We're getting a charity game too!

Old
10-29-2012, 01:55 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
We're getting a charity game too!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408402

Tickets are supposed to be $20! After seeing the Chicago Champs for Charity game, I was hoping we could get something cool like this. PR stunt or not, never a bad thing to have more money raised for charities, especially children's charities.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Tintin's Ghost

vCash: 500
Just posted the link in the Tracking Players thread. That's great to see and really smart of Ladd and Stuart. One charity game can go a long way back to make back lost goodwill caused by the alcohol-fuelled twitter rants of some of their peers.

Hope to see some pics posted in here if any of you folks go.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:55 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Just posted the link in the Tracking Players thread. That's great to see and really smart of Ladd and Stuart. One charity game can go a long way back to make back lost goodwill caused by the alcohol-fuelled twitter rants of some of their peers.

Hope to see some pics posted in here if any of you folks go.
Oh damn, I was checking some of the other threads like OT and looking for threads about this but saw none

Definitely gonna see if some friends want to try and get tickets.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:55 AM
wpglax

no surprise, apparently the tickets are selling like hotcakes .. sold out in some locations already. BP Regent still had a decent amount when I was there, but I think they're going to go fast once lunch hits.

wpglax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
dhfromkw

Grabbed mine from Boston Pizza Cityplace. Should be a good time if they can get all the players they invited to participate.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Interesting side note and not for nothing, but Jets players using the MTS Iceplex really shows the good relationship that TN has with the players.

Love to see there won't be animosity between the two once the season starts (or next year). True North is building a pretty nice relationship with the players and that is only going to help us in the future.

10-30-2012, 03:47 PM
New Jets
Jets fan since '79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Interesting side note and not for nothing, but Jets players using the MTS Iceplex really shows the good relationship that TN has with the players.

Love to see there won't be animosity between the two once the season starts (or next year). True North is building a pretty nice relationship with the players and that is only going to help us in the future.
Don't be too sure about all that.

TNSE are not married to the players - they run the team, provide the players with what they need, etc.

But they are running a business and are there to make sure the Jets make a profit, are competitive and continue to be viable.

New Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:23 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post
Don't be too sure about all that.

TNSE are not married to the players - they run the team, provide the players with what they need, etc.

But they are running a business and are there to make sure the Jets make a profit, are competitive and continue to be viable.
In order to thrive as a good business you still need to keep your employees happy...

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:54 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
In order to thrive as a good business you still need to keep your employees happy...
Agreed! Isn't employee-employer a type of relationship even if it is short term?

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Lomac

vCash: 315
Quote:

They have to rent their own ice time, so it's not like True North is giving them free reign to use it during the lock out.

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
They have to rent their own ice time, so it's not like True North is giving them free reign to use it during the lock out.
Rented or not, true north is still letting them use it.
They could tell the players to piss off and skate sone where else

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Rented or not, true north is still letting them use it.
They could tell the players to piss off and skate sone where else
I lol'd.

Imagine the nightmare optics that would produce for the owners if TNSE told the players to piss off with raising money for charity.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 1117
Apparently kenaston BP still has some. Just picked up a couple.

Mathil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Daynz
What!?!

Ugh. The one time I'm too busy to check the boards for news. Can I get tickets by phone if some are still available? Doubtful but I'm going to try. Kenaston is extremely far and I don't have a car. Plus I have appointments scheduled out of the wazoo tomorrow. I'm so annoyed. The only affordable game I'd be able to see, lock out or no lock out.

Edit: I have two tickets held. I've never been to a hockey game. Any hockey game. <--- emoticon does not do justice.

Last edited by Daynz: 10-30-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Daynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

My point about the ice time is this:

If True North wanted to be dicks they could just tell the players they can't use the Iceplex ice and facilities for the players. They not only allow them to use this stuff for the charity event, but as a matter of course. A bunch of NHL'ers (not all Jets) have been skating there since the lockout.

If the players wanted to sulk and felt sour towards TN, they could easily rent ice anywhere else in the city. There are plenty of free sheets of ice during the day.

The fact that there is an amicable relationship between the two at this time bodes well for us. I don't see an us vs. them mentality when it comes to True North specifically and the players, and to me, that is a good sign.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daynz View Post
Ugh. The one time I'm too busy to check the boards for news. Can I get tickets by phone if some are still available? Doubtful but I'm going to try. Kenaston is extremely far and I don't have a car. Plus I have appointments scheduled out of the wazoo tomorrow. I'm so annoyed. The only affordable game I'd be able to see, lock out or no lock out.

Edit: I have two tickets held. I've never been to a hockey game. Any hockey game. <--- emoticon does not do justice.
Good for you! You will have a great time

Old
10-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Daynz
What!?!

Quote:
Good for you! You will have a great time
I'm so tired. I spent about a minute trying to remember how to like your post before I remembered that I'm not on facebook.

Daynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 1117
Quote:
My point about the ice time is this:

If True North wanted to be dicks they could just tell the players they can't use the Iceplex ice and facilities for the players. They not only allow them to use this stuff for the charity event, but as a matter of course. A bunch of NHL'ers (not all Jets) have been skating there since the lockout.

If the players wanted to sulk and felt sour towards TN, they could easily rent ice anywhere else in the city. There are plenty of free sheets of ice during the day.

The fact that there is an amicable relationship between the two at this time bodes well for us. I don't see an us vs. them mentality when it comes to True North specifically and the players, and to me, that is a good sign.
iirc, the charity event is at max bell on the u of m campus, not ice plex. Perhaps tnse said no to the ice plex, or the players decided to avoid the situation entirely.

Mathil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:40 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathil8 View Post
iirc, the charity event is at max bell on the u of m campus, not ice plex. Perhaps tnse said no to the ice plex, or the players decided to avoid the situation entirely.
Ladd said in his tweet that it's at Max Bell

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:32 PM
wpglax

There are 2 events.

1 is at Max Bell on the 17th. ($20) - NHLPA vs Cops - NHLPA members TBA, surprises (according to rep dropping off tickets @ BP Regent), autograph alley
1 is at the IcePlex on the 24th. ($10) - Cops vs Firemen - 3 current Jets (Ladd, Stuart, ?)

Old
10-31-2012, 02:52 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Snagged two tickets for the 17th. It'll be a hoot, I'm sure. Always love to see the "Beer League" types mix it up with NHL'ers. Can be quite fun.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathil8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Ladd said in his tweet that it's at Max Bell
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpglax View Post
There are 2 events.

1 is at Max Bell on the 17th. ($20) - NHLPA vs Cops - NHLPA members TBA, surprises (according to rep dropping off tickets @ BP Regent), autograph alley
1 is at the IcePlex on the 24th. ($10) - Cops vs Firemen - 3 current Jets (Ladd, Stuart, ?)
Yeah, it's 2 separate events. Regardless, NHLPA members have been skating at the Iceplex and using the player facilities since the lockout started.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:14 AM
wpglax

Anybody know which NHLPA members are skating at the IcePlex still? IC reported that Ladd, Miettinen, Little and Stuart were there today, but who else is around town that might be in this game? Did Olli and Zajac leave, or are they still here?

Old
11-08-2012, 10:29 PM
dhfromkw

Did anyone catch the line-up announcement on TSN 1290? There were a few surprises.

From what I remember:

Andrew Ladd, Mark Stuart, Jim Slater, Olli Jokinen, Tanner Glass, Colin Wilson, Chris Mason, Shea Weber, Jordan Tootoo, Jonathan Toews, Mike Richards, Ryan Garbutt, and Bryan Little.

Really glad I didn't wait to get tickets to this. It's sold out now.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:34 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Jokinens kids are in school locally, so I doubt he'd leave.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote