HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Sam Slick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-family-affair
2. Clarke Macarthur, he is great but his defense and stupid penalties are getting out of hand, great character but no. Lombardi hasn't been in form but then again one takes a while to return from a concussion. David steckel excellent faceoff man but his other area of the game is lacking if he doesn't find other ways to produce he will and can be moved. Carlyle's defense will be more than capable of replacing him, making spots for Kadri available. I can also count trade possibilities but I wont.

3. No one is handed a spot in any team, everyone earns a spot, and he did just that last season in the pre-season schedule, only thing that held him back was his luck, he injured if you remember and that spot was easily scooped up by Frattin. Kudos for Matt to show he isn't willing to back down to his junior and he kept it and kadri went down into the AHL.
um, ok.

That was last year. How is he doing this year?

Old
11-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Sam Slick*

ps. The blue Koolaid is being swashed back by the buckets here.

We are arguing about a guy....who is not even good enough to make the Marlies line up tonight, being given a spot on the Leafs.

The blinders being worn here are sooooo funny. Many of you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Common sense has flown out the window all together.

Just a second. I'll get Dallas on the phone.

"Hey Dallas, I want you to put Kadri in because he has earned a spot on your lineup."

Dallas. "Um NO"

Old
11-10-2012, 02:53 AM
KPower

Kadri will never be a full time NHL player.

And if he don't get his **** together he won't be an AHL player either.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:47 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 671
Lets temper our excitement for a healthy scratch. It doesn't mean the end of his career. Team is not performing as a whole. The coach has the luxury of some extra bodies. You will see this a lot more than usual, just another coaches tool.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:11 AM
meng666

Taylor Hall now averaging .33ppg on a stacked team. Scratch him! Send a message.

Last edited by meng666: 11-10-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old
11-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

This won't be well accepted here, but personally, I am ready to declare Kadri a bust. I'm not saying he'll never make to the bigs, but at this point I see his upside as a tweener 2nd/3rd line winger...at best if he got his **** together something like Versteeg at the very best, but I highly doubt even that good. Definately not living up to the expectations of a 7th overall. I wouldn't lose any sleep if we trade him at this point.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
I hope we trade him and he lights it up. My favourite player.

Leafs on Kadri:

2009: you're too skinny, go back to London and play centre
2010: you're too fat, go to the Marlies, and play wing
2011: you're injured, good enough to make the lineup but we'll take Lombardi over you. Haha!
2012: you're fat, take a seat

Old
11-10-2012, 10:00 AM
meng666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
This won't be well accepted here, but personally, I am ready to declare Kadri a bust. I'm not saying he'll never make to the bigs, but at this point I see his upside as a tweener 2nd/3rd line winger...at best if he got his **** together something like Versteeg at the very best, but I highly doubt even that good. Definately not living up to the expectations of a 7th overall. I wouldn't lose any sleep if we trade him at this point.
Of course it will be accepted well here. 50% of the posters think he is a terrible bust and the other 50 think he has plenty of potential. U are just part of a big camp.
He was picked 7th not first. He will play in the nhl eventually. If he is a bust to you then u set your standards way too high for a 7th overall pick. Who ever said he was going to be a perrenial all star?

Old
11-10-2012, 10:16 AM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
Of course it will be accepted well here. 50% of the posters think he is a terrible bust and the other 50 think he has plenty of potential. U are just part of a big camp.
He was picked 7th not first. He will play in the nhl eventually. If he is a bust to you then u set your standards way too high for a 7th overall pick. Who ever said he was going to be a perrenial all star?
I believe it's been said more than a few times on this very board. Some posters have been hyping the guy the moment he was drafted.

Last edited by achtungbaby: 11-10-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old
11-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Hawaiinleaf

In Economics there is a theory called the Law of Marginal Diminishing Returns and Kadri is right on the cusp of it now.

Not only was Kadri a 1st round pick he was #7 and we drafted him. Thats a huge asset to us.

He has not developed as hoped and there has been noise around him that beats louder and louder.

Could we deal him right now and get a good return? Yes
Could we deal him and get a good return if he stumbles this year? No

Is this year a great draft year? Yes

My feeling is dealing our 2014 1st which i feel wont be a high first anyway if Burke is successful signing FA and recently drafted players start making the team.

So go for another top 15 pick this year by dealing our 1st 2014 + Kadri for a top 12 pick

Players available will be players with far better ceilings than Kadri due to size & skill

Lazar, Hunter Shinkaruk come to mind as being available in the 8-12 range

Then the Leafs will draft 2 picks in top 12 and both players should be elite talents and possibly even be able to start in 2014 season helping further push our development forward

Old
11-10-2012, 10:38 AM
cps230

I forget if it was suggested in the prospect threat or main board but IMO would be something id look into.

To Dallas:
Nazem Kadri

To Toronto:
Scott Glennie

Disappointment for disappointment

Old
11-10-2012, 10:41 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps230 View Post
I forget if it was suggested in the prospect threat or main board but IMO would be something id look into.

To Dallas:
Nazem Kadri

To Toronto:
Scott Glennie

Disappointment for disappointment
Kadri is already so much better than Glennie and has much more upside than him. Why would they do that? Last season Kadri was closer to 1 ppg in the AHL and Glennie was close to .5 ppg in the AHL. And I'm talking about a full season not just 10 games.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:56 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
This year is a throw away year for Kadri. He came into camp out of shape and looks terrible to start the season (any correlation?). At best he will be as good as he was last year. I don't mind him playing the full year in the AHL and seeing what he brings next season with a full and strong off-season.
Is this quote supposed to be supportive of Naz? A "throw away year"? How can Kadri afford to have an attitude like that? Does he really want to throw away any year? Does he want Zigomanis as a line mate for years to come?

Old
11-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Quote:
Do you really think most 7th overall picks pan out as first-liners/top-pairing defensemen?

Old
11-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Kadri's benching is a message being sent by his coach and hopefully a reality check awakening for the young man himself.

He is capable of playing better and is not going to be coddled for his talent, but rather evaluated on his performance by Eakins.

This may be a turning point where hopefully he comes back more determined then ever.

11-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Leaf4Life

I've been saying Kadri is a bust for awhile and he has yet been able to show me anything to suggest otherwise.

He's the type of guy whose game suits a game of shinny and not much more.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Leaf4Life

Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
I hope we trade him and he lights it up. My favourite player.

Leafs on Kadri:

2009: too weak, poor decision making with the puck. Improve on strength and stop trying to dangle guys at the wrong time
2010: too weak, poor decision making with the puck. Improve on strength and stop trying to dangle guys at the wrong time
2011: too weak, poor decision making with the puck. Improve on strength and stop trying to dangle guys at the wrong time
2012: ok, you finally focused on strength training. But still too cute with the puck

So it took 3 years for him to get it in his head to finally start focussing on strength/fitness training.

Maybe in another 3 years he can start making good decisions with the puck.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:57 AM
TheOneArmedMan

I think Kadri will be an NHL player.... just not with the Leafs. I see him performing well on a small market team with little media coverage. We are acting like he is going to be the next Sundin or something, I see him kind of like Grabovski.... a solid 2nd line center or winger whatever he turns out to be.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneArmedMan View Post
I think Kadri will be an NHL player.... just not with the Leafs. I see him performing well on a small market team with little media coverage. We are acting like he is going to be the next Sundin or something, I see him kind of like Grabovski.... a solid 2nd line center or winger whatever he turns out to be.
Jiri Tlusty was a PPG AHLer that was deemed expendable by Toronto better suited for a smaller hockey market with less media pressure and attention.

Kadri does get extra focus and attention on his progress because of that in TO as well.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
Do you really think most 7th overall picks pan out as first-liners/top-pairing defensemen?
When you draft a small, pure skills player at #7 overall..........yes.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneArmedMan View Post
You are partially correct imo. His future could be with a small market, non-contender who needs to fill out their top six with cheap talent. I don't think he will ever be solid as he has absolutely no hockey sense and is basically a bunch of pond hockey tricks like Robbie Schremp. He is not a player that a team with any Cup aspirations will ever target.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
My expectations from a 7th overall would be an excellent top 6 forward / top 4 defense...is that askin too much?

Old
11-10-2012, 12:16 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
My expectations from a 7th overall would be an excellent top 6 forward / top 4 defense...is that askin too much?
I still believe he can pan out as a top 6 forward. He's just in a slump. Grabovski has his slumps in the NHL.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
When you draft a small, pure skills player at #7 overall..........yes.
Colin Wilson was drafted #7 overall in 2008 (the year previous to Kadri)

&

Jeff Skinner was drafted #7 overall in 2010 (the year after Kadri)

They seem to be performing at the NHL level.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Deal him with the 1st in 2014 to get a top 12 pick this year

Closed Thread