HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFBoard's Top 20 All-Time Devils Players (#9)

View Poll Results: Wh os the ninth all-time Devil?
John Madden 7 12.50%
Randy McKay 1 1.79%
Brian Rafalski 7 12.50%
Claude Lemieux 25 44.64%
Scott Gomez 0 0%
Sergei Brylin 7 12.50%
Petr Sykora 0 0%
Brian Gionta 0 0%
Stephane Richer 1 1.79%
Jamie Langenbrunner 1 1.79%
Bruce Driver 5 8.93%
Zach Parise 2 3.57%
Jay Pandolfo 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2012, 07:39 AM
  #26
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
jay leach ftw

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:26 AM
  #27
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Most hated Devils of the last ? Years.
Gomez would win in a landslide I think, closely followed by Parise.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:37 AM
  #28
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,954
vCash: 500
I'd definitely put Martin over Parise... since Martin verbally held up the middle finger as he walked out the door.

Other than that, who makes the list?
Lemieux, despite his Conn Smythe, was always a divisive character on the team.

And then Lou's necessary 4th line goons that he likes to keep around.
PL3, Boulton and so on.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:44 AM
  #29
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Gomez would win in a landslide I think, closely followed by Parise.
personally, I hate parise more. hating Gomez at this point seems sorta dumb. i mean, what else can you say about the guy? heís on the verge of playing himself right out of the league. heís a joke. sure, parise didnít bolt for the rangers, but he was a guy we all (I think) expected to re-sign, given his statement and demeanor. everyone knew gomer was a goner


edit- hate langs too. right around the same amount as martin. what a *****.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:47 AM
  #30
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,954
vCash: 500
Despite all that, within this fanbase, I don't think there's ever been a volcanic eruption of hate as impressive as when Gomez signed across the river.

The hate rage that day could be felt across the tri-state area. I doubt we'll ever see that again.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:51 AM
  #31
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Despite all that, within this fanbase, I don't think there's ever been a volcanic eruption of hate as impressive as when Gomez signed across the river.

The hate rage that day could be felt across the tri-state area. I doubt we'll ever see that again.
true. and he did it all with a **** eating grin on his face. but for me, the rage subsided once he was laughed out of NY (although sather got a steal for him, so that was bad). but we managed to sign zubrus (which was good!) but the toppings are also cursed. so who knows.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 10:35 AM
  #32
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,166
vCash: 500

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
  #33
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Despite all that, within this fanbase, I don't think there's ever been a volcanic eruption of hate as impressive as when Gomez signed across the river.

The hate rage that day could be felt across the tri-state area. I doubt we'll ever see that again.
Gomez deserved that. The duplicity involved was absurd. Before he left, he was saying, "I want to stay, but if I leave I'm not going to sign somewhere that hurts the Devils," and the infamous "See you in Newark!"

Right after he signed with the Rangers, what's the first thing he said? "I always dreamed of becoming a Blueshirt when I was a kid" and other smarmy nonsense. Stunning reversal of the things he had said literally days before, and we were justified to be pissed.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:40 AM
  #34
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Please buyout Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 39,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
personally, I hate parise more. hating Gomez at this point seems sorta dumb. i mean, what else can you say about the guy? heís on the verge of playing himself right out of the league. heís a joke. sure, parise didnít bolt for the rangers, but he was a guy we all (I think) expected to re-sign, given his statement and demeanor. everyone knew gomer was a goner


edit- hate langs too. right around the same amount as martin. what a *****.
I hate Parise more too. He's the biggest liar, and hypocrite I've seen in a while. I would have respected him more if he signed with the Pens. Enough of this ''The guy went home to play in front of family, and friends'' sympathy that teammates have defended him with. The fact he talked about how important winning was, and then bolted to a perennial loser makes him a joke. Even if that perennial loser was in his backyard. And getting advice from Dany Heatley to see if they could win there. What does Heatley know about winning? A Calder Trophy?

Last of all, the fact he was supposedly ''Unhappy'' about the Devils signing Kovy cause he wanted to be a star. What the **** do you call Ryan Suter? A nobody jabroni bottom pairing D man? Parise is a joke. A little less talk about how important winning was, and if he didn't lead the fans, and media, and probably his teammates on about coming back I would have not hated him much.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:45 AM
  #35
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Please buyout Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 39,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Right after he signed with the Rangers, what's the first thing he said? "I always dreamed of becoming a Blueshirt when I was a kid" and other smarmy nonsense. Stunning reversal of the things he had said literally days before, and we were justified to be pissed.
Parise's ''I always knew I wanted to play home'' comment during the presser the Wild gave reminded me of that Gomez comment.

You always knew you wanted to play home? Then why were we ''In the mix'' still less than two days ago? Why did you talk to the Jersey media like you wanted to come back? Why did you leave us hanging for over 3 days when we could have signed someone else you POS?

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:46 AM
  #36
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I think we all agree that we all hate the parents of many former Devils. JP Parise, Carlos Gomez, and Carol Niedermayer are all on the **** list. Hell, Lou should just start drafting orphans from now on.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:51 AM
  #37
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,954
vCash: 500
Generally, my hate subsides as fast as it comes.

