HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Official 2012-2013 Personnel Acquistion/Speculation Thread

Old
09-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Official 2012-2013 Personnel Acquistion/Speculation Thread

I figured since the offseason thread is filling up, and since the season is SUPPOSED to start in a few weeks, this could be the trade rumor/personnel thread. Plus, I felt there wasn't a better day to start it since Doan signed with us today! But i digress..

Since the mentioned signing of Shane, we can finally start our short little offseason. I expect that Maloney was waiting to see if or when Doan was going to sign before he made any additions to the roster. With that said, which positions do you want filled? Do you think prospects in our system will fill them? If not, who do you want Maloney to target, and who wouldn't you mind him trading to get said player?

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:11 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Petr Sykora. Let's go.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:35 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Wouldn't mind gambling a low draft pick to Toronto for Lombardi or Connolly. Either would be an upgrade over Langkow and Gordon would be shuffled back to centering the 4th line w/ Torres and Chipchura (which is more ideal IMO).

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Im amazed no one signed Jason Arnott, not even us.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Wouldn't mind gambling a low draft pick to Toronto for Lombardi or Connolly. Either would be an upgrade over Langkow and Gordon would be shuffled back to centering the 4th line w/ Torres and Chipchura (which is more ideal IMO).
The only player I want from Toronto and we wont get him is Kessel.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Im amazed no one signed Jason Arnott, not even us.
He apparently demonstrated some pretty poor character for Hitchcock in the playoffs this year. Blues fans have been saying there was a pretty bad hissy fit about playing time, etc.

I'm not saying I buy it, but it's a possible explanation for the lack of interest.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

May not get along with Tippett then.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:44 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
I absolutely agree. I want a third line center to line up behind Vermette and Hanzal but IN FRONT OF Gordon, who is ideally suited for No.1 PK and No.4 5on5.

Lombardi or Connolly for a late pick.

If there are amnesty buy-outs, I'd like Horcoff or Gomez on a cheap one year deal.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:48 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The only player I want from Toronto and we wont get him is Kessel.
Kessel is an elite goal scorer, to be sure, but I really don't like his fit (or lack thereof) with a defensive oriented system like Tippett's.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:52 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I absolutely agree. I want a third line center to line up behind Vermette and Hanzal but IN FRONT OF Gordon, who is ideally suited for No.1 PK and No.4 5on5.
As much as I'd love the Yotes to finally have a legit #1C, I don't mind rolling with #2-#3 tweeners like Vermette and Hanzal for the next couple seasons. Hopefully by that point we'll have snagged one in FA (unlikely) or one of our D prospects will have developed into an enticing trade option.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:26 PM
DesertDawg

even though I have confidence with the current roster, it would be nice to get a player like Connolly for the (typical) 3rd line center position. I still believe he would be a good fit with the Coyotes as long as Leafs will want only a low value asset.

I don't see any major trades happening until after the CBA gets ratified.

I also see that capgeek doesn't have the Coyotes at the bottom of the list of teams with cap space.

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 11:06 PM
PHX FireBirds18

I'd take Chipchura over both Horcoff and Gomez especially considering their contracts. Played really well in the playoffs and there could be some more potential there to improve. He's very good along the boards and you know Tip loves that. Really wanted Brule to stay as well liked their chemistry together. I wonder if MIele has improved at all. Think he led Portland in scoring last year and has always been good on the PP. I have no idea how the rest of his game is coming along. He needed work especially on faceoffs.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Rutkowski

How is Miele's development going; can't he fit the role as a scoring third line center?

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 09:15 AM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
How is Miele's development going; can't he fit the role as a scoring third line center?
IMHO Miele is too small to play in the NHL. He's pushed off the puck too easily, nor does he have the elite speed small guys need to compensate. Since those are attributes that don't change........I would look elsewhere.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 09:38 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I'd take Chipchura over both Horcoff and Gomez especially considering their contracts. Played really well in the playoffs and there could be some more potential there to improve. He's very good along the boards and you know Tip loves that. Really wanted Brule to stay as well liked their chemistry together. I wonder if MIele has improved at all. Think he led Portland in scoring last year and has always been good on the PP. I have no idea how the rest of his game is coming along. He needed work especially on faceoffs.
Chipchura is a great utility player and my ideal 13th forward. I was only suggesting Gomez and Horcoff as UFA, post amnesty buy out, on a one year deal somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5m (they already be getting paid a ton from the buy out).

I've just got this problem, see. This mental block. I look at us as contenders and then I look at Torres, Gordon, and Moss and I don't see a third line, but rather a fourth line. I don't see Bissonnette, Chipchura, and Johnson and see a fourth line, but rather a healthy scratch, a reserve player, and an injury call up from the minors. I know it is completely delusional and we don't actual have any forward depth. Then when I actually see those forwards for what they are and where they fall on the depth chart, I can no longer see us as contenders. Not at all.

Ideally, I'd love to see a playmaking Whitney stand in with Vrbata and Hanzal. Personally, I think Gomez would be a great fit on that left wing (assuming amnesty buy out). Maybe one year, two point five million.

I'd like to see Sullivan dropped down a line and given a great playmaker of his own. I think Connolly would be a great fit if he can be had for peanuts. Maybe Goncharov and a 4th just so we can laugh at Toronto fans for gloating about how well burke did. Haha.

Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Gomez-Hanzal-Vrbata
Sullivan-Connolly-Korpikoski
Torres-Gordon-Moss
Chipchura

Is something I'd like to see but i know I'm pretty much completely alone on that.

Last edited by rt: 09-15-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old
09-15-2012, 10:10 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
I really like his hockey sense. He hit a wall halfway through the season though. He should see more time at the NHL level this year as he gets adjusted to the pace of the pro game. He's underrated.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:16 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I really like his hockey sense. He hit a wall halfway through the season though. He should see more time at the NHL level this year as he gets adjusted to the pace of the pro game. He's underrated.
I'm hoping that he will eventually be Whitney's replacement. I'm thinking he needs a center like Hanzal to be effective (because of his lack of size).

I'm also curious about Shinnimin and how he will fit long term.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
lanky

Krejci is my target for this year. I don't think the B's can hang on to Seguin, Bergeron and Krejci for much longer. I saw a hockey show recently where a Boston sports radio guy said the same thing.

Maybe if Connor Murphy shows his true potential this year (playing with Yakupov and Galchenyuk) he could be the centerpiece of a trade. He has the size and strength that could make him a prototypical Bruin.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 03:46 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Krejci is my target for this year. I don't think the B's can hang on to Seguin, Bergeron and Krejci for much longer. I saw a hockey show recently where a Boston sports radio guy said the same thing.

Maybe if Connor Murphy shows his true potential this year (playing with Yakupov and Galchenyuk) he could be the centerpiece of a trade. He has the size and strength that could make him a prototypical Bruin.
I'm guessing Yakupov sticks with the Oilers if the work stoppage is relatively short. Same with Galchenyuk and Montreal.

As far as Krejci goes, I'm guessing Boston would rather keep him and deal Peverley, if a move must be made.

I'm thinking more likely they bribe someone to take Thomas's cap hit.

Old
09-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
I'm guessing Yakupov sticks with the Oilers if the work stoppage is relatively short. Same with Galchenyuk and Montreal.

As far as Krejci goes, I'm guessing Boston would rather keep him and deal Peverley, if a move must be made.

That might actually be a perfect deal for us, seeing as we need to reach the cap floor. Thomas and Peverly for defensive prospect and a pick. The fans will probably want more seeing as Peverly is involved, but i'm sure Boston's management is eager to get Thomas off the books.

Old
09-15-2012, 05:21 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
depending what the cap drops to. I suspect it will go down to $61.6Mil, so as long as both Savard and Thomas' contracts aren't included, they will be below the cap. Not too many teams will take on Thomas's contract, but someone may for a high draft pick to be included (Islanders, Coyotes? maybe more after amnesty buy outs, Leafs?).

Old
09-15-2012, 09:31 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Looked at the big waivers thread on the TR board this lockout eve, and Zack Boychuck and Bobby Butler caught my eye. I think they'd be worth claiming just to evaluate them at camp. Butler in particular might be a good project - he does have the tools to be a Top 6 scoring talent. What do you guys think?

Old
09-15-2012, 10:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Neither strikes me as any more likely to have any success in the NHL than Shinniman or Miele. I imagine theyd just end up right back in waivers.

Old
09-15-2012, 10:04 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

I know nothing about those two players, but don't we have enough Don Maloney camp bodies around already? What we have now + hopefully a trade for a forward + a few invitees.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I have faith in Miele.