HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

The ChannelAwesome Thread, Part Duex

Old
10-10-2015, 10:14 PM
BigMac1212
Registered Jinx

vCash: 500
The ChannelAwesome Thread, Part Duex

(Yes, I did had this thread revoked on accident, but the moderator did apologize and give permission to post a second thread, so hopefully, things will go smoothly this time.)

ChannelAwesome.com, formerly ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com, is a popular video hosting site for webshow hosts. The leader of this group is Doug Walker (Don't you dare mention the cartoon show "Doug.") aka "The Nostalgia Critic. He remembers it so you don't have to. He used to only do movies and shows before the year 2000, but nowadays, anything goes. But there's more to Channelawesome than Doug's videos. Here's the video sites that I watch:
  • Atop the 4th Wall (where bad comics burn)
  • The Blockbuster Buster
  • The Cinema Snob (don't tell my Christian friends I watch Brad Jones' show ^^; )
  • Film Brain (if he ever gets to Bad Movie Beatdown again)
  • MikeJ occasionally for his Shameless Sequels
  • Todd in the Shadows occasionally, especially for his Top Ten Worst Songs of the Year (His shtick is that he always covers his face with either shadows or a visor)
  • Anime Abandon from Benennet The Sage (has a funky schedule)
  • Rap Critic (not a rap fan, just watch the Top Worst Lyrics of the Month/Year)

There have been a few former members, including Spoony, Phelous, and Obscurus Lupa. They still have a good relationship with the website.

Do you have a favorite reviewer or two?

BigMac1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Devourers

vCash: 50
Prefer Doug over the rest by a pretty large margin and even then at times find he can be really annoying. It's a good channel to catch funny movie reviews and most of the time when he doesn't go too over the top he's good, sometimes he goes bat**** nuts and it can come off very annoying.

His Co actors also just aren't very good most of the time. That being said he seems like a good guy and I'll watch the occasional video on YouTube when it pertains to something i want to see or liked.

Devourers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Cursed Lemon
Registered Bruiser

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Cursed Lemon
I think the writing for Doug's skits has gotten a lot better as such to allow his co-stars to actually act. The Mad Max review is a good example.

Cursed Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote