HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 03:10 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
And to finally get back on topic...

Given how pathetic our 6 top is defensively (with the exception of Kulemin), I find it pretty funny that Kadri got ripped on for his defensive play, and the fact that it was the main reason why he was yoyo'd back and forth between the two leagues.
I will say I agree with you there. The double-standard is laughable. However, perhaps management believe (and rightfully so) that players like Kessel and Lupul bring enough offensively to the table to make up for their defensive faults. Unfortunately for Kadri, he has no been able to prove that his offense is good enough at the NHL level to make you forget about his supposed defensive inability.

Where I disagree with you is that I think Grabovski is pretty good defensively. Grabovski-Kulemin are a killer combo due to their offensive chemistry and defensive acumen on the 2nd line IMO. Bozak is actually a pretty good defensive player as well. He's got good speed and he isn't afraid to throw a hit. However, he is simply too undersized to compete against some of the larger forwards who toss him around in the defensive zone.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:22 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Thanks for making the exact same point I made a couple of hours ago (Poni, whose potential is being compared to Frattin's, only being a 3rd liner on good teams). I'm sure it sounded better when you thought of it, though.

Only on a crappy Leafs team would Poni average 16 mins / game with 2+ PP mins to boot. Should Frattin get those type of minutes in the next few years on the Leafs... it wouldn't bode well for our forward depth.
Frattin has better potential than Ponikarovsky though, that's the point. Poni was big, but not physically engaged and very soft, and wasn't really that good at anything.

Frattin is a bit smaller but built like an ox and is strong as hell, he's good along the boards and in corners, has a disgusting shot and does a lot of little things Poni didn't do much.

Frattin could be a well-rounded 20-25 goal scorer (maybe even 30 if he gets lots of opportunities and uses his shot to his advantage), whereas Poni was a finesse 20 goal scorer who was more replaceable.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:24 AM
noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
...Unfortunately for Kadri, he has no been able to prove that his offense is good enough at the NHL level to make you forget about his supposed defensive inability.
I'm still waiting for him to prove that at the AHL level.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noway View Post
I'm still waiting for him to prove that at the AHL level.
You clearly missed the boat then.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Leafs sign players like Bozak, Hanson, they're given chances immediately...and we finish terribly.

Then Kadri "can't crack the lineup" (LOL), and we finish 5th last. Oh ya, I"m sure it would have hurt to have the kid up on the big team! I'm sure it was necessary having Lombardi, Connolly, Armstrong, Brown, Crabb, and other PLUGS take up roster spots that they FOR SURE wouldn't be occupying in the future.

Makes me want to punch myself in the face.

Hopeully Naz is traded to Detroit where they aren't ********.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Jordan Eberle: 1 goal in 4 games
RNH: 2 assists in 4 games

Busts! Clearly we should be worried about Kadri's production 5 games into the season!

Old
10-22-2012, 07:44 AM
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost

the leafs ruin players....i remember leaf talk after kadri's 1st game vs the sharks there was a fan referring to his game as being dispicable like just enough to make you sick!

Old
10-22-2012, 08:03 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.”

Old
10-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterceptSchenn View Post
the leafs ruin players....i remember leaf talk after kadri's 1st game vs the sharks there was a fan referring to his game as being dispicable like just enough to make you sick!
Pathetic eh? No, really? A kid who played in London in the OHL last night has some deficiencies? Wow, never would have expected that!

Old
10-22-2012, 08:15 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Leafs sign players like Bozak, Hanson, they're given chances immediately...and we finish terribly.

Then Kadri "can't crack the lineup" (LOL), and we finish 5th last. Oh ya, I"m sure it would have hurt to have the kid up on the big team! I'm sure it was necessary having Lombardi, Connolly, Armstrong, Brown, Crabb, and other PLUGS take up roster spots that they FOR SURE wouldn't be occupying in the future.

Bravo man!

Old
10-22-2012, 08:37 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post

I thought fans were supposed to not take every Kadri demotion as an attack on his ability as a player.

Isn't every game in the AHL a blessing because it's supposed to help in his development?

Old
10-22-2012, 09:09 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Im not that worried about kadri's production, hes the type of player that needs to get on a roll. He always starts slow with the marlies, then tears it up (which is funny because it is exact opposite when he is on the leafs).

very well said man

Last year he didn't score his first goal with marlies until like the 10th game and only had I think 3 or 4 assists,
he just needs to keep doing what he is doing
kadri has always said that he knows he can be an impact player at next level, that is some confidence and I believe we just need patience, and he will live up to the hype

Old
10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
If it means Kadri will be a capable and strong NHLer, I have no problem keeping him in the AHL until he is 25. He has so much raw talent that it isn't a question of if he'll ever be a staple in our roster, but when. I think the main problem with bringing up the kid right now, is the lack of size overall in our forward corps. I say keep Kadri down this year, and see if he can blow us away in camp next year. IMO a line of:

JVR - Kadri - Kulemin

Would be a thing of beauty.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Macarthur(Or other) - Grabo - Connolly(Or other)
JVR - Kadri - Kulemin

And roll the 2nd and 3rd lines equally

kadri would have been on this team if nhl had started, I have no doubt, I think kadri can take mac' spot, I would like to see a line of kadri-grabo-JVR
That would be awesome, atleast he has a good coach in carlyle, carlyle wanted to keep him up but couldnt due to the stupid 4 callup rule. Plus he also has eakins which supports him throughout

