HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part V: Locks, Cocks, Fox, and Box And Two Smoking Barrels Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Killam, are you sure you're not Tyler Durdan? It seems like you only sleep one hour a night.

Starting Invisible Monsters Remix today. Really looking forward to it.
I certainly am. lol I wish i was, he's way cooler than me. My job requires me to be up late sometimes and my kids require me to be up early. I don't even know what a full night's sleep really feels like anymore. lol

and yess! lemme know what you think. I just watched CP reading his short story "Loser" the other day, very very good stuff. I don't think i can get into the theme on here too much, but definitely work a look man.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

vCash: 500
made it to the front page of ******. my life is complete

Old
10-19-2012, 09:41 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
So much link karma

Old
10-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Link?

Old
10-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

The more I read the Cheap Throat stuff, the more I think whoever it is makes **** up. I think the stories are complete fascinations of what he wished he did/had done.

Old
10-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
The more I read the Cheap Throat stuff, the more I think whoever it is makes **** up. I think the stories are complete fascinations of what he wished he did/had done.
I was thinking this too, after reading more and more it seems like fiction. Still entertaining though.

Old
10-19-2012, 04:44 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Can't go on ****** right now, they're all eating up this Romnesia stunt BO pulled today.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Can't go on ****** right now, they're all eating up this Romnesia stunt BO pulled today.
yeah ****** has a ridiculous liberal bias. r/politics is sickening

Old
10-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
What I'm going to be for Halloween:

10-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

http://www.theonion.com/articles/con...adline:default

hilarious

Old
10-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Oh boy, does that mean there's a right wing bias from some of you here?

Clarification: I don't like the extreme liberal bias on ****** either. I don't mind the liberal bias because it's liberal and I'm liberal. I mind it because it gets away from the "liberal" and gets into condemning for the sake of fun and /r/politics. Democratic or Republican, it's about principles and a campaign ideology that works and the President's ability to lead a country. I do however have a strong liberal bias and do oppose the Romney campaign because of what the campaign is.

Frankly, Republicans haven't been approaching politics and the country's issues with true Republican values are and the values from a few decades ago that worked in principle and in reality.

It would be nice to see a 2 parties that are both capable of running a country well and only differs in ideology and approach.
Rant over.

Last edited by Cresto: 10-19-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old
10-19-2012, 09:55 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Holy ****, just finished Moonrise Kingdom.

That was a ****ing masterpiece.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Oh boy, does that mean there's a right wing bias from some of you here?

Clarification: I don't like the extreme liberal bias on ****** either. I don't mind the liberal bias because it's liberal and I'm liberal. I mind it because it gets away from the "liberal" and gets into condemning for the sake of fun and /r/politics. Democratic or Republican, it's about principles and a campaign ideology that works and the President's ability to lead a country. I do however have a strong liberal bias and do oppose the Romney campaign because of what the campaign is.

Frankly, Republicans haven't been approaching politics and the country's issues with true Republican values are and the values from a few decades ago that worked in principle and in reality.

It would be nice to see a 2 parties that are both capable of running a country well and only differs in ideology and approach.
Rant over.
for the record im a big ron paul supporter. i dont like romney or obama but if i had to choose i would go with romney. the thing that bothers me on ****** is just that you go on r/politics and every link is just "romney lied about this" and "romney sucks" and they act like obama is perfect. it would disgust me if it was the other way around too though.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

A simple yet cerebral night. Nice.

10-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Bad place for this!

Last edited by Cresto: 10-20-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old
10-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
A simple yet cerebral night. Nice.
Good luck on your weekend. I'm not sure exactly what I'm sending my blessings toward but I hope whatever you had hopes for early this week comes true in spiffy fashion.

Old
10-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
I'm hesitant in getting more into this because I think if politics talk were to appear on HF, it would need its own thread to avoid utter **** storms. I actually don't talk to too many Americans and when I do, politics isn't the topic so I have yet to have an opportunity to ask someone who prefers Romney over Obama why that is.

Being respectful as always, what are the downsides to Obama that has made you prefer Romney over Obama and conversely, what are the upsides to Romney that has made you prefer Romney over Obama?

In asking that question, I'll throw out a few thoughts of my own that will elucidate why I'm asking this:

- Obama's economic policies work and will continue to work for at least another year (Being rational, I won't say it'll continue to work for more than a year but I have confidence in the democratic economic policies)
- Obama's more open to ideas and has a broader view of key issues that concerns the US domestically and internationally.
I have more points to make about Obama but I better not ****** this post up.

