HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kastsitsyn play on the fourth line of CSKA

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Kastsitsyn play on the fourth line of CSKA

Look what I found on russianprospects.com:

Metallurg Novokuznetsk vs. CSKA Moscow 0:2
Goals: 0:1 Zherdev (Kosmachev, Kostytsin 31:34), 0:2 Mozyakin (unst. 56:30);
Prospect Notes: Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Nikolai Zherdev skated on CSKA’s fourth line with Montreal Canadiens 10th overall 2003 pick Andrei Kostytsin, who was skating in his first Super League game of the season. The two combined for Zherdev’s game winning goal half way through the second period.

So it's normal to see the youngs players on the fourth line. Glad he play for the bigclub of russia with Zherdev. What a Duo!!!

Old
09-19-2003, 07:49 PM
theo6060

Too bad he doesn't get to play more shifts though...

Old
09-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:

Well, after the season, he will have much more experience and will probably ready to come to North America. Another thing...He just start the season. If he play well, he could move on a better line.

Old
09-19-2003, 08:23 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Well, after the season, he will have much more experience and will probably ready to come to North America. Another thing...He just start the season. If he play well, he could move on a better line.
For sure. It'll be a very good experience for him to learn his way to move up a roster on a men's team playing against other men. I think he'll be able to put up solid numbers for a player his age and I would hope that he could sign with the Habs next summer and come over for the 2004-05 season.

Old
09-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Perezhogin started on a 4th line last year, I hope Kostsitsyn will end up having as much improvement as Perezhogin had, defensively in particular. I am very happy to see this as Kostsitsyn was rumored to play in the WHL this year and having difficulties cracking CSKA's lineup. Playing on a 4th line with Zherdev proves you have to be very talented and deserving to play on this team.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:05 PM
tinyzombies

Sounds to me like he made a mistake and should be over here. Those guys are going to give preference to the players that are staying in Russia. I don't like it and it's not the first time I have felt uneasy about Russian teams "developing" prospects.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:14 PM
HABitual

It seems discomforting to have a prospect who is only good enough for the CSKA fourth line. If he is really good then he should be a top liner.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:53 PM
Marksman

I think his development is better served there - he gets to play man sized opposition and practice with the team. Latter part shouldnt be overlooked. With less games per season they practice a lot more in Europe, with strong emphasis on skating and leg strength.

Glen Metropolit of Finnish team Jokerit (the club Leafs played) was quoted saying he feels like being in the army there... he wasnt used to skating drills twice every day.

Old
09-20-2003, 04:00 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual
It seems discomforting to have a prospect who is only good enough for the CSKA fourth line. If he is really good then he should be a top liner.
Well is Perezhogin no good because he played the 1st 1/3 of the season on the 4th line over there? He was later promoted to the 2nd. Don't forget that Kastsitsyn is a boy playing among men right now and the Superleague is not made to develop players but to make money like the NHL. He will have to work his way up and win the coach's confidence. If he does well, he'll win more ice time. As simple as that.

Old
09-20-2003, 04:10 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Well is Perezhogin no good because he played the 1st 1/3 of the season on the 4th line over there? He was later promoted to the 2nd. Don't forget that Kastsitsyn is a boy playing among men right now and the Superleague is not made to develop players but to make money like the NHL. He will have to work his way up and win the coach's confidence. If he does well, he'll win more ice time. As simple as that.
Remember, you're talking to people who think Perezhogin, Higgins, Ryder, etc. should be on the Habs top two lines. Alot of posters here don't get the concept of youngsters earning their spot in the line-up.

HABitual, are you saying Zherdev is not a good prospect as well? Because he's also on the 4th line.

Old
09-20-2003, 04:37 AM
habsfan11

We should be happy he even cracked the cska roster. A lot of people view the RSL as the second best league in the world. They like to put their young players on the fourth line, till they earn a spot on the top 2 lines. Keep in mind, these kids have very little experience playing against men(kasty played most of last year in the jr) at such a fast pace game. Its like here, you very rarely take a rookie and put him on the first line in his first nhl game. You would kill his confidence. Let him ajust to the pro game, and as he gets better, move him up the depth carts. I think he might end up playing the second line by the end of the year.

Old
09-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Wildcat

Seems he didn't play in today's game. He might have just been an injury call up like someone else said. I wouldn't worry about it though, I can foresee him splitting time between the two clubs all season.

On a side note, Columbus has already paid the 100k transfer fee to CSKA for Zherdev and there should be news to whether he stays in Russia or comes over as early as tomorrow. That might open up a spot for Kastitsyn if Zherdev leaves.

Old
09-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
We should be happy he even cracked the cska roster. A lot of people view the RSL as the second best league in the world. They like to put their young players on the fourth line, till they earn a spot on the top 2 lines. Keep in mind, these kids have very little experience playing against men(kasty played most of last year in the jr) at such a fast pace game. Its like here, you very rarely take a rookie and put him on the first line in his first nhl game. You would kill his confidence. Let him ajust to the pro game, and as he gets better, move him up the depth carts. I think he might end up playing the second line by the end of the year.
Yup...nothing but good news....

Remember people that we are not an expansion team...we can't afford the luxary of keeping a junior in Montreal like Atlanta (plus the fact they have All-star propspects).

Old
09-20-2003, 02:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual

He's 18 and playing in a mens league that is not know for being concerned about young players developement. Perezhogin hardly played for Omsk at the same age, it wasn't until his 2nd year did he get a full time roster spot on the 4th line, where he was moved to the top line by midseason, but that line was often the more productive line.

You have to consider his age, the league, the organization, the coach, his health. Are all variables that effect him. The RSL is a win now league and win with veterans. Not saying junior aged players don't play, but they don't focus on building the young players, cause they know they stand a good chance to lose them to the NHL. Plus his coach is known for not playing rookies as well.

Old
09-20-2003, 02:39 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
He's 18 and playing in a mens league that is not know for being concerned about young players developement. Perezhogin hardly played for Omsk at the same age, it wasn't until his 2nd year did he get a full time roster spot on the 4th line, where he was moved to the top line by midseason, but that line was often the more productive line.

You have to consider his age, the league, the organization, the coach, his health. Are all variables that effect him. The RSL is a win now league and win with veterans. Not saying junior aged players don't play, but they don't focus on building the young players, cause they know they stand a good chance to lose them to the NHL. Plus his coach is known for not playing rookies as well.
Exactly. I wish he was in Hamilton.

Old
09-20-2003, 02:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Exactly. I wish he was in Hamilton.

His teamate from Team Belarus, Zakarov was just cut from the blues and sent back to the Q.

Closed Thread