HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official "Ottawa RedBlacks" Thread Part I: "Embarrassing Logo" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2012, 01:03 AM
  #251
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,273
vCash: 500
I would guess people would shorten it to "landers"

saskriders is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 01:33 AM
  #252
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,334
vCash: 0
I'm a bit late to this party, but Highlanders sounds great. It would be a huge mistake to go for another R-name. The Riders are dead and buried. Time for a new and better identity.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:48 AM
  #253
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Snap... Someone listening to Team 1200 this morning told me that they heard JR say that OSEG has hired a design agency out of Oregon to create their stuff. Apparently, it's the firm behind this beauty:

http://www.sports-logos-screensavers...ateBeavers.jpg

Jerk Store is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:50 AM
  #254
mikachu
Registered User
 
mikachu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Snap... Someone listening to Team 1200 this morning told me that they heard JR say that OSEG has hired a design agency out of Oregon to create their stuff. Apparently, it's the firm behind this beauty:

http://www.sports-logos-screensavers...ateBeavers.jpg
I was listening too and they didn't seem to like the Highlanders name.

mikachu is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:00 AM
  #255
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu View Post
I was listening too and they didn't seem to like the Highlanders name.
Ya, Steve Warne is a huge hater. He was one of the most critical media personality out there when we were spreading the word about the Heritage jersey, then you should of seen him act like a child on christmas morning when Jeff and I came in for our interview with free jerseys "Oh wow, cool man, so nice, I love it hahaha", so whatever he has to say, I take with a grain of salt. He tweeted that he wants the name Raiders with the white R and just copy the Oakland Raiders uniform

But can you confirm what they said about the firm in Oregon? Was it a joke, rumour or like pretty much a done deal?

Jerk Store is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:13 AM
  #256
mikachu
Registered User
 
mikachu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Ya, Steve Warne is a huge hater. He was one of the most critical media personality out there when we were spreading the word about the Heritage jersey, then you should of seen him act like a child on christmas morning when Jeff and I came in for our interview with free jerseys "Oh wow, cool man, so nice, I love it hahaha", so whatever he has to say, I take with a grain of salt. He tweeted that he wants the name Raiders with the white R and just copy the Oakland Raiders uniform

But can you confirm what they said about the firm in Oregon? Was it a joke, rumour or like pretty much a done deal?
I was cooking when that segment was on so I was listening to it off and on. So I'm not much help on that. Sorry.

mikachu is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:17 AM
  #257
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Ya, Steve Warne is a huge hater. He was one of the most critical media personality out there when we were spreading the word about the Heritage jersey, then you should of seen him act like a child on christmas morning when Jeff and I came in for our interview with free jerseys "Oh wow, cool man, so nice, I love it hahaha", so whatever he has to say, I take with a grain of salt. He tweeted that he wants the name Raiders with the white R and just copy the Oakland Raiders uniform

But can you confirm what they said about the firm in Oregon? Was it a joke, rumour or like pretty much a done deal?
Have you tried to contact OSEG directly as well? Building hype might not be enough this time around.

mat_sens is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:18 AM
  #258
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt
 
Buck Aki Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Snap... Someone listening to Team 1200 this morning told me that they heard JR say that OSEG has hired a design agency out of Oregon to create their stuff. Apparently, it's the firm behind this beauty:

http://www.sports-logos-screensavers...ateBeavers.jpg
EDIT: Nevermind.

Buck Aki Berg is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:23 AM
  #259
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Have you tried to contact OSEG directly as well? Building hype might not be enough this time around.
Well, they want fan involvement. It's becoming a hot topic and this news comes out...

Jerk Store is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:37 AM
  #260
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Well, they want fan involvement. It's becoming a hot topic and this news comes out...
Hopefully it's only a rumor. I really like your overall design. Anything is better than that beaver logo.

mat_sens is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:54 AM
  #261
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Hopefully it's only a rumor. I really like your overall design. Anything is better than that beaver logo.
Another firm is fine, just wondering why they're going outside of Ottawa, or even Canada.

Jerk Store is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 12:42 PM
  #262
enviro61
Registered User
 
enviro61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Another firm is fine, just wondering why they're going outside of Ottawa, or even Canada.
Yeah my first thought was why are they going outside Canada. I'm sure we have the talent here to get it done.

Do you have any other swings or is your publicity campaign done? You can always see what name they go with and see if you can get in on the design process.

enviro61 is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 12:59 PM
  #263
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviro61 View Post
Yeah my first thought was why are they going outside Canada. I'm sure we have the talent here to get it done.

Do you have any other swings or is your publicity campaign done? You can always see what name they go with and see if you can get in on the design process.
Will be releasing a few more things, but more interaction, i.e. voting for which of the 2 should be the main logo, suggestions on uniform design, etc. Although if some other firm is developing the visual and all we get to pitch is the name, don't want to waste too much effort. These projects are very time consuming.

Jerk Store is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 01:13 PM
  #264
mediumguts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
I can tell you that the "Highlanders" name is not very popular on a message board that is dedicated to Ottawa Football. Most liked the uniform design but dislike the name. To be fair though, there hasn't been many names that have been popular.

mediumguts is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 08:35 AM
  #265
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500

FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 08:53 AM
  #266
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW
 
Neil Patrick Harris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumguts View Post
I can tell you that the "Highlanders" name is not very popular on a message board that is dedicated to Ottawa Football. Most liked the uniform design but dislike the name. To be fair though, there hasn't been many names that have been popular.
Too many people are still caught in the dream of a Rough Riders team.

I did like the few people who claimed that Highlanders wasn't a name the younger audience would get behind, as if Rough Riders was.

It's been 16 years. I think it's time to move on. We're never getting that name back.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 09:28 AM
  #267
FuriousSenator
Registered User
 
FuriousSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Patrick Harris View Post
Too many people are still caught in the dream of a Rough Riders team.

I did like the few people who claimed that Highlanders wasn't a name the younger audience would get behind, as if Rough Riders was.

It's been 16 years. I think it's time to move on. We're never getting that name back.
This. I don't even find the rough rider name that particularly exciting....

Let's find something better.

FuriousSenator is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 10:01 AM
  #268
SelleckStache
Registered User
 
SelleckStache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,773
vCash: 650
Please, please, please make the logo a cartoonish, 3-dimensional raging rodent.

Nothing says "professional sports" quite team like an animal with sharp teeth that's drawn with forced perspective!

SelleckStache is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 02:29 PM
  #269
peter67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
Yes, let our busy beavers do the design here.
As long as the CFL team aren't beavers. Beavers? BEAVERS??

Our last team was called the Renegades because we were given a choice -- Renegades or Beavers. So we ended up with Renegades because next to Beavers, Renegades was a fantastic name.

Do we want beavers playing CFL football.
Only in another city, thank you very much.

No Beavers!
No NO NO

peter67 is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 02:36 PM
  #270
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt
 
Buck Aki Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter67 View Post
Our last team was called the Renegades because we were given a choice -- Renegades or Beavers. So we ended up with Reneg
We just gotta do that again...

"Okay Ottawa, you have two choices - we can name the team the Ottawa Highlanders .... or the Ottawa Career-Threatening Knee Injuries. Vote now!"

Buck Aki Berg is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 02:38 PM
  #271
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter67 View Post
Yes, let our busy beavers do the design here.
As long as the CFL team aren't beavers. Beavers? BEAVERS??

Our last team was called the Renegades because we were given a choice -- Renegades or Beavers. So we ended up with Renegades because next to Beavers, Renegades was a fantastic name.

Do we want beavers playing CFL football.
Only in another city, thank you very much.

No Beavers!
No NO NO
great logo idea though,

beaver chomping on a football.
mind twisting!

Icelevel is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
  #272
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
great logo idea though,

beaver chomping on a football.
mind twisting!
Next level *****

Jerk Store is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
  #273
trobby
Registered User
 
trobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Love the Uniforms.
Hate the Name.

I remember when they had a contest for the "Renegades" name..."Beavers" was on there, and I thought it would be a good fit.

I still like it...

trobby is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 02:27 PM
  #274
Joe Pesky
#peskysens
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Lets mindf**k the league and call the team the Ottawa Stampeders. We can reuse the logo:
Attached Images
File Type: gif OttawaRoughRiders.gif‎ (8.3 KB, 1 views)

Joe Pesky is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 02:35 PM
  #275
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal
 
Inkling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by House That Rod Built View Post
Lets mindf**k the league and call the team the Ottawa Stampeders. We can reuse the logo:
Ottawa Stamp Eaters

Inkling is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.