Notices

Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Swiss hockey and international recognition

Old
05-23-2017, 01:12 AM
torero

vCash: 500
Swiss hockey and international recognition

who remembers when we only had Steit, Aebischer and Gerber in the NHL ? and Ambuhl or Wick trying in the AHL !! (and treated like dogs)

++

NHL

Today, we are in NHL semi finals and 1 team is going to the finals, with 2 Swiss in it (Josi, Weber), among which a key player. (could have been 3 ... but injuries decided diferently for Fiala)
The other finalist could be Pitsburgh with ... our dear and yet old (for the hockey world) Streit !! who probably isn't playing the first roles like he use to for the Islanders but still makes some passes to Crosby so that this last can score goals ;-)

++

the AHL

In the Semi-finalist, you have one team who's best goal scorer is Swiss (Vermin) ... and Richard Tanner who left the team ... still don't know what happened.

and an other semifinalist from San Josť Barracuda with 3 Swiss among which, 2 key players (Mueller and Meier) and a third who plays sometimes (Rod).

Last Year, Kukan won the AHL trophy !!

++

I am impressed ... impressed by the number of players that are in these top leagues as well as by the teams they play in !! They contribute in good successfull teams.

And maybe a Swiss will be the first drafted ever !

last year, our LNA teams did pretty well in CHL.

This year's WC wasn't that bad ... some terrible losses, but also some great wins and all in all, and good game delivered by an unknown Swiss team. (unknown meaning that they are not too

When will we have our first Olympic medal ? or even have our gold WC ?

Any opinion or remark on all this ? gor a great conversation on Swiss Hockey !??

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 05:55 AM
HankHenry

I've been impressed by the progress made by the Swiss national team, they seem to be steadily improving year by year. I'm not sure what their ceiling will be in terms of international rankings or tournament success but they have proven to be capable of beating all of the top teams. I would rank them 7th overall right now but they're knocking on the Czech's door for six. Capable of a medal in a best on best. Gold in WC if they have their best players possibly.

HankHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 06:43 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankHenry View Post
I've been impressed by the progress made by the Swiss national team, they seem to be steadily improving year by year. I'm not sure what their ceiling will be in terms of international rankings or tournament success but they have proven to be capable of beating all of the top teams. I would rank them 7th overall right now but they're knocking on the Czech's door for six. Capable of a medal in a best on best. Gold in WC if they have their best players possibly.
This is were i block ... because if we have the best players, the other will have them too.

While Josi, Nino, Fiala, Meier, Malgin, Ghetto ... and soon Hischier are and will be good. Crosby, Letang or Ovie and Malkin ... are really challenging.

Our best chance to be WC gold or Olympic gold is when NHL'ers aren't comming. I think. Hence our best players ... since they are going for the NHL.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 07:58 AM
SemireliableSource
Liter-a-cola

It's not that hard to find out/figure out what's up with Tanner Richard. He supposedly has already signed with a Swiss club for 2017-18, very likely won't be re-signed by the Lightning, fell down the depth chart when other forwards returned to Syracuse from Tampa Bay, and as a result he left the team to play in the World Championships.

SemireliableSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Ambuhl or Wick trying in the AHL !! (and treated like dogs)
Add Severin Blindenbacher to that list.

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Urbanskog
Platinum Member

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
This is were i block ... because if we have the best players, the other will have them too.

While Josi, Nino, Fiala, Meier, Malgin, Ghetto ... and soon Hischier are and will be good. Crosby, Letang or Ovie and Malkin ... are really challenging.

Our best chance to be WC gold or Olympic gold is when NHL'ers aren't comming. I think. Hence our best players ... since they are going for the NHL.
Not exactly, the players representing the host nation in the WC always have a great interest in playing while the players of other teams are more inclined to decline invitation.

Who knows what will happen in 2020.

Urbanskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Harri McBain

And now including Hischier to that list

Harri McBain is offline   Reply With Quote