That being said... it still pisses me off whenever I see clips of game 7 in 2003 and Mama Nieds' scowl can be seen in the stands. Cemented my feelings at the time that we'd never be able to keep the better Nieds around.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
  #38
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Please buyout Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 39,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I think we all agree that we all hate the parents of many former Devils. JP Parise, Carlos Gomez, and Carol Niedermayer are all on the **** list. Hell, Lou should just start drafting orphans from now on.
I found more **** from JP the other day from about February or March. Maybe it's old news, and everyone else read it but me. He was saying Parise would like to return to Minnesota when he retires, and he might wanna play in Minnesota too.

I wonder how many of these trash talking articles there are we don't even know about. My god JP was a piece of trash *******, and had nerve to talk about Zach fitting in good with the Rangers when we were playing them in the ECF. That's an insult, and a ****in kick in the balls. I would be pissed if I were Zach too while that was going on.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
  #39
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Mike Danton also left in a way that wasn't pretty. That's where we get the phrase "Lou's Kool Aid" from, I believe. He refused to drink it.

I'm kind of glad that his whole murder for hire plot and conviction didn't happen when he was a Devil. Lou let the Blues deal with the trainwreck.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:56 AM
  #40
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,954
vCash: 500
He was on the Marek vs Wyshynski podcast not too long ago, wondering why people just couldn't forgive and forget like they can with other's transgressions

Probably because he tried to have somebody murdered.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:56 AM
  #41
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I hate Parise more too. He's the biggest liar, and hypocrite I've seen in a while. I would have respected him more if he signed with the Pens. Enough of this ''The guy went home to play in front of family, and friends'' sympathy that teammates have defended him with. The fact he talked about how important winning was, and then bolted to a perennial loser makes him a joke. Even if that perennial loser was in his backyard. And getting advice from Dany Heatley to see if they could win there. What does Heatley know about winning? A Calder Trophy?

Last of all, the fact he was supposedly ''Unhappy'' about the Devils signing Kovy cause he wanted to be a star. What the **** do you call Ryan Suter? A nobody jabroni bottom pairing D man? Parise is a joke. A little less talk about how important winning was, and if he didn't lead the fans, and media, and probably his teammates on about coming back I would have not hated him much.


I'm not even going to bother arguing because you are going to be hard-headed about this. However, I will do it briefly. Parise had absolutely no tie to NJ, none whatsoever. Most likely, Minnesota paid him more money to go home than the Devils offered. As fans, we love the Devils and we just wildly assume, with no reasoning, that the players love the team equally as much. We fail to realize that these same players were also fans of other teams probably just as much as we are of the Devils.

Minnesota is on the upswing, whether you like it or not. Quite frankly, they do have a better future than NJ. They have some top level prospects (Granlund, Coyle, Zucker) who are close to NHL ready. While their defense, admittedly, is lacking, they still have a lot of young talent there. If they get one or two young guys improving and a trade addition, their defense is not bad. Goaltending of Backstrom and Harding is also pretty solid. Where do the Devils stand right now? As much as we want to be optimistic, we have no idea what our goaltending holds after Brodeur and Hedberg. Our defense is the only bright side, however, on offense, what do we have? Henrique, Kovalchuk, Zajac?, Clarkson?, a couple of rookies who haven't yet proven themselves. Aging veterans, even if they are effective right now, they can't hold this up for another 5 years.

I believe Parise was sincere, and that's my belief, and you can believe whatever you want to. Unless he pulled off the biggest ******** story in Devils history, he was pretty honest. In the end, it was rumored to be down to the Devils and Minnesota. His parents and fiancee are from Minnesota, he grew up there, what's holding him in NJ? Nothing.

So much for a brief argument, but whatever.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
  #42
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Please buyout Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 39,808
vCash: 500
Parise was planning this thing with Suter for a while. How long he was, I can't begin to guess.

I saw an article about them being a package deal while we were in the ECF. I do not believe he was sincere. If he didn't lie to us, then he lied to Minnesota in his press conference.

Said he wanted to stay here, and days later he always knew he wanted to go home? I think you're giving him too much credit. Personally after he signed the one year deal I was confident he was gone the next. I did start to warm up when he touted all that stuff about wanting to come back on break up day though.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
  #43
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,954
vCash: 500
I don't harbor hate for long.
Martin and Gomez went to rivals, it was easy to keep hating them for a while because of the teams they played for... before the Schadenfreude kicked in.

One good boo of Parise and what's done is done.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:08 PM
  #44
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
He was on the Marek vs Wyshynski podcast not too long ago, wondering why people just couldn't forgive and forget like they can with other's transgressions

Probably because he tried to have somebody murdered.
He did his time, and nobody actually did get killed, and the intended victim of the plot was an ass**** to begin with. But still, it's not like people will forget that.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
  #45
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Parise was planning this thing with Suter for a while. How long he was, I can't begin to guess.

I saw an article about them being a package deal while we were in the ECF. I do not believe he was sincere. If he didn't lie to us, then he lied to Minnesota in his press conference.

Said he wanted to stay here, and days later he always knew he wanted to go home? I think you're giving him too much credit. Personally after he signed the one year deal I was confident he was gone the next. I did start to warm up when he touted all that stuff about wanting to come back on break up day though.
I'm sure he wanted to come back, but like I said he's going to play in his hometown, where he grew up, where his fiancee and parents lived, where his father played professional hockey. I'd hold a lot more hatred if he ran off of the first day (ala Gomez) or ran off to a rival. He sat down, thought it through, and then the idea of playing at home was too much to pass up, and I don't blame him.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.