HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Angry Blackhawks Fans Protest (UC 10/13)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2012, 07:29 PM
  #1
LarmerAmonteSeabrook
Registered User
 
LarmerAmonteSeabrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: City of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 500
Angry Blackhawks Fans Protest (UC 10/13)

http://www.facebook.com/events/284234888343631/

This Saturday night, when our home opener was supposed to be, we are meeting at United Center @ 5 pm for a fan protest. All are welcome to join us!

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 07:34 PM
  #2
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,665
vCash: 500
Sucks being nowhere near the city, otherwise I'd do my best to be there. Hope the turnout is good.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:27 PM
  #3
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 772
What's the point? Not gonna change a thing. I'll keep my tank a gas.

You really wanna show em, go see Wolves/Hogs that night.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
  #4
LarmerAmonteSeabrook
Registered User
 
LarmerAmonteSeabrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: City of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
What's the point? Not gonna change a thing. I'll keep my tank a gas.

You really wanna show em, go see Wolves/Hogs that night.
I live just 5 miles from United Center, so it's not out of the way. If I go to a game this weekend, it would be Sunday.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:15 PM
  #5
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,045
vCash: 500
I'm about 6 blocks away but that wolves/hogs game is too tempting.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:28 PM
  #6
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,276
vCash: 500
Righteous meh-an. Is it gonna be a sit-in? Should I bring my gee-tar? I shred a wicked How Many More Times by Led Zeppelin, guy. We'll just sing the opening over and over again, meh-an. For those not, like, familiar with the tune.. this is the opening, yeah!

How many more times, treat me the way you do? x2
When I give you my love, please, please be true

I'll give you all I've got to give; rings, pearls and all x2
I've got to get you together baby; I'm sure, sure you're gonna crawl

Fight the power!

HockeySensible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:40 PM
  #7
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 19,974
vCash: 500
****in hippies...

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
  #8
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Righteous meh-an. Is it gonna be a sit-in? Should I bring my gee-tar? I shred a wicked How Many More Times by Led Zeppelin, guy. We'll just sing the opening over and over again, meh-an. For those not, like, familiar with the tune.. this is the opening, yeah!

How many more times, treat me the way you do? x2
When I give you my love, please, please be true

I'll give you all I've got to give; rings, pearls and all x2
I've got to get you together baby; I'm sure, sure you're gonna crawl

Fight the power!

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:11 PM
  #9
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 21,460
vCash: 151
Couldn't go even if I wanted to.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM
  #10
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,768
vCash: 500
trying to get to hogs/wolves

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:36 AM
  #11
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,582
vCash: 500
if you are enough, it will be good. If you are only a handful, it will get embarrassing

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:03 AM
  #12
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
if you are enough, it will be good. If you are only a handful, it will get embarrassing
Yeah, I can see this thing having like 50 people there and just look like a joke.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:21 AM
  #13
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!
 
CPHawksFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Crown Point, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 500
Might be more cool to meet at the UC, then march along the Hawks Cup parade route, then have a rally downtown....

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:26 AM
  #14
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 53,674
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Yeah, I can see this thing having like 50 people there and just look like a joke.
I'll be shocked if more than 25 show up. This is your typical type of thing where everyone says "Yeah I'm on for sure! Can't wait to show these aholes up!" and then no one actually shows.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:59 AM
  #15
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,547
vCash: 1948
Is this about the mismanagement of the team or the lockout?

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:10 AM
  #16
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 772


Coldsteel does it again.


IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:10 AM
  #17
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,923
vCash: 500
Instead of doing this, people should just not show up for games when the season does start up again. Owners don't care if you are standing outside of the building the night there is supposed to be a game. They will jsut think you guys are a bunch of idiots for standing out in the cold.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
  #18
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Instead of doing this, people should just not show up for games when the season does start up again. Owners don't care if you are standing outside of the building the night there is supposed to be a game. They will jsut think you guys are a bunch of idiots for standing out in the cold.
I wish this was practical. An empty stadium (preferably for all 30 teams in their home openers) would send an incredibly strong message. Unfortunately fans just can't be organized on that massive scale.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:22 AM
  #19
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,547
vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post


Coldsteel does it again.

