HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 05:53 PM
New Liskeard

vCash: 500
For anyone who has watched Kadri play, and not clearly see that he has NHL talent, doesn't understand the game. Whether or not Kadri can translate that to the NHL is one thing, but he has NHL talent, no question.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Hopefully he can find some chemistry with Frattin when he returns
I was going to mention that but if Frattin doesn't return for a while I'd like him to start creating chemistry with Colborne or Ashton, or someone else already on the roster that could help in the future.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
TheOneArmedMan

Been watching the last few games and he has been undisciplined taking roughing penalties when he doesn't need too. Hope he smartens up and starts producing.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:26 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
it's interesting

people say if prospects aren't good by 22 or 23... then their ****
but i mean didn't it take Datsuk like until 28 or 29 to become the magician you know today?

like what the hell
It's a lot easier to be patient when your team is winning stanley cups rather than dwelling perpetually in the basement. And when the player in question is a 6th round pick rather than 7th overall. Not really a good comparison.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
I forgot to mention that at 11am we're blaming management for "trading away our young players to early" as if it wasn't the fans that ran them out of town in the first place.

For example we could have Alex Steen, our former 1st round pick, a center with the ability to post 20G-50pt+ over a full season with a rock-solid 2way game on our roster at this moment.. But because he wasn't developing quickly enough we decided to trade him and Cola for a waste of space in Stempniak.
While not a 1st line C by any means, with his 50 - 60 pt play and superb D, I'd be interested what Steen could do for Kessel and Lupul.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Why don't you people just watch the games, show some patience and let the players play, and the coaches coach.
what does this mean? we shouldn't make comments and have opinions about how players are doing, and what we think about their performance?

is anyone stopping the players from playing, and the coaches from coaching? or hindering them in any way?

if kadri has 2 goals and 2 assists in his next game, should nobody mention it?

Old
10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
I think this next season whenever it is, Kadri will be in the NHL. Whether it is with the leafs or not, I do not know. If it is with Toronto, I get the feeling he will be inconsistent. He has improved immensly in his own end and with his overall play. No doubt he has insane talent, just has to be able to string it together game after game. If it is with a different team, I think Kadri will be insane. I think that motivation of trading him will be the thing that makes it all just click for him. Hate to say it but I think Kadri's BEST playing days will be with another team.

However we did only see a game or two with Kadri under Carlyle. Still undetermined if he will be the thing that allows Kadri to pull it all together.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:52 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

One thing I've noticed watching Marlies games is when they turn the puck over "the play was broken up" but when Naz turns the puck over "Kadri shouldn't have done this or that"....it's double standards, just let him play and he'll learn. They're micro managing the kid

Old
10-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
One thing I've noticed watching Marlies games is when they turn the puck over "the play was broken up" but when Naz turns the puck over "Kadri shouldn't have done this or that"....it's double standards, just let him play and he'll learn. They're micro managing the kid
Kadri will be a star, some people are just laying the groundwork for him to be shipped out. It will all be just another **** up by MLSE.

Old
10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
Wait...the commentators are micromanaging him now? Or are you talking about fan commentary?

Old
10-21-2012, 07:37 PM
MapleReef

AHL Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Kadri will be a star, some people are just laying the groundwork for him to be shipped out. It will all be just another **** up by MLSE.
He may be a star but never in the NHL.

Old
10-21-2012, 07:42 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Stop overrating defense. He wasn't drafted for that reason.
Laughing A Whole Lot

Best line on HF in a while.

Cheers!

Old
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
G51 K81*

I like Kadri and think he will eventually be a solid NHLer but...

He definitely has not improved at all over the last 2 years. His shot, speed and power have not changed whatsoever. Still has great hands and draws penalties consistently, but also consistently turns the puck over in the offensive zone. Still waiting for him to come to camp and blow me away to the point where its blatantly obvious he should not be in the AHL (like Gardiner).

Old
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
For the last two years I believe this to be actually the case.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:02 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Wait...the commentators are micromanaging him now? Or are you talking about fan commentary?
I don't really know how to respond to this. Are you talking to me or yourself?

Old
10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
bunjay

I'm talking to you. What you said seems like it must either refer to the in-game or intermission commentary, or to fan commentary on here. Either way it's ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:21 PM
MapleReef

Vancouver Bound

Trade him for Luongo and get it over with. Not ever going to play meaningful minutes as a Leaf.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleReef View Post
Trade him for Luongo and get it over with. Not ever going to play meaningful minutes as a Leaf.
I always find it funny when people talk in absolutes.

What else should we know about the Leafs in the future? Is Luongo taking us to the promise land?

Old
10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post

He definitely has not improved at all over the last 2 years. His shot, speed and power have not changed whatsoever. Still has great hands and draws penalties consistently, but also consistently turns the puck over in the offensive zone. Still waiting for him to come to camp and blow me away to the point where its blatantly obvious he should not be in the AHL (like Gardiner).
Exactly.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:49 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleReef View Post
You realize that comments like these add nothing to the discussion right?

Old
10-21-2012, 08:52 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post

He looks to be stronger on his skates this season, but he was never going to be super fast like the rest of our team. I think he'll get his shot down eventually, but he's more of a pass first guy anyway.

I think the improvement lies in his positioning and awareness of a 200 ft game. Watching pre-season + 80% of the Marlies games it seems to me he has a better head in the defensive zone now.

Old
10-21-2012, 09:07 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
He looks to be stronger on his skates this season, but he was never going to be super fast like the rest of our team. I think he'll get his shot down eventually, but he's more of a pass first guy anyway.

I think the improvement lies in his positioning and awareness of a 200 ft game. Watching pre-season + 80% of the Marlies games it seems to me he has a better head in the defensive zone now.
Are you saying he looks like Connolly 2.0? I am sort of thinking a more nifty slippery Connolly myself just to add.

Old
10-21-2012, 10:39 PM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
Laughing A Whole Lot

Best line on HF in a while.

Cheers!
Trade Kessel for Steen!

Defense is all that matters!

Old
10-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Beleafer4

Im not that worried about kadri's production, hes the type of player that needs to get on a roll. He always starts slow with the marlies, then tears it up (which is funny because it is exact opposite when he is on the leafs).

Old
10-21-2012, 11:05 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
If it means Kadri will be a capable and strong NHLer, I have no problem keeping him in the AHL until he is 25. He has so much raw talent that it isn't a question of if he'll ever be a staple in our roster, but when. I think the main problem with bringing up the kid right now, is the lack of size overall in our forward corps. I say keep Kadri down this year, and see if he can blow us away in camp next year. IMO a line of:

JVR - Kadri - Kulemin

Would be a thing of beauty.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Macarthur(Or other) - Grabo - Connolly(Or other)
JVR - Kadri - Kulemin

And roll the 2nd and 3rd lines equally

Closed Thread