HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autumn Thunder: Standing On the Shoulders of Giants

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2012, 01:52 PM
  #401
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh Steelers ex-team doctor indicted in federal steroids probe

Quote:
CLEVELAND, Ohio - A former Pittsburgh Steelers team doctor was arrested today and accused in a 185-count indictment of conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids, human growth hormone and painkillers to patients. (Read the charges in the document reader below.)

The filing in U.S. District Court in Pittsburgh, however, does not identify the patients who received the drugs from Dr. Richard Rydze, 62.
http://mobile.cleveland.com/advcleve...l=true#display

Oh boy..

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 03:33 PM
  #402
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
The loss wasn't because of him. RG3 lost 3 times last season. Some because of him. Smith's #s are better than RG3 and there is no one near him. If they lose this weekend and again its not his fault, why does he drop? If he simply has an average Geno-like game and goes for 300+ with 3 TDs and no picks, I'm not sure how that can be held against him. It's not the "best player on an undefeated team" award.
So if WVU allowed 17 points against TT and lose, still not Smith's fault? He's definitely part of reason why they lost. He was struggling in most of the game. TT had a brilliant game plan, they allowed a very few big plays against WVU offense. I'm sure other teams will try to copy it.


You said If they lose this weekend, it's not his fault again? Really? Anything can happen tomorrow.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 10:42 PM
  #403
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Games of note tomorrow:

Purdue at Ohio State (12pm ABC)
6. LSU at 18. Texas A&M (12pm ESPN)
20. Stanford at Cal (3pm FOX)
7. South Carolina at 2. Florida (3:30pm CBS)
BYU at 5. Notre Dame (3:30pm NBC)
Michigan St at Michigan (3:30pm BTN)
4. Kansas St at 13. West Virginia (7pm FOX)

End of Line is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 07:07 AM
  #404
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
So if WVU allowed 17 points against TT and lose, still not Smith's fault? He's definitely part of reason why they lost. He was struggling in most of the game. TT had a brilliant game plan, they allowed a very few big plays against WVU offense. I'm sure other teams will try to copy it.
If that was what had happened, then you could have said it was his fault. Considering that's not what went down, it's nothing more than a strawman. It wasn't his normal performance, but 250+ yards with over 50% passing, a TD and no picks is typically not judged as a bad QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
You said If they lose this weekend, it's not his fault again? Really? Anything can happen tomorrow.
Reading is fundamental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
The loss wasn't because of him. RG3 lost 3 times last season. Some because of him. Smith's #s are better than RG3 and there is no one near him. If they lose this weekend and again its not his fault, why does he drop? If he simply has an average Geno-like game and goes for 300+ with 3 TDs and no picks, I'm not sure how that can be held against him. It's not the "best player on an undefeated team" award.
You really should try to read all of it and comprehend it before replying.

Pens1566 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 09:43 AM
  #405
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
If that was what had happened, then you could have said it was his fault. Considering that's not what went down, it's nothing more than a strawman. It wasn't his normal performance, but 250+ yards with over 50% passing, a TD and no picks is typically not judged as a bad QB.
We saw what happens when he gets pressured, he panics and gets rattled. The only reason he had over 50% is bc he threw the ball 55 times.

End of Line is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 09:53 AM
  #406
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
The only reason he had over 50% is bc he threw the ball 55 times.
The more passes a QB attempts, the harder it is to get over 50%, smaller sample size and all.

Same reason why Braxton Miller might look like somewhat accurate passer if you just look at his comp rate since it's at 60% but then you look and he throws about 20 passes a game. It's a lot easier to keep a rate stat up when leave a lot of variance to it.

No amount of number jangling can make Denard Robinson look like a decent passer though.

Sivek is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 10:08 AM
  #407
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
The more passes a QB attempts, the harder it is to get over 50%, smaller sample size and all.

Same reason why Braxton Miller might look like somewhat accurate passer if you just look at his comp rate since it's at 60% but then you look and he throws about 20 passes a game. It's a lot easier to keep a rate stat up when leave a lot of variance to it.

No amount of number jangling can make Denard Robinson look like a decent passer though.
The last part is spot on.