I assumed it was the lockout but a movement against the mismanagement of the team is something I have been thinking about for a long time. I already have a preliminary plan in place for an anti-Bowman movement. Need one more year of suckage for the timing to be just right.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:24 AM
  #20
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 53,674
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I assumed it was the lockout but a movement against the mismanagement of the team is something I have been thinking about for a long time. I already have a preliminary plan in place for an anti-Bowman movement. Need one more year of suckage for the timing to be just right.
I would fly up and participate just because you organized it.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:35 AM
  #21
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 772
1 more bad year and I'm on board. I've given Bowman a bit of a pass, as I figured it'd take 2 years after the breakup to come anywhere close to having the depth back.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:39 AM
  #22
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,547
vCash: 1948
The focal point of it will be a website I will create, a very simple website which will be the distribution center for my propaganda. Propaganda will consist mainly of 8.5 x 11 posters urging the Blackhawks to fire Bowman and listing some reasons, buttons, Fire Bowman t-shirts (from XXXL all the way down to a size that allows baby to participate). I will also load up audio files, maybe video as well, of passionate speeches to get people fired up and firmly entrenched in the movement. Funding will come from donations through the site and couple hundred bucks start up supplied by me. Volunteers will be sent packages containing posters, etc. They are to put this up all over town and at any games they attend, specifically in the bathrooms as they are high traffic areas and security won't be able to see them right away. Once all of that is established, we'll hold a rally, soap box, bullhorn, live performances of songs with the lyrics altered to defame Bowman. This is my dream.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:49 AM
  #23
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!
 
CPHawksFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Crown Point, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The focal point of it will be a website I will create, a very simple website which will be the distribution center for my propaganda. Propaganda will consist mainly of 8.5 x 11 posters urging the Blackhawks to fire Bowman and listing some reasons, buttons, Fire Bowman t-shirts (from XXXL all the way down to a size that allows baby to participate). I will also load up audio files, maybe video as well, of passionate speeches to get people fired up and firmly entrenched in the movement. Funding will come from donations through the site and couple hundred bucks start up supplied by me. Volunteers will be sent packages containing posters, etc. They are to put this up all over town and at any games they attend, specifically in the bathrooms as they are high traffic areas and security won't be able to see them right away. Once all of that is established, we'll hold a rally, soap box, bullhorn, live performances of songs with the lyrics altered to defame Bowman. This is my dream.
What, no billboards?

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:51 AM
  #24
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 53,674
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The focal point of it will be a website I will create, a very simple website which will be the distribution center for my propaganda. Propaganda will consist mainly of 8.5 x 11 posters urging the Blackhawks to fire Bowman and listing some reasons, buttons, Fire Bowman t-shirts (from XXXL all the way down to a size that allows baby to participate). I will also load up audio files, maybe video as well, of passionate speeches to get people fired up and firmly entrenched in the movement. Funding will come from donations through the site and couple hundred bucks start up supplied by me. Volunteers will be sent packages containing posters, etc. They are to put this up all over town and at any games they attend, specifically in the bathrooms as they are high traffic areas and security won't be able to see them right away. Once all of that is established, we'll hold a rally, soap box, bullhorn, live performances of songs with the lyrics altered to defame Bowman. This is my dream.


RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:54 AM
  #25
hockeydoug
Registered User
 
hockeydoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 500
Might be fun if people bring enough booze, otherwise I wouldn't waste the energy. I think the only chance of making a small ripple (short of explosives) would be to embarrass the league's and franchise's sponsors.

Nothing gets things done like dropping your BCBS insurance or boycotting SweetBaby Rays BBQ sauce.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.