HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 03:07 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 4 - 3

vCash: 500
IMO Kadri has a roster spot this year, whenever that may be.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:19 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
IMO Kadri has a roster spot this year, whenever that may be.
It appears as though Randy sides with you on that. Did he not say that Kadri deserved to be in the NHL last year after his stint under Carlyle?

Old
10-22-2012, 03:25 PM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
How many of the current Leafs have inflated stats due to being on a crappy team and getting prime ice time?

The current team has finished lower than the weak team Pony played on (post Sundin) era.

Prospects like Kadri and Frattin if they have true NHL potential should be able to beat out some of these vets even if their stats are inflated by situation and ATOI/g.
Mostly players who are playing in "higher" roles than they would be on most other teams. From the forward crew, MacArthur, Kulemin (of two seasons ago), Frattin, and Bozak. In Bozak's case, I don't think the dropoff would be that significant, since right now, offense is among the least of his responsibilities on the Kessel line, and as a 3rd liner, he could focus a lot more on it.

Let's see how this group of players fares without the ad-hoc system Wilson was running, without allowing breakaway chances on the PK, and counting on unproven goaltenders to stop numerous golden scoring opportunities each and every game as a result of over-pinching defensemen.

Some of those veterans have strings attached, while prospects like Kadri don't. You can't really send players like Connolly down to the AHL without it severely effecting your ability to attract UFAs (without ridiculous clauses a'la Rangers). Similarly, management feels that they owe it to Lombardi to allow him to recover some of his career, otherwise they'd be looked upon like a bunch of ********** who wouldn't even give a player recovering from concussion a chance to find his game again.

Unfortunately, some roster spots are influenced as much by politics as they are by player skill. Sending a 21 yo prospect to the AHL has virtually 0 ramifications in terms of how other players view the Leafs' management. Fortunately, most of those contracts are off the books after a shortened season.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:34 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

IMO, Kadri needs to be forced into the top 6 of the LEAFS. He needs to play with guys that already know to go to the open spots for a gift pass. To get to the net and take up the defender.

Bozak was crap in the AHL, and later better in the NHL. No reason Kadri can't, IMO.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:57 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

From all reports the message is pretty clear:

No NHL season. No Kadri.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Brody
$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
From all reports the message is pretty clear:

No NHL season. No Kadri.

No NHL season. No Deschamps.

Oh wait, that would have been the case if there was a season or not.

Cool, I can make lame jokes too.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:24 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Does anyone have the link to the video where Eakins praised Kadri?

Old
10-22-2012, 05:30 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth* View Post
They didnt mismanage him, they improved the team and he was a scrublord and couldnt crack the roster. He shouldnt' have been bad. That's all. If we had Kulikov we could have kept Schenn and rolled Schenn - Kulikov and would be swimming in *****es but 2late.

He's probably goign to Vancouver as soon as the CBA is signed anyway why do we care.

yeah it is kadri's fault he got injured in pre season last year, he is playing well just not getting points, wat is he supposed to about that

he has done everything this team has told him to do

bring in some valid arguements plz

Old
10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Does anyone have the link to the video where Eakins praised Kadri?

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...188634&lang=en

Old
10-22-2012, 05:35 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
No NHL season. No Deschamps.

Oh wait, that would have been the case if there was a season or not.

Cool, I can make lame jokes too.

kadri is actually creating chances, just not getting the goals

deschamps has been terrible, It was really because of dupuis he scored a lot of points last year,
him over damigo is beyond me,

Old
10-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Beleafer4

I dont think they mismanaged kadri either. I feel like he felt entitled to the nhl because of his first good camp and didnt believe in the slow process. I feel like he does have attitude problems as he was rumored to have some problems with every coach that had him (including roberts).

However I dont want to let him go. He will be a good player and hes close. Trading him now would be stupid, especially after all the time we invested teaching him how to play defense. Kypper is a good source but if he has a spot on the leafs he will re-sign imo.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
I dont think they mismanaged kadri either. I feel like he felt entitled to the nhl because of his first good camp and didnt believe in the slow process. I feel like he does have attitude problems as he was rumored to have some problems with every coach that had him (including roberts).

However I dont want to let him go. He will be a good player and hes close. Trading him now would be stupid, especially after all the time we invested teaching him how to play defense. Kipper is a good source but if he has a spot on the leafs he will re-sign imo.
When did Roberts say he has an attitude problem? haha

Dale Hunter likes him too.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:15 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywiz542 View Post
Hey guys,

Nick Kypreos was talking about Nazem Kadri's long-term future with the Toronto Maple Leafs today on Hockey Central at Noon.

Here is what Nick Kypreos had to say regarding Nazem Kadri's future with the Toronto Maple Leafs:

- Nick Kypreos is hearing that the Washington Capitals offered a 1st round pick and a roster player for Nazem Kadri

- Nazem Kadri will be a RFA once his entry level contract expires in one or two years from now

- Nick Kypreos thinks that Kadri won't re-sign with the Maple Leafs and could make $2 million per year playing in Europe until his entry-level contract expires

- Europe is an option for Kadri if he wants to escape from Toronto

You can listen to the complete Hockey Central at Noon podcast at the following link:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fan59...2---Monday.mp3

it's interesting. i finally listened to this.

Kyper suggests that europe is one option for Kadri, but probably a last resort. he did emphasize that Kadri would want "outta here" if things continue the way they are going. i assume that means playing an entire full season in the AHL. it seems as though Kadri fans need this season to happen more than ever. in Kyper's opinion if the leafs don't give him a fair shake this hockey season he'll push to go elsewhere (trade his rights to another team or europe as a last resort).

interesting...

certainly what i thought too!