End of Line is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 10:16 AM
  #408
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
We saw what happens when he gets pressured, he panics and gets rattled. The only reason he had over 50% is bc he threw the ball 55 times.
Texas threw pressure at him all game as well. That was supposed to be the litmus test for Smith and after he put up 4 TDs the goal posts were moved again.

And someone else already beat me to the % argument. That's why there's a min. # of attempts on every % record. The more you do it, the more likely your % is to go down. Unless, you're that good.

Pens1566 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
  #409
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Games of note tomorrow:

Purdue at Ohio State (12pm ABC)
6. LSU at 18. Texas A&M (12pm ESPN)
20. Stanford at Cal (3pm FOX)
7. South Carolina at 2. Florida (3:30pm CBS)
BYU at 5. Notre Dame (3:30pm NBC)
Michigan St at Michigan (3:30pm BTN)
4. Kansas St at 13. West Virginia (7pm FOX)
Collin Klien vs. Geno Smith.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 12:38 PM
  #410
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Texas threw pressure at him all game as well. That was supposed to be the litmus test for Smith and after he put up 4 TDs the goal posts were moved again.

And someone else already beat me to the % argument. That's why there's a min. # of attempts on every % record. The more you do it, the more likely your % is to go down. Unless, you're that good.
Texas is god awful on defense.

End of Line is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 12:56 PM
  #411
Alesle
Registered User
 
Alesle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Texas is god awful on defense.
Apart from against Oklahoma, Texas Tech has played well on defense this season (at least statistically). Granted, WVU and Oklahoma are the only good teams they've met.

On another note, I've been very impressed with Damontre Moore against LSU tonight, he's definitely one I'd like Steelers to look into.

Alesle is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 03:07 PM
  #412
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
After Braxton was carted off and taken to the hospital, Kenny Guiton came in and well, just look at the score!


End of Line is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 03:58 PM
  #413
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
For those who didn't see what happened.



Rumors going around that he has broken ribs, broken collarbone, and a punctured lung.

End of Line is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 04:07 PM
  #414
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Latest on him:

Brandon Castel ‏@BCastOZone
Latest I'm hearing is a head and chest injury for Braxton Miller, but nothing confirmed as of yet. Even Urban didn't know for sure.

End of Line is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 07:24 PM
  #415
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500
Collin Klein is having a fantastic first half.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 07:24 PM
  #416
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Told everyone this what was going to happen to WVU....

End of Line is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 08:12 PM
  #417
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500
With Miller injured and Smith in 2 straight mediocre games, it's safe to say Klein is a leading candidate for Heisman right now.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 08:24 PM
  #418
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
I'm not kidding when I say that this year's WVU defense may be the worst defense in NCAA history, no hyperbole. Thinking that the new d-coordinator should start looking for future work now.

Sivek is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 08:41 PM
  #419
invictus
Registered User
 
invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
I'm not kidding when I say that this year's WVU defense may be the worst defense in NCAA history, no hyperbole. Thinking that the new d-coordinator should start looking for future work now.
As a recent graduate of the University of Kansas, I highly suggest you look up their performances last year

invictus is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 08:50 PM
  #420
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
As a recent graduate of the University of Kansas, I highly suggest you look up their performances last year
Final game of the year is Kansas vs WVU, will be higher scoring than a basketball game between the two.

Sivek is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 09:35 PM
  #421
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500
I'm surprised to see PSU dominating Iowa tonite. Tons of credit to Coach O'Brien and staff. Could have been 7-0 easily.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 08:09 AM
  #422
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,674
vCash: 500
WVU's defense is pathetic. No doubt about that one.

JTG is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 08:31 AM
  #423
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,140
vCash: 977
Way to much Ohio State in this thread.

Smoke is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 08:58 AM
  #424
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Way to much Ohio State in this thread.
Agreed.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 09:42 AM
  #425
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Way to much Ohio State in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Agreed.
They had this game on in the Froggy Goggle at seven springs, meh. A lot of the people looked too invested.

Oh, side note; The Autumnfest was the worst I've seen in years, and isn't worth the drive out.

Ugene Malkin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.