so the rest of us have a chance to get a first crack at the CPU trades.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

I'll go with option 1. Any team that I traded with, just send me the same trade back. Don't want to ruin the integrity of the league.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:22 PM
nucksfan8888

Quote:
READ

READ

READ

I vote option 1

Ill admit I hopped on an made some CPU trade requests just in case it was gonna be allowed before the last advance.

But there's not the level of players left on the CPU teams to make it fair for everyone, not everyone is gonna get a Myers(Nashville) couture (Washington) seguin (new Jersey) so how do we decide who gets what computer players? I know the guys I'm eyeing up other people will want too.

I'm not quitting the league but its not what I signed up for, I made my team elite through hours of negotiating with GM's for fair deals. Which is what it was supposed to be, not all these shortcuts people have taken into turning this into a all star team league.

Last edited by nucksfan8888: 12-07-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 04:40 PM
mmymryk

I believe my trade was

Ryan Malone
Sami Salo
D blujus (3 star d prospect)

For
Luca Sbisa

Anahiam need nhl players and to spend money. Which The did.

And

Ryan johansen

For
Tom pyatt
Francis pare

Maybe this isn't great for Columbus.

Can we decide on a penalty system? I have already given a 2nd to Detroit in return for nothing.
I don't think it is possible to reverse the fort trade. Maybe the second one

Old
12-07-2012, 04:53 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Would anyone be at all interested in a complete reboot? Call this first season a GM Connected learning experience, maybe pick a new team you didn't have a shot at before, chance to actually fill all 30 teams?

Just a thought.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:57 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

I'd go with option #1. Trades may have perceived fair value but might not make any strategic sense. For instance, if I were to trade with the CPU I'd just dump salaries and excess contracts for picks everywhere. It offers too much of an easy way out of July 1st excesses and CPU teams that may be taken by human players will likely be void of decent prospects and loaded on overpaid/unwanted players. An expansion team, pretty much. And we all know that there are serious problems with the way the game values players; for instance, not even Milbury would trade Johansen for Pyatt (not even the good one) and a career minor leaguer.

Some examples of CPU trades I did in my offline BAGM:

Two random depth forwards I signed for David Backes
Hainsey and Thorburn (give or take a pick) for Del Zotto
Glencross + 2nd round pick for Iginla
Little (give or take a pick) for B. Schenn

Also, I wouldn't be completely opposed to a "reboot" either although I think most would feel otherwise.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:00 PM
mmymryk

I would like to call dibs in San Jose if we do a reboot.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:07 PM
western redmen

Delete the league....sim straight to season two. Learn from our mistakes

Old
12-07-2012, 05:11 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

I mostly propose reboot as it's the easiest way to level everything back out, most attractive way to fill open teams, and the only way to correct the July 1st massacre that was half(?) of the league's teams losing all of their rfa and ufa players for nothing.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Spanky-X-

I'd like to just play. None of this is ever going to be realistic and I think the odd moves will balance out among the user teams - many teams have benefited from the unsigned RFAs and UFAs and CPU trades. And I don't think I'm saying this because my team (MIN) - I didn't have the cap space to benefit as much as some other teams did. I had to plan well just to re-sign my guys.

Many teams are over the cap - those teams need to quickly trade some guys or the NHLs greatest free agency crop is about to lead to the NHLs greatest waiver wire crop, which will restore some balance to the league. And next year teams are not going to have the cap space to poach people like this again.

As for the CPU teams - (1) who cares if some suck, and (2) we can't prevent their stupidity. Take Buffalo for example. They lost several players because of the RFA/UFA debacle. But when the CPU was given the reigns back, it didn't try and sign the lost players or reasonable replacements. Instead they signed Crawford as a $4.345 million back up to Miller. Yeah. If we reboot, I see similar issues coming up.

I say we go on, flaws and all. Take out your frustrations on the virtual ice against one another.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:24 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

If this reboot thing were to happen, I'd like to "call" Pittsburgh, currently CPU.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:39 PM
nucksfan8888

I personally don't agree with the reboot, we've already put in months to this league, so why start over? Theres an easy fix, and the people who don't agree with it are the ones who benefited from cpu trades. So we just trash the league?

The only thing that needs to be reversed are the cpu trades. There was no cpu trading when this league began so why should it have been any different now?

And if you look on first page it says pittsburgh is reserved, the gm was most likely removed for playoffs, because he was active during the season. But if you were to take over pittsburgh, I would like to take over Washington

Old
12-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Grifter3511

I, the GM of the Rangers, made two trades with the CPU.

I traded Asham for a 3rd or 4th rounder, and the same with Rupp.

Atm I don't recall which two teams I traded with but I can check my draft picks when I get on again to find out, if those teams want their picks back.

Overall, it doesn't really matter to me which route we go. I don't need to trade with the CPU anymore, or I can trade back to the CPU teams, or we can reset (I didn't make any roster moves all year, lol, so my team would look the same as they do now, with the additions of Rupp and Asham). Not sure if teams like Vancouver or Florida and such would like that option too much as they have highly tweaked their rosters.

Ultimately, I just want to get playing again.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:13 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 View Post
I personally don't agree with the reboot, we've already put in months to this league, so why start over? Theres an easy fix, and the people who don't agree with it are the ones who benefited from cpu trades. So we just trash the league?

The only thing that needs to be reversed are the cpu trades. There was no cpu trading when this league began so why should it have been any different now?

And if you look on first page it says pittsburgh is reserved, the gm was most likely removed for playoffs, because he was active during the season. But if you were to take over pittsburgh, I would like to take over Washington
I couldn't care less what happens with the CPU trading issue.

It's the rfa/ufa debacle that makes me wish we could start over.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:30 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Jets would agree to a reboot. Sim the first season and go straight to free agency. I think the number of teams that were picked over will be hard to fill. We have learned from the first season and can go from there.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Mason10
Bacon

I wouldn't mind a reboot.
Also because there was a new roster update no? More top prospects would be in the game.
And I'd like CBJ if we do a reboot

Old
12-07-2012, 06:56 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Even if all CPU trades were overturned, I'd still roll out:

Ovechkin-McDonald-Tavares
Skinner-Laich-St. Louis
Moulson-Ribiero-Simmonds
Wolski-Belanger-Hansen

MacDonald-MA Bergeron
Pronger-Orlov
Poti-Hamonic

Luongo
Neuvirth

I cannot possibly gain anything personally from a reboot, I just feel it's best for the overall health of the league, especially if we have any designs on a full group of owners.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:00 PM
nucksfan8888

If we can get 30 gms than ya a reboot makes sense but theres only maybe a dozen people posting here n if we reboot and only half the league is active what was the point?

Old
12-07-2012, 07:02 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucksfan8888 View Post
If we can get 30 gms than ya a reboot makes sense but theres only maybe a dozen people posting here n if we reboot and only half the league is active what was the point?
I would suggest opening the league up to the NHL 13 section on HFBoards.

Closed Thread