Old
10-22-2012, 06:28 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Kadri going to Europe? The kid's dream is to play in the NHL and he's only 22. He is no where near that desperate yet.
Maybe you missed it, but the NHL is in a lockout.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
When did Roberts say he has an attitude problem? haha

Dale Hunter likes him too.
There was some twitter actiom stating that roberts an kadri were having quarrels over kadris commitment to his regime. Kadri also did not play in the scrimmage either.

As for hunter, yea he liked kadri. But its hard not to like a player when they are producing like was. I dont think kadri is unlikeable, just that he feels entitled to a spot and is unhappy that he doesnt have one thus far.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:37 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Kadri going to Europe? The kid's dream is to play in the NHL and he's only 22. He is no where near that desperate yet.
europe is the last resort.

it's more about Kadri forcing the leafs' hand: play him or he'll push for a trade. if there's no trade then europe.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:48 PM
4evaBlue

I'm sure the fact that had it not been for the completely retarded Wilson, Kadri would have had a spot on the team for the last two seasons. Instead, we had Crabb playing on the Kessel line, and a prospect who took 20 friggin games to finally find the net staying up over Kadri.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:07 PM
SteveV*

For what it's worth, the boys on LeafTV were discussing Kadri tonight and the consensus was some good moves but playing on the perimeter. Also noted Gardiner is showing every shift he is NHL calibre, whereas Nazem isn't dominating and his inconsistent play continues. Don't shoot the messenger Kadrination.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
For what it's worth, the boys on LeafTV were discussing Kadri tonight and the consensus was some good moves but playing on the perimeter. Also noted Gardiner is showing every shift he is NHL calibre, whereas Nazem isn't dominating and his inconsistent play continues. Don't shoot the messenger Kadrination.
He's a winger. Playing the perimeter comes with the position.

Eakins even said he has been doing everything they've asked of him, would Eakins not be the first to note something like that?

Old
10-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Because Frattin already proved himself to be a reliable third liner last year.
nonsense. 15 nhl points prove nothing.

but that's not the point. if we can't talk in absolutes, we can't talk in absolutes. nothing is for sure, everything is opinion.

talk to in absolutes, then rip into others for doing it, is hypocritical and two-faced.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:32 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Kadri has to produce points.

That's his job.

Who cares about everything else.

Picking up an ability to play some defense is one thing, but that isn't why he was drafted 7th. overall.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
He's a winger. Playing the perimeter comes with the position.
Errr...not really.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
There was some twitter actiom stating that roberts an kadri were having quarrels over kadris commitment to his regime. Kadri also did not play in the scrimmage either.

As for hunter, yea he liked kadri. But its hard not to like a player when they are producing like was. I dont think kadri is unlikeable, just that he feels entitled to a spot and is unhappy that he doesnt have one thus far.
Was it from anyone credible? There's always losers on Twitter giving false info. Roberts even defended him on the Fan 590 when people were attacking Kadri's physique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
nonsense. 15 nhl points prove nothing.

but that's not the point. if we can't talk in absolutes, we can't talk in absolutes. nothing is for sure, everything is opinion.

talk to in absolutes, then rip into others for doing it, is hypocritical and two-faced.
15 points in 56 games. Over a full season that's roughly 22-25 pts. Not to mention Frattin was picking up his game as the season went along, getting continually better.

An average third liner produces at a 20-30 pt rate. I don't see what's so farfetched about that. He didn't look out of place at all.

Last edited by LeafOfBread: 10-22-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old
10-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Im Old Gregggg

never been high on kadri (and his character.... or lack there of) ..... this comming from a guy that followed about 95% of the games of his rangers career and in london

talented player no doubt ..... less than stellar work ethic, from what ive heard has a bit of an attitude/ enflated ego (going back to his knights days.... maybe hes improved but judging by how management views him i doubt it)..... all and all id say hes still a pretty immature PRO hockey player on and off the ice and he wont be nothing more than a glorified ahler until he drops the act

he was exciting to watch in jr and while fiesty and super skilled I was never/still not sold on the fact that he has the mental makeup to be a star in this league/ live up to his draft stalk.... the 09 draft isnt looking to hot overall (outside of schenn only players i had any iterest in at 7 was MPS and kassian)....maybe he can turn the ship around but imo it will be on another team ..... just dont see where he fits on the leafs long term dont think he fits the mold of what were heading towards

My gut is telling me that kipper is on to something (kadri is too proud to be handled like the way he has ---- not saying it was right or wrong of us ----- to stick around after his rookie contract is up) and we might as well trade him while he has some value. hypotheticallly i know philly needed a dman like schenn so its a moot point, but i woulda traded kadri for JVR instead of schenn everyday of the week and twice on sunday.... DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YA NAZEM!

Old
10-22-2012, 08:13 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
LOL @ the latest Kypreos bashing. Is nothing sacred on HF?

Kypreos played as an NHLer, is around other former players, coaches, GM's but he's discredited because he offers an opinion about Kadri.

Whether you like to admit it or not the man is an actual insider.
You're only defending him because he suits your radical agenda. Kypreos may be better than losers like Doug Maclean or Bill Watters (though I wouldn't be surprised if you considered what those two say seriously as well), but he's still quite amateur with some of his analysis and is very unprofessional at times. This is the same guy who called the guys at TSN "f-ckers" publicly on Twitter and then Bobby Mac made him look like an idiot.

Craig Button is also a former GM, is around players/former players, around management and junior players, but does anyone really take his draft ranking seriously? He likes to be different but the draft always ends up being different from what he predicts.

Yelling louder and throwing around radical opinions doesn't make someone right. Neither does constantly posting radical opinions which lack substance and educated arguments.

Closed Thread