Old
10-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Yes, certainly, after each and every game it is properly best to overreact to the events that had just occurred on the ice -- good or bad. A far better idea than just sitting back, letting a fair number of games pass by and developing a more thorough and accurate opinion of the player at hand.
why is it better to sit back and say nothing? why not have an opinion and comment about what we're seeing? isn't that the purpose of this place?

how does that hurt anything? how does that stop the players from playing, or the coaches from coaching?

you talk as though we don't have enough evidence to form an opinion on kadri yet. he's been in the ahl for a while. this isn't new to him. it isn't as though he's a rookie stepping into a new league.

there's nothing wrong with fans not being happy with what he's done, or hasn't done, in the first 5 games of this season.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Frattin is a 3rd liner, at worst. He is not going to be a 4th liner at any point in his career.

Like someone posted a few pages ago, I love how you people talk in absolutes.

"Kadri won't amount to anything at the NHL level"

"Kadri will be a top 6 player, but never for the Leafs!"

and now,

"Frattin will not amount to anything more than a 3rd or 4th liner"

How are you at liberty to make such absolute statements?

Why don't you people consider alternate scenarios before posting? I understand, and appreciate that you have opinions, but your opinion does not equal fact. And neither does mine.
you first two sentences....you're talking in absolutes.

how do you know frattin will be a third liner at worst, and will never be a fourth liner? it migh be your opinion, but you're talking about it as a fact. exactly what you accuse others of doing.

i think i have it figured out. if we think negatively about a player, absolutes are not allowed. opinions are not even welcome.

if we think positively of a player, absolutes are fine. opinions are cherished.

Last edited by Frankie: 10-22-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old
10-22-2012, 12:52 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
you first two sentences....you're talking in absolutes.

how do you know frattin will be a third liner at worst, and will never be a fourth liner? it migh be your opinion, but you're talking about it as a fact. exactly what you accuse others of doing.

i think i have it figured out. if we think negatively about a player, absolutes are not allowed. opinions are not even welcome.

if we think positively of a player, absolutes are fine. opinions are cherished.
Because Frattin already proved himself to be a reliable third liner last year.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:58 PM
hockeywiz542

Kypreos: Kadri won't re-sign with the Leafs once his entry-level contract expires

Hey guys,

Nick Kypreos was talking about Nazem Kadri's long-term future with the Toronto Maple Leafs today on Hockey Central at Noon.

Here is what Nick Kypreos had to say regarding Nazem Kadri's future with the Toronto Maple Leafs:

- Nick Kypreos is hearing that the Washington Capitals offered a 1st round pick and a roster player for Nazem Kadri

- Nazem Kadri will be a RFA once his entry level contract expires in one or two years from now

- Nick Kypreos thinks that Kadri won't re-sign with the Maple Leafs and could make $2 million per year playing in Europe until his entry-level contract expires

- Europe is an option for Kadri if he wants to escape from Toronto

You can listen to the complete Hockey Central at Noon podcast at the following link:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fan59...2---Monday.mp3

Old
10-22-2012, 01:01 PM
ACC1224

Obviously.......Fire Burke.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:04 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Lol like Kadri is going to leave for Europe.

Kypreos grasping at straws.

10-22-2012, 01:09 PM
TootooTrain
-

Where does he say Kadri told him he's not going to re-sign the leafs again?

Old
10-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Drew311
Shanahanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
So that would mean you truly are a moron.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Drew311
Shanahanigans

Kypreos was speculating, he has no idea what he's talking about.

He admitted that he just "heard" that Washington offered that package. He also said "I can't confirm or deny that".

Old
10-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Lol like Kadri is going to leave for Europe.

Kypreos grasping at straws.
One of the most ridiculous things I've heard on that show, And that's saying something.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:33 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Kypreos was speculating, he has no idea what he's talking about.

He admitted that he just "heard" that Washington offered that package. He also said "I can't confirm or deny that".
A 1st and roster player on the recomondation of Hunter says MacLean.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:33 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywiz542 View Post
Hey guys,

Nick Kypreos was talking about Nazem Kadri's long-term future with the Toronto Maple Leafs today on Hockey Central at Noon.

Here is what Nick Kypreos had to say regarding Nazem Kadri's future with the Toronto Maple Leafs:

- Nick Kypreos is hearing that the Washington Capitals offered a 1st round pick and a roster player for Nazem Kadri

- Nazem Kadri will be a RFA once his entry level contract expires in one or two years from now

- Nick Kypreos thinks that Kadri won't re-sign with the Maple Leafs and could make $2 million per year playing in Europe until his entry-level contract expires

- Europe is an option for Kadri if he wants to escape from Toronto

You can listen to the complete Hockey Central at Noon podcast at the following link:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fan59...2---Monday.mp3
Kipper was talking out of his azz and even Millard says he was talking crazy. PURE speculation, and as Maclean said Kadri will have no choice but to resign, has ZERO leverage.

One thing is true, it's time for Kadri to prove he belongs in the NHL. Two assists so far isn't exactly awe inspiring. I see lots of fancy not much finish. Pick it up fattie!

Closed Thread