What makes it difficult to understand the Romney preference of many Americans is perhaps the following:

- Romney and Ryan has undeniably lied about a lot of key issues and has went back and forth on their position on various things. No, Obama isn't perfect and I for one have never insinuated that but the matter of fact is that Romney takes no responsibility and shows a poor characters: lying, lack of ethics, irresponsible etc. I understand that those criticism can be labeled as "opinion" but from the incidents in the past months: press release after the ambassador was killed to pounce on an opportunity to bash on Obama before the facts are out and 9/11 was over. The videos etc.

- The Republican platform that unambiguously discriminates against gays, women and has shown to display racism at times. The only reason why their platform isn't also pro-white is because that's no longer acceptable in 2012. It's flawed to discriminate in general but everyone including myself have biases and that's fine. To uphold these values and agenda internationally and at the forefront of their campaign is questionable, to put it lightly. Another common Republican (not every and only a minority) flaw is involving a religion in any capacity. I don't want to expand on that because it would lead to only more chaos but promoting their campaign using religion is no different than the Major appealing the the majority of NY by flaunting he's a Rangers fan. If religion is brought into the context by introducing policies and party agenda that embodies the virtuous (and non-discriminatory) ideas from Christianity and not faded traditions, then that's more than okay. Religious freedom (even at the campaign level) is available to those who desire it.

-To cut down funding to education and science in the name of the conclusively refuted notion of creationism is unfathomable.

-economic policies are close to non-existent as far as anyone is concerned. Romney and Ryan haven't proposed anything other than premises and ideas. Countries do not run on ideas as much as they run on policies. Cutting the taxes for the rich and putting the weight on the middle class is a economic strategy that can work but it's highly unlikely especially in the current economic conditions. Furthermore, even if it does work (side note:they don't even have the economic plan ready), the middle class will have to suffer for at least 3 years before change will happen and by then, the rich are richer and the recovery the US economy and middle are both decimated. I argue this even though no economist would be foolish enough to agree with Romney on any economic plan of his.

- ObamaCare: The facts are clear as day. It's the most black and white issue to evaluate. ObamaCare, less cost, more benefits, brighter future on Medicare. Romney Medicare: Pulls the roots of the current system out and implements a questionable voucher system that dates back to something used 30 years ago and dissolving funding that could mean the lack of any medicare within a decade.

I know I just pulled a /r/politics but I do so in the hopes that you'll take some of my points into consideration when you reply You might disagree on things that I take to be fairly absolute and that's the point in a response I suppose.

You don't have to get into a rant with me if you don't want I just thought I would ask since it's rare to get Republican input (Perhaps you're not very Republican, but the preference of Romney suffices in this case)

Also, are you going to vote if you're not sold on either candidates or parties?
Why did you have to go there. We have an entire un-moderated politics section for this where every one can go and argue like little girls.

10-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Some of the old tv shows really are the best. Its astounding how much garbage is on TV currently.

Old
10-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Some of the old tv shows really are the best. Its astounding how much garbage is on TV currently.
Twilight Zone is one of my favorites.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:38 AM
blue425

Quote:
for the record im a big ron paul supporter. i dont like romney or obama but if i had to choose i would go with romney. the thing that bothers me on ****** is just that you go on r/politics and every link is just "romney lied about this" and "romney sucks" and they act like obama is perfect. it would disgust me if it was the other way around too though.
I will say one and only one thing regarding politics here that I am pretty sure we can all agree on:

Every news outlet pushes their own agenda.

Also in seasonal news: There is a music channel that has Halloween sounds/songs on cable.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Barnaby

I still think that we see NHL hockey in early-mid December, but some positive news would be nice. I think this is one of those things where nothing happens, and then it all falls together at the last minute i.e. late November in my mind - similarly to the NBA deal...

Old
10-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Other than sports, some Bill Maher, Stewart and Colbert, I don't watch too much TV anymore.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Other than sports, some Bill Maher, Stewart and Colbert, I don't watch too much TV anymore.
I haven't had cable in years! Saved like 3 grand in the last 4 years I do watch clips of random stuff from various shows though. And the walking dead and GOT.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
I haven't had cable in years! Saved like 3 grand in the last 4 years I do watch clips of random stuff from various shows though. And the walking dead and GOT.
NHL GameCenter Live for the Rangers?

Old
10-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
NHL GameCenter Live for the Rangers?
Even if I had cable, how on Earth do I get MSG?! Huh?! I wish I could! You lucky ********!

I stream my games.

(I'm in Vancouver)

Last edited by Cresto: 10-20-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Closed Thread