HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

AHL Prospect Discussion Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
They would be doomed without Schultz. Teubert and Plante are both looking like big time busts. Ringwald and Zahn are scrubs. To be fair, they are missing Brandon Davidson and Martin Marincin, 2/3rds of their top 4 I'm assuming.
Believe it or not, Plante was an AHL All Star last year. He will never have an NHL career but he should be able to carve out a career in the AHL. He has had a rough start to the year though.

Missing Marincin and Davidson does hurt the team quite a bit.

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sounds like defense is a problem. Not entirely unexpected, is it?
The whole d line is rookies and the depth players look not in it. The big guns played.. well big

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:44 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sounds like defense is a problem. Not entirely unexpected, is it?
Marincin is our 2nd best D on the farm and by a sizable margin. Davidson had his best game of the season prior to being diagnosed with cancer. Besides Schultz and Marincin our best D prospects aren't in the AHL at the moment (Klefbom, Musil, and Gernat). The former two in particular would be big additions to our farm team. Plante and Ringwald in particular have been horrid for our club and Fedun has taken a significant step back after his injury last season, our defense has been our sore spot so far this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Still, I fear what the Oilers will look like once those kids are grown up. I just didn't expect them to give up a lead like that in such a short time late in the game. They had a lot of momentum late in the game last night. I didn't think the Aeros would play dead or anything, but losing Brodin and Granlund certainly changes the dynamic a bit.
You guys had a lot of fight and it paid off. No excuses from our side, you guys got the job done and we didn't.

11-04-2012, 04:52 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Schultz now sits at 6-9-15 and a +6 after 9 games. I don't think that anyone would've predicted this kind of a start to his AHL career. He currently has a 3 point lead in AHL scoring, that is insane for a defenseman.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:12 AM
urho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Schultz now sits at 6-9-15 and a +6 after 9 games. I don't think that anyone would've predicted this kind of a start to his AHL career. He currently has a 3 point lead in AHL scoring, that is insane for a defenseman.
It indeed is. I'd like to have seen Granlund challenging his point totals now that they were playing against each other but his injury came at a bad time. Grannys PPG before the injury was 1,5 and he was getting better every game.

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
It indeed is. I'd like to have seen Granlund challenging his point totals now that they were playing against each other but his injury came at a bad time. Grannys PPG before the injury was 1,5 and he was getting better every game.
Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Marcus Folgino - Looked great when he wanted to even try the slightest. Made the dogs look bad whenever he wanted to. Can't really improve much in the AHL. Needs the NHL.

Knapp - Played well for the whole game except for 6 minutes. Though that was a team collapse imo and the dogs got lucky with a pp goal, cause their pp sucks ass.

Should have posted last night, but that's all I remember, or feel that's key.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:36 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
Worst. Nickname. Ever.

WonderTwinsUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Leehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I personally was thinkin something like point/game. Barons way too stacked that's why, too many elite forwards to be trailed he profits from that more than you think, just saying.

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:59 AM
urho

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Worst. Nickname. Ever.
Yeh, I kinda prefer his original nickname Mikke but he's already known as Granny by his teammates FBJ is a good nickname too.

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
I personally was thinkin something like point/game. Barons way too stacked that's why, too many elite forwards to be trailed he profits from that more than you think, just saying.
RNH and Eberle have 10 and 11 points respectively, Schultz has 15.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Eberle just dominated the Aeros this weekend. Wow.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Loffer

Eberle is a great player but it's only a matter of time when rnh explodes-.

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 07:40 PM
newfy

Watching the griffs and aeros right now. I gotta say Coyle is more physical then I remember and is stirring up some ****. However this might be out of frustration because he hasnt really done much offensively at all.

Mrazek has been lights out. When do we start considering Mrazek one of the more elite goalie prospects out there? Hes killed it at every level hes played

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Tim Erixon with 3 points, +5, 2/3rds through the Springfield-Connecticut.

Last edited by Samkow: 11-04-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Update
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Watching the griffs and aeros right now. I gotta say Coyle is more physical then I remember and is stirring up some ****. However this might be out of frustration because he hasnt really done much offensively at all.

Mrazek has been lights out. When do we start considering Mrazek one of the more elite goalie prospects out there? Hes killed it at every level hes played
He's definitely a rising prospect but let's see if he can stay consistent. I don't think he's going to turn out like McCollum, but McCollum had a good start as well.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Up to 4 points, with a +6 rating

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Patrick Holland, Steve Quailer, Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu are my favourites out of Hamilton so far. I mean, not necessarily the players that have played the best, but in my eyes those are the guys that have showed the most in terms of ''long term NHL potential''

Beaulieu is just an offensive weapon... Dennis Wideman-like. Yes he is a wreck defensively.

Holland is just so solid... for a 7th rounder he's just absurb. I liked his balance, his vision, his hands, his skating abilities.

Quailer is very raw but he's my kind of project... has got all the tools. He's big but is a very good technical skater. Good speed, acceleration. Seems to have very solid hands as well. A player that is very involved in all 3-zones.

As for Ellis hasn't played much but he's been very solid, always in the right position, very strong on his skates, hitting hard, making the safe plays, etc. Really liking his game.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Reinhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Patrick Holland, Steve Quailer, Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu are my favourites out of Hamilton so far. I mean, not necessarily the players that have played the best, but in my eyes those are the guys that have showed the most in terms of ''long term NHL potential''

Beaulieu is just an offensive weapon... Dennis Wideman-like. Yes he is a wreck defensively.

Holland is just so solid... for a 7th rounder he's just absurb. I liked his balance, his vision, his hands, his skating abilities.

Quailer is very raw but he's my kind of project... has got all the tools. He's big but is a very good technical skater. Good speed, acceleration. Seems to have very solid hands as well. A player that is very involved in all 3-zones.

As for Ellis hasn't played much but he's been very solid, always in the right position, very strong on his skates, hitting hard, making the safe plays, etc. Really liking his game.
I always liked Holland. Was sad to see him leave the organization in that trade. I am not sure what level of success he will end up having in the NHL, but I am betting he will become an NHL player.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
Schultz doesn't even play with them during even strength, he plays with the checking line. He only plays with them on the PP and only a handful of his points are PP points.

CupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Shout/out to Lindholm. He played a great game against the Binghamton Senators.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
He's definitely a rising prospect but let's see if he can stay consistent. I don't think he's going to turn out like McCollum, but McCollum had a good start as well.
McCollum was good in juniors. He was never particularly good in the AHL. Mrazek has a .96x save percentage and has given up 1 goal in each of his first two games. Sure its early but his save percentage was about the same in the ECHL and he was pretty dominant in the OHL *(believe he was in ohl to lazy to look it up). Kid should remain relatively consistent baring injuries.

Granted the Astros are not a great offensive team but he is a clear upgrade over McCollum.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Great work my son, you will do well for the Rangers this year.

WhereIsIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
Great work my son, you will do well for the Rangers this year.
lol what

In other news, Springfield, with that win over the Whale (10-2; goals by Erixon, JAM, Drazenovic, Johansen, Kubalik, Johansen again, Joudrey, Atkinson, Chaput, and Drazenovic again), is presently in sole possession of first place in the AHL East with 9 games played.

That's... a tad unexpected.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
lol what

In other news, Springfield, with that win over the Whale (10-2; goals by Erixon, JAM, Drazenovic, Johansen, Kubalik, Johansen again, Joudrey, Atkinson, Chaput, and Drazenovic again), is presently in sole possession of first place in the AHL East with 9 games played.

That's... a tad unexpected.
He is still a bit bitter about Erixon not wanting to play in Calgary.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote