Notices

Possible playoff opponents

Old
04-09-2013, 06:31 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Possible playoff opponents

The Ducks are up 11 points in the division, at this point it is very likely they will win it and secure a top 3 seed.

the possible group of opponents goes LA/SJ/MIN/STL/DET with Phoenix on the outside, and Vancouver if Minnesota gets hot, or the Nucks stumble

Of those I feel we matchup best with Detroit, regardless of them beating us the prior two games, it took a guy scoring a hattrick that will never get one again, and an unreal goaltending performance for them to beat us at home. Let's face it, all the matchups are difficult this year

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Pretty tough opponents. No ''favorites'' for me now. I don`t want to face anyone of them, actually. Is there somehow possible we could face Florida in WCSF?

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
I'd probably go with Detroit or Minnesota. San Jose is also a possibility, but Los Angeles and St. Louis I'd rather stay away from.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:16 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Would be happy with Detroit/Minnesota/San Jose

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

I think Minesotta will be tougher than expected

Old
04-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
I'd be unhappy with SJS and STL;

Non of there would really be "easy" to beat (that's why they're playoff teams )

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:00 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
The Ducks have pretty good record against Minnesota this season. Playoffs are always a different story and they just added Pominville but their defence excluding Brodin and Suter isn't that great. They got some talent but considering the scoring depth Anaheim has right now, I can't see them being able to shut the offence down. Bäckström is solid goalie but can he win every game if their defence fails? I don't think so. Pominville definitely adds heart and scoring but Anaheim's forwards are still overall better in my eyes. Also, Minnesota is 27th in hits so they wouldn't wear Anaheim down in the first round too much.

I don't want to see them go against Los Angeles in the first round and they seem unlikely opponent. I also don't like facing Detroit because of their playoff experience and their zebras will mess up the game. I said before in another thread that I would like to see St.Louis rather than Detroit because I don't think it's St.Louis' year just yet. Tough opponent for sure but the Ducks could probably finish them.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:15 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

ah you got me
forgot about the zebra factor with detroit, and how you can't breathe on their players without a penalty, while they can elbow, charge, and high stick ours with no repercussions.

remember when mike brown was ejected for a clean hit? detroit scored a goal on their bogus 5 minute PP, and arguably was the difference between ANA winning, and losing the series

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:22 AM
RJQuack

I wanna play Minny. I think I'm less worried about them, and I'd like to beat Heatley.

I've always been a fan of St. Lous depth, and can still see them making a run ... Detroit, no.... And LA are still scary and can surprise anyone, although they're not surprising in 4th.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Getz2perry

Theres a few things i know for sure

1. If we win the series we dont actaully win because our fenwick is so low.
2. If we win the series its because we gooned it up with our trickery and cheap shots.
3. If we win it doesnt matter cause no duck fan actually really understands hockey.
4. If by chance the ducks win the cup then everyone is going to discredit it because its only 48 game season... but god noes if another team wins itll be like a normal cup victory.
5. The refs are going to screw the other team for sure if we win(even when they end up having a 4-1 powerplay advantage)
6. If we win its okay cause well go back to our sucking ways because its not a contract year anymore.

i think i covered the jists

oh almost forgot
7. BB is not a good coach, and is def not a playoff coach and just got lucky like the rest of the ducks roster.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
I wanna play Minny. I think I'm less worried about them, and I'd like to beat Heatley.

I've always been a fan of St. Lous depth, and can still see them making a run ... Detroit, no.... And LA are still scary and can surprise anyone, although they're not surprising in 4th.
La is the best team in the west... i dont think they will be "surprising" anyone.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 1661
Hate this thread.

Spicy Porkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Dirk316

Detroit would be the worst possible scenario, not just because of Detroit diving and help from the refs. BB would be severely out coached by trying to match Detroits skill finesse game instead of being aggressive with them.

Dirk316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Scrivezina
Who needs offense?

Hi there, coming in peace. Taking out all the smack on who would be beat who, what do you guys think an LA and ANA series would do for the rivalry? We as fans don't like each other too much as it is, (although some of our players from each team train together in the off-season), but I have been wanting a playoff series against you guys for awhile so we can build up the hate like Montreal and Boston has... or anyone playing the Canucks Just wanted to hear your thoughts. I just think it would be good for the game. Either way, I don't expect to see you guys in Round 1 due to standings, but just wanted your feedback.

Scrivezina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:18 AM
PhoenyX

It would be huge for the rivalry and a great lead-in to the possible outdoor game next year. I really hope it happens in the second or third round (if both teams get that far).

Anyways, the West is going to be very tough this year and I think just about any of the teams could go all the way (yes, even San Jose with the way Niemi has played). Minnesota would be my first choice followed by Detroit. Both teams have been struggling a bit lately and are dealing with a few injures. I don't think there are any "easy" opponents.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
TheJoeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Hi there, coming in peace. Taking out all the smack on who would be beat who, what do you guys think an LA and ANA series would do for the rivalry? We as fans don't like each other too much as it is, (although some of our players from each team train together in the off-season), but I have been wanting a playoff series against you guys for awhile so we can build up the hate like Montreal and Boston has... or anyone playing the Canucks Just wanted to hear your thoughts. I just think it would be good for the game. Either way, I don't expect to see you guys in Round 1 due to standings, but just wanted your feedback.
Being someone who grew up in a pro-Kings household I can tell you that is something my family has wanted to see for a long time. Nothing would compare in LA sports since the Ducks and Kings are the only true rivals in So Cal. Yeah a Dodgers-Angels World Series would be nuts but those teams don't hate each other. A Ducks-Kings series would be epic and might ruin some relationships in my circle.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
That would be epic. However, i don`t think the timing is right, since LA have a really good team in my opinion

Old
04-09-2013, 12:07 PM
duxfever

Send a message via AIM to duxfever
Bring on San Jose.

duxfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:25 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I would like to play LA, but not in the first round. I just love what it would do to hockey in the area, but it would mean more if it were second round or conference finals.

Other than that I don't really care. And it's still too early to be talking about this. Jinx ahoy!

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:33 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post

Me too. Not saying they'd be an easy match up by any means. They'd make us do work, but having watched them I've noticed that if you tie up the right guys and spread your offense, they can be thrown off their game. Not only that but we're historically good against Backstrom and the Wild in general. Our games against them weren't easy wins but it seems like in recent history dating back all the way to 07, we've had their number.

This year I'll really be satisfied if we can make it past round one and have a division banner. Obviously i hope we go all the way to the finals but I went into this year with low expectations and continued expectations that we'd average out. It's made this year a much better experience. Considering I thought we'd be drafting top 12 again, making the playoffs and dominating all season is easily satisfactory. Anything else is just a bonus.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:35 PM
teemuselanne

If my calculations are right we clinch if Dallas loses in any fashion tonight?

teemuselanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Scrivezina
Who needs offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Being someone who grew up in a pro-Kings household I can tell you that is something my family has wanted to see for a long time. Nothing would compare in LA sports since the Ducks and Kings are the only true rivals in So Cal. Yeah a Dodgers-Angels World Series would be nuts but those teams don't hate each other. A Ducks-Kings series would be epic and might ruin some relationships in my circle.
That's fair. I have had to apologize to a few friends when antics went too far and vice a versa as my circle of friends are lined up against each other LOL. Either way, good luck guys and hope to see you all in the 2nd or CF.

Scrivezina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:44 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemuselanne View Post
If my calculations are right we clinch if Dallas loses in any fashion tonight?
Yup. Still want Dallas to win. Rather keep the Pacific challengers at bay

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:46 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 478
anyone but the kings and st louis. they are gonna be a real ***** in a series. none of the teams will be super easy though soo....minny or sj.

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:48 PM
AngelDuck

I think we'd lose to LA, Detroit, and STL. Our only chance is if we get MIN, and even that it would be a 7 game series. I'm not sold this team is tough enough to grind out a 7 game